Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life Reviews

May 27, 2017
I liked, but hated at same time, no spoiler so can't say why.
½ May 27, 2017
A familiar concept with a cool creature makes for a decent, above average space adventure.
May 26, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 2 | Acting 3 | Cinematography 3 | Film Editing 3

#Visual: Costume Design 3 | Makeup & Hairstyling 3 | Scenic Design 4 | Lighting 4 | Visual Effects 4

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 3 | Sound Editing & Mixing 4

#Overall (1~10): 4
May 26, 2017
Disappointing. Forced story, plot holes.
It had such promise.
½ May 26, 2017
Here we go, another sci-fi DISAPPOINTMENT.....Great actors, horrible movie. Cinematography good.
1.Hollywood squids: Why the Hollywood elite #- Idiots, keep using Calamari as the next big intelligent Life force astounds me. Ok ok, I know BIG HEADED- BIG EYES- skinny body aliens were a little tired. But Squids.... Who knew my Favorite childhood cartoon was an Alien. #- Squiggly Wiggly. Yes I know what you are thinking, I'm old....OK GOT IT.
2.NASA slackers: I now know why Obama shut down the NASA program. Fools leading Fools on wayward space exploration. #- Obama and Hillary dismantling our country.
If you want to sit back and watch the foolish captain and crew do nothing while one by one each die a horrible death. Then once the carnage is over they jump into action Two steps behind the squids next move.
3.The End: Why is it the only intelligent moments of the Crew come near the end..Mind you not by the Ships Captain, but a low level Dr. That has been in space by himself for way to long. We all wish in some way that could have been us in space the last eight years. #-Obama and Hillary. Really -WOW
Sloppy plot, horrid design. Great acting but not believable......../^^^^^^. Now back to the movie
Do not waste your time or money....you will find it in your local yard sale soon. Promise
½ May 25, 2017
This was one of the most suspenseful sci-fi alien movies I've seen. The most top notch terror was shown in this film followed my amazing preformances by Rebecca Ferguson and Jake Gylenhall. It's got all of the fix ins for an amazing sci-do film, it has terror, suspense, a freaky as hell alien, and gore. I don't know if alien covenant can beat this.
½ May 25, 2017
Scared the crap out of me this film is horrifying
May 25, 2017
A great addition to the sci-fi genre that should serve as a warning to future space farers.
B-
Though the story is familiar and the narrative somewhat repetitive, Life utilizes special effects, tone, and solid performances across the board to bring to life (pun intended) what we go to the movies for.
May 23, 2017
Not a bad movie despite the not so good reviews. This movie had a lot of action and suspense within the first 15 min. Interesting creature and looking forward to the sequel!
May 23, 2017
loved it, but it got me slipped away and confused with this movie and alien movie from 1900s. but yeah it was pretty great.
½ May 21, 2017
What a ripoff of the Alien movie, but so much worse
The dialogue was so weak in comparison, and the suspense also.
Why make a movie that will be compared to a Classic and fall way short?
My favorite part of the movie was the end.
No seriously it was a surprise ending which is the only thing I liked!
Grade C
½ May 21, 2017
Basically a more realistic version of the classic Alien movie. It's like Gravity meets Alien but it's better than Gravity because that movie sucked pretty bad. Life had a good cast and had an interesting alien type that killed people in disgusting ways lol. This movie also had balls because of it's ending, it didn't just have your typical happy ending.
May 21, 2017
I just saw "LIFE" last night and man is that cool. It's so realistic that one clings to the seat in many occasion. Exceptional visuals which make you feel like being in the ISS, with tension rising to the very end. One really doesn't need an acid saliva dripping alien to fear that this stuff could happen tomorrow. 8/10 points
May 21, 2017
Suspenseful loved it
May 20, 2017
Avoid the crowds, see this Alien
½ May 19, 2017
This is a well-directed sci-fi horror movie with plenty of brilliant suspenseful scenes, superb use of CGI, and wonderful performances from the cast.
½ May 19, 2017
Here are my thoughts on the movie, I surprisingly enjoyed it. When I saw the trailer, I wasn't interested at all. But then I heard good things about it, so I went with an open mind and gave it a chance. And it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I thought the visuals and the cinematography was amazing. I love what they've done with the environment it felt like I was actually in space. I love the design of the creature and the performance of the cast was great.

Overall, I thought it was very solid sci-fi horror film. It's was very intense, good twist and well directed. The thing I didn't like about the movie is that they didn't add anything new. And I wanted more character development. But it's definitely worth the experience in the theater in IMAX. And don't expect this movie to be a game changer in this genre.
½ May 19, 2017
Like it should be, there's not always a happy ending. Trim your nails if you bring a friend.
May 19, 2017
Great movie. Everyone gives a great performance. This is probably one the most intense films I've ever seen the theater. I'm happy the trailer does not give too much away in the actual film which a lot of movies do now. The movie definitely has similarities with alien and other space films but I think this one does enough to separate itself from other ones. Had a great time.
75/100