Reviews

• 5d ago

James bond goes occult. The humor of Roger Moore and abstract story make this a stand out film in the series. Sheriff j. D. Pepper junior third marked his debut. Who ever could kill baron Samedi anywhooo.

• Nov 03, 2021

Ah yes, the Blaxploitation one. The plot is a bit racially offensive, but the characters themselves are treated with respect, except perhaps Gloria Hendry, who plays poorly written, forgettable Bond girl. Roger Moore is not the best Bond. In this one especially he seems better fit for a British period piece drama. Great actor, just not for Bond. we have one of the best, most useful of Bond girls and a great henchman in Baron Samedi. I am really not a fan though of this being borderline if not straight up the only Bond media to feature supernatural elements... potentially. I am really even a less fan of this police chief. Even more obnoxious than I remember. Also, seeing anyone, even say a beautiful Pierce Brosnan with a mouthful of tobacco makes me feel like puking. Why is that even a thing that people do? Nasty. The boat chase scene is great and could go on even longer. I wouldn't mind. The most impressive thing of course is an actual stunt human being actually stepped over live crocodiles. Quite possible the most impressive stunt in the franchise.

• Oct 25, 2021

Extremely Entertaining πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ Sir Roger Moore proves himself as the Best 007!

• Oct 08, 2021

Bond goes to Harlem! No need to say any more. Yaphet Kotto and Jane Seymour are both terrific in this one too.

• Oct 06, 2021

[⭐️61%] Attaching a voodoo theme to Live and Let Die (1973) makes it a very unique and memorable James Bond movie with a great debut from Roger Moore. As mentioned, that voodoo theme and tone allows for an amusing environment and story to play out. While Live and Let Die (1973) has great moments and one of the best Bond songs, campiness can ruin the cohesion of the movies overall quality and is certainly a divisive entry.

• Sep 21, 2021

This Bond film is enjoyable enough. Too bad Q isn't in this one. Roger Moore is an excellent casting choice for James Bond. Yaphet Kotto who was also in Alien was great as the main villian in the movie. Great acting all around. But it is slower-paced, and there are some things that are kinda silly. Plus a lot of the villain's henchmen that ends up running away and we don't get as much action as we could have which I hate in action movies. Overall, Live and Let Die isn't too bad.

• Sep 12, 2021

It was a dull watch. It was really fun watching the older style of filing techniques and movie effects, but that was about it. They just can't seem to get the feel of a James Bond movie without Sean Connery in it so far...

• May 15, 2021

Although it has a more or less decent story line with exotic locations , the film lacks gadgets with a sort of "cheap" feel with less memorable sets. However , the film still benefits from excellent villains and Roger Moore with his suave humor.

• May 14, 2021

The funny thing about the Moore films were that they emulated the trends that were popular in cinema at the time of each release, with this one it was the Blaxploitation films of the early 70's. Moore honestly was a passable Bond at best but I loved this film as a boy and I still enjoy it today. Villain A- / Bond Girl B / Theme A+

• Apr 24, 2021

A bit of a wacky movie which is fine as the subject is all voodoo and witchcraft type of stuff. It's was a very good start for Moore. The title song is probably near the best of the whole Bond series. The actual film is pretty good and is better than the previous two films 'Majesties Service' and 'Diamonds' IMO.