Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life Reviews

March 23, 2017
Just imagine you are watching alien but every single character is incapable of making a good decision. You will leave the theater thinking "wow...really?...ugh."
March 23, 2017
I belong up here. I don't wanna go back to eight billions of those motherfuckers.
½ March 23, 2017
Crap! Predictable and dumb.
½ March 23, 2017
LIFE had a awesome opening scene, with some amazing camera work, which set the bar high. As the film progressed, I really enjoyed the action and the tension, but the tension dies down rather fast as the film goes on and I had no really care for the characters. Overall, it was a fun thriller with some cool sci-fi elements and some really nice camera work and direction, would recommend!
March 22, 2017
I was able to view an advanced screening but only have seen the last 20 minutes. I do not favor open-ended movies. I wanted the problem resolved.
March 22, 2017
Saw a free screening. Not very original, but I liked that it was set in modern times. Would be worth the ticket price if your expectations are for a mediocre sci-fi flick. If you expect something good, you might be disappointed. Almost campy / comedy. Not really scary, alien effects look fake. Almost like a pixar horror movie. This is basically Alien set in modern times.
March 22, 2017
I just watch this. If you like something that doesn't have a good after taste and you like being shocked, this is for you. Don't watch this just because of the actors,

*spoiler alert* skip it if you don't like movie with the worst possible ending.
March 22, 2017
It's good, but can feel like a clone of it's predecessor, 1979's Alien. Expect more thriller than horror, and not scary.
March 22, 2017
Just got out of the theatre, must write review quickly before details are purged from memory, must warn others. You know it is a bad Space Horror movie when you want the space monster, in this case Kalvin (No, really, they named it Kalvin) to eat the entire cast so the movie will just end. One dimensional story meets two dimensional acting. Plot holes so big even light can not escape their gravitational pull. If you must, get the DVD, wait for a rainy day and if there is nothing on TV and even then don't bother. They must have been paying Ryan Reynolds by the Minute because he disappears after about 10 minutes of screen time.
½ March 22, 2017
It's no classic but it's definitely fun and also intense :)
March 21, 2017
I wish RT would only post reviews from people who have actually seen the movie. I just came out of a screening of this movie and I was blown away -- it was as suspenseful as Alien but as artistically-shot as Gravity...with a plot-twists and a surprise ending. I looked around the theater and everyone else looked as horrified / stressed out as I was.

TL;DR: VERY satisfying!!!! This one will stay with me for a while.
March 21, 2017
This movie looks like Alien but this generations version. If the new Alien movie isn't bad the genre might be revamped.
March 21, 2017
A space crew discovers life on Mars! But it's never too late to copy the seminal sci-fi classic "Alien" (1979), so it decides to kill everybody on the International Space Station, and do it fast. I hope they will not let it reach Earth, because that would spell doom for all of us!

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds, Hiroyuki Sanada. They do a fine work with all the usual genre staples - pretending to be awed by new life form, then scared, brave, desperate etc. - but it's not really an actors' movie. You will only probably remember Reynolds because his character's fate is the most surprising.

If you like the kind of movies where humankind meets extraterrestrial life that turns out to be fast and efficient killer(s), then you will mostly enjoy "Life". If you find the original "Alien" blueprint shamelessly overused during the last 40-some years, then you will... also mostly enjoy this. It's fast and brutal enough to satisfy those hungry for some blood and guts, and slick-looking
Good luck searching for this movie online, though. The word "life" is a popular part of many movie titles, including some which are also just called "Life". Like this Eddie Murphy's and Martin Lawrence's 1999's comedy which is way more original but way less entertaining than this new actioneer.
"Life" has been released two months earlier than initially planned, to avoid competition with "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales". A wise choice! Or maybe it would have turned out to be an excellent counterprogramming for those who would rather be killed by extraterrestrial than watch another Johnny Depp big summer movie?

Directed by Daniel Espinosa whom you probably don't remember by competent actioneer "Safe House" (2012) and mediocre thriller "Child 44" (2015).
½ March 21, 2017
Very intense, reminded me of the first Alien.
March 20, 2017
Don't like horror or much astronaut movies
March 20, 2017
Look good, people give it one star and they haven't even seen it! So I'm going to give it 5 stars!
March 20, 2017
Brant Nemec-This is nothing like Arrival, there is actually something happening in this movie it looks grand!
March 19, 2017
The critics are rating this one up just they tdid Arrival and it was a nothing burger. Don't be fooled twice. The critics like touchy feely Liberals things and often don't reflect the typical movie goer.
March 19, 2017
Ripping off Alien really?!