The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou Reviews

½ April 9, 2018
It's visually engaging and Murray is brilliant in the lead, but nothing else is nearly as impressive or developed.
April 6, 2018
style over substance gone wrong. but still worth watching thoe :)
½ April 3, 2018
Not my favorite Wes Anderson film, but still one of my all-time favorite films ever. It's quirky, hilarious and touching. Beautifully shot, with an amazing cast of wonderful characters.
½ April 1, 2018
Probably the Wes Anderson film I've seen the least, but that doesn't mean it's entirely as bad as the critics penned this one. The Life Aquatic still has plenty of that Wes Anderson quirkiness and vibes to it. This movie is about a crew run by Steve Zissou (Bill Murray) an adventurer that is kind of past his prime. A younger man named Ned Plimpton (Owen Wilson) comes on board with the ideal that he may be Steve's son. Steve see's this as an opportunity to make his newest documentary a bit more interesting and brings Ned along to find a jaguar shark that killed Steve's old partner. The crew is also visited by a journalist named Jane Winslett-Richardson (Cate Blanchett) who see's through Steve's BS and starts to fall in love with Ned. The crew gets into some shenanigans and eventually come across the famed shark. The film also stars Anjelica Huston as Eleanor Zissou who is Steve's estranged wife and Willem Dafoe as Steve's first mate. Overall, the movie is quite funny at times in that kind of Wes Anderson dry humor way. It's very nonchalant and if you're not paying attention you wouldn't catch em. It has a very cool style to it which borders on fantastical at times and I really enjoyed it overall. The film does run a bit too long in my opinion. 15 minutes off of it might have helped with the pacing overall. The film also kind of takes a left turn at one point with the death of a character which i didn't think helped the story. Overall, if you're a fan of Wes Anderson films I would say definitely give this one a look.
March 30, 2018
My favorite Wes Anderson film. Every character is perfect in their part and deliver excellent performances. the critics got it wrong. In reality as much as I love LOTR this deserved best picture in 2004 and should have swept. Its such a unique film.
½ March 29, 2018
Big fan of Wes Anderson. Not his best work.
March 29, 2018
FUCK THE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT CRITICS. THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LOOKING FILM MAYBE FUCKING EVER YOU ASSHOLES
½ March 25, 2018
I loved the writing of this film, the dialogue is surprisingly original and really carried this movie. Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, and Jeff Goldblum had interesting characters, and I loved the concept of using stop-motion animation for the sea life. I wish the film didn't stray so far into cynicism, but even still, I enjoyed quirky joylessness of the endeavor.
March 24, 2018
Filled with all the Wes Anderson quirks you've come to adore.
½ March 24, 2018
This movie is a tricky - it's so good but deeply disappointing at the same time. There is so much to to love whether its the charming David Bowie covers or the lovable characters. But the problems start with Ned; he is a bad character, his accent sucks and his ending felt like it was written after the movie's ending to bridge the gap between act 2 and 3 but it just is executed badly that where you see on screen characters sad you just can't feel the same way. A smaller issue is the animated objects/sequences, they just look bad, dated and poorly executed. This is Still Wes Anderson movie which means that this charm deserves a watch.
March 20, 2018
Delightful performances, direction, production design (the list goes on and on) makes this another cinematic treasure by Wes Anderson.
March 7, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Con un ya patentado estilo cinematográfico de Wes Anderson, The Life Aquatic with Steven Zissou puede no ser su mejor trabajo, contando un una desencajada conclusión y exóticos efectos por CGI.
½ February 15, 2018
Why does this film exist? Who thought this was a good idea for a movie? I mean Wes is a fantastic director, so it looks pretty good; I just don't understand how anyone could think this was a good concept.
½ February 13, 2018
Not my favorite Wes adventure, but weird enough and funny enough to enjoy.
February 3, 2018
The Life aquatic has great performances from Bill Murray and Owen Wilson. The movie tells a competing story with a even better art style. I only have a couple flaws with the film. They include, The ending of the film, and the rushed ending. But besides that, this is a great film that I can recommend to anyone.
½ January 4, 2018
Great artistic film by Wes Anderson with signature photography. The story is interesting but not what I expected.
December 29, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal movie starring bill Murray, Owen Wilson, william Defoe and a whole lot of other amazing actors/ actresses. I don't know why this phenomenal movie has a 56 percent on rotten tomatoes. This film is up their in the best Wes Anderson movies, he never goes wrong and not with this movie. The colors and cinematography is great and the costumes that the actors wear in the film is exceptional. I will definitely watch this movie again.
December 20, 2017
You can tell this is the film where Wes Andersen started perfecting the balance between emotional weight and comedic lightness.

The characters rule, and I think I might have developed a celebrity crush on Cate Blanchett here.
½ December 20, 2017
F

8.3

[Wes Anderson]
December 14, 2017
I have not seen all Wes Anderson films, but as of now "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" is by far my least favorite film of his. While I do think the film is beautiful and colorful from the visual standpoint, I did not find any of the characters likable or charming. They are so smug and insufferable that I was already bored 20 minutes into the film, which never happened from watching a Wes Anderson film. I do not deny its uniqueness or whimsy, but I find it incredibly self-indulgent and pointless.