Ladyworld Reviews

• Sep 12, 2019

Ladyworld is far too cogent too often to be considered "accidentally solid for long stretches of time" — it's definitely worth watching for any horror fan as well as any fan of shoestring-budgeted projects that are crafted impressively efficient. The biggest problem with Ladyworld isn't that it lacks intriguing material or characters, but rather the opposite; it's overflowing with fertile narrative landscape & the archetypical character portrayals work so brilliantly and take only minutes to establish all EIGHT of them. I'd love to see a longer cut of this film, with more scenes that show us what every person does (other than the two vying for control over the group) in between the larger confrontations or the ever-increasing mania being conjured by the restless followers awaiting rescue, instruction, and purpose.

• Sep 09, 2019

Feels like a film school project, and not a good one, with characters who lack believable motivation for their actions and a plot that crawls along taunting you to keep watching because something is bound to happen eventually, surely.

• Sep 01, 2019

I just am not understanding why they didnt open a window... let the dirt into the room.... and then dig themselves out??? Trapped is a strong word for what these women were experiencing. Great use of lighting, consistency, and writing, and a beautiful adaption of Lord of The Flies for a newer generation. This is a wonderful translation of the book to a movie for a 16 year old in 2019 who may struggle to understand the concepts being presented in the literature.

• Aug 29, 2019

This movie is garbage trying to be some kind of female only Lord of the Flies but executed poorly. It's all over the place and not worth your time.

• Joe G
    Aug 09, 2019

An exploration into physical and psychological claustrophobia, with a fantastic cast of up-and-coming women who we should all be watching out for

• Dec 21, 2018

Ariela's interpretation is the most wonderful thing of the movie, I ended up being completed in love with her acting skills, I should see more works from her