Reviews

• Jun 12, 2021

I suspect this movie would do well with gay and straight audiences alike as a unique time capsule about the dawn of Social Influencing... Helen Slater is beyond gorgeous in this, and every bit the super girl. Some deep myths are being played out here, as Billie Jean's potential rapist who got shot by her brother is also selling her iconography as a criminal. Even the cop that's chasing Billie Jean is eventually smitten and gets caught up in her myth. Everyone burns their worship of Billie Jean in the end (hello lil online influencer fires) realizing it was all a false narrative. In this finale, you realize Billie Jean is the very first Burning Man, as the kids throw their idol's t-shirts and posters into the fire.

• May 15, 2021

What does it mean to be a feminist icon within a voracious system of patriarchal capital that cannibalizes all resistance? In the hagiography of public opinion, Saint Jean is a Robin Hood seeking economic justice. But the legend conceals a deeper crime, that she is a Red Riding Hood, the victim of a wolf-whistling pig.

• Apr 06, 2021

It a feminist movie for 80's teens. Fun, sexy, fast, lighthearted and even educational. Too simplistic to be considered an A-movie, but good enought to be watched.

• Oct 11, 2020

Ok so I remember when the movie came out lol. And to this day it is one of my favorites. I mean the Pat Benatar soundtrack just pumps it even more. I finally the other day or night I should say watched the Joan of Arc movie Billie Jean watched in which she cut all her hair. I don't know maybe it's just me and I don't care about plots and whatever. It is a cult classic for me. Can you imagine being 8 years old and daydreaming the Pat Benatar songs and in your head you are Billie Jean because she was so strong and beautiful. Fast forward to age 44 and you still get the same feeling after watching it. We love you Billie Jean!!!! I just wish they aired it more.

• Jun 04, 2020

Awesome movies. Love the Slater's.

Awesome movies. Love the Slater's.

• Aug 20, 2019

One of my Favorite Movies From the 80's Fair is Fair!

One of my Favorite Movies From the 80's Fair is Fair!

• Aug 20, 2019

Eighties. Ass-kicking female lead. Underdog story. Great music. Helen Slater + Pat Benatar = how can you go wrong?!

• Jul 05, 2019

This is a great movie with great characters. Its fun, exciting and teaches the values of humanity and the fight for right. 2 thumbs up!

• May 07, 2019

I saw this when I was a teenager and enjoyed it.

I saw this when I was a teenager and enjoyed it.

• Mar 07, 2019

It gets pretty heavy-handed at times and mostly feels like a corny after-school special, but there's something very satisfying about Billie Jean and her resolve. The transformation and the music is the crowd-cheering, fist-pumping kind of stuff you expect from an 80s cult movie.