Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life Reviews

January 17, 2018
This movie is just a very by the numbers Aliens ripoff. It's not that bad but it's not great, we've seen this movie before a solid half dozen times before and at least 2 of those are absolute classics. The only real thing that redeems the movie for me and puts it into really good territory is the ending. The ending is so unexpected that it will destroy you in the best way, I genuinely was giddy because they did the thing. The ending really does justify the movie and it's one to go see, maybe when it's movie of the week or on Netflix, but it's a good bit of fun
January 16, 2018
es una buena película
January 16, 2018
La película life para mi es una gran película de terror que me encanto la historia pero si no los personajes y también la trama y ahora dicen que la película life es una copia a alien pero siempre de la historia del cine siempre y siempre son copias otra película ,la película life intenta de ser una historia original pero pierde el original otra películas .
½ January 12, 2018
Just like another alien movie..predictable
January 12, 2018
Frightening and full of suspense, Life is a terrifying sci-fi thriller. The story follows the crew of the International Space Station as they study specimens brought back by a Mars probe and discover a micro-organism; however the organism begins to rapidly grow and starts attacking the station's crew. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Hiroyuki Sanada, and Ryan Reynolds, the film has an impressive cast that delivers some strong performances. And the special effects are especially good, particularly the creature deigns; which starts out rather innocent looking and gets progressively sinister and menacing as it grows. The score is also incredibly well-done; capturing the dark and foreboding tone of the material. Yet the plot is rather predictable and somewhat derivative of other sci-fi films. Still, Life is intense and entertaining, and delivers some chilling scares.
January 11, 2018
Some minor weaknesses for this effective thriller. It was a 'good' moment watching it.
January 10, 2018
Ikke min slags film, men godt lavet
½ January 8, 2018
Kind of typical aliens attack flick but not in the way you would expect.
January 8, 2018
By far one of the worst movies I have ever watched. The scenes themselves are well made, featuring great acting and high quality CGI. The story premise has potential, but the reliance on multiple faults and accidents (at least 3) that seem unlikely to occur by themselves and during multiple scenes the characters seem to forget their years of experience as scientists, including one scene where every single character forgets that there are protocols, and another where a character tries to get petty revenge instead of holding quarantine (both of these scenes appeared at the start and no one was in danger during the latter scene). The ending has a plot twist that felt forced and cheap, and seemed so contrived I had to fight the urge to stop watching. Luckily for me, the movie ended about 2 minutes after.

The movie appears to be a Alien rip-off sprinkled with a few "modern day" modifications. The change from the characters being scavengers to scientists between Aliens and Life makes the disorganisation and rage shown as the tension is supposed to build makes the characters seem unqualified and stupid. I couldn't really sympathise with many of them. The ending is to some extent different, but that doesn't make it good.

In layman's terms, do not watch this movie. You will not get anything from it and you will lose two hours of your existence that you could have spent doing something else and, in rare cases, you may lose a little bit of your faith in humanity.

Well, it does let me make an ironic joke by being able to say "Life is the worst movie of all time"
½ January 7, 2018
Nothing special or groundbreaking, but a decent watch if you want to see the same space thriller you've seen before.
½ January 7, 2018
I'd say this movie was okay. I think it was relying a bit too much on gore and jumpscares. I liked how it dragged on with the start of the movie when everything is still well for such a long time, making the people who have seen the trailers uncomfortable seeing everyone so happy and hopeful.
However, the main cast along had so many people that you simply couldn't grow to care for them or in some cases even remember their names before they were already dead. The ending too was incredibly predictable. Wouldn't recommend seeing this film unless you really just like seeing gore (which is not exactly my thing.)
½ January 5, 2018
An Alien carbon copy that manages to bring that movie's setting into a modern, scientifically possible scenario, but lacks any differentiation other than an above-average plot twist at the very end. Sequel bait much? As a fan of the genre, I still enjoyed watching it in the comfort of my own home.
½ January 5, 2018
Reminded me of Alien but that's not a terrible thing. I thought it was full of tension and suspense but I'm easily frightened by movies. Ryan Reynolds role might have been superfluous but I thought it was well acted. I believed they were cold in that scene near the end! I liked the ending. Worth a watch.
January 5, 2018
If you liked "Alien," you'll like "Life." Ripley was the smartest one in the room, unfortunately, "Life" didn't have a Ripley.
January 4, 2018
Felt like a modern retelling of the original Alien movie, except in present day and near Earth. It's pretty good for the most part, although the alien looks like a space octopus so it's not really menacing looking. I knew where this was going to end up when all was said and done, so no shocker there. Good enough I suppose, but it's definitely nowhere as good as Alien.
January 3, 2018
The story was great, but lacking on some drama from the ground which could make a story more full. And the ending is just not fare.
½ January 1, 2018
Though plot was rather linear with a predictable conclusion and pocked with characters whom make decisions unbecoming of their stature, I still enjoyed this film. Always appreciated when science fiction makes it's aliens with minimal human characteristics. Strong acting and satisfying science propel this movie into the 'worth seeing' category.
December 31, 2017
An A plus cast does good work but a bare bones plot and odd pacing pull it down to earth....it does have a great ending.
December 30, 2017
Si conbinamos dos generos; el terror y la sobrevivivencia se nos viene inmediatamente una sola película; alíen.
Y si está película se tomó muchas inspiraciones es la primera película de alíen. Pero eso no le quita lo bueno, en la película podemos encontrar situaciónes de alta tensión, un terror de verdad, un terror que te causa el no saber qué va a pasar, si buscas una buena película de terror y fuera de lo convencional de este 2017 esta es tu película.
½ December 28, 2017