The Lost World - Jurassic Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lost World - Jurassic Park Reviews

May 16, 2017
does not have the appeal of the first movie. entertaining but predictable
May 5, 2017
Spielberg remains proficient at modernizing visual effects and camera work, but the sequel to Jurassic Park deserves the original's level of plausibility, even direction, and coherent writing; which The Lost World never reaches.
May 2, 2017
most favorite Jurassic Park movie ever. Theme song is the best.
½ April 17, 2017
The movie is okay but not the best. Some scenes are very dumb, especially when they take the dinosaur in the city. But I don't hate it.
½ April 14, 2017
If they just ended the movie when they left the island. It's actually not bad otherwise.
April 2, 2017
The Lost World, is an okay film with some great actions scenes, but fails as a good sequel for Jurassic Park...
March 29, 2017
Not as good as the first one but then again there was no way it could be better then the first. I thought the plot was strong because if their really was a island like this around believe me it would go down just like it did in the movie. Where it dose lose me is when the T-Rex gets loose in San Diego I mean the action was good but they went to far with it. All in all not a bad movie just not as good as the first
March 20, 2017
Nowhere near as good as the first film and has almost nothing to do with the sequel novel upon which it's based.
March 18, 2017
I hadn't seen this since it first came out 20 years ago and I wasn't a big fan then, but decided to give it another try anyways. I like the cast which sees Jeff Goldblum returning and adds Julianne Moore and Vince Vaughn. For me, the story wasn't quite as good as it seemed to try and be more action oriented. I also missed Sam Neill's character. But, the film has it's moments and I did enjoy the animatronic dinosaurs. Worth a watch, just not that great.
March 16, 2017
as good as the first.
½ March 15, 2017
The Lost World really isn't anywhere near to being a bad movie. It's just that you could expect more from it. I really saw a lot of potential in it but it didn't use it. Just like the first Jurassic park, the CG effects are great, but that doesn't really hold up the movie by a whole lot. The plot for the movie is ok, it could've been better but the plot is just ok. The characters are pretty good but they just can't replace the cast of the first movie. Jeff Golblum is pretty good in this movie. He plays his character from the first movie and does a good job just like in the first movie. The movie is actually pretty entertaining and the end is just a load of eye candy. One thing this movie keeps is it's suspense and scary that the first movie had but just not as fresh. So overall the movie is just full of eye candy that can't fix the plot, but there are still good things about the movie that can make this movie a good welcome to the franchise. B-
March 10, 2017
"The Lost World Jurassic Park" is not a bad film, it's actually underrated. Dinosaurs look better in the span of 4 years, but is still Lacking what the first film gave. All and all Steven Spielberg gives an underappreciated film.
½ February 12, 2017
A far cry from the book. Not even charm Jeff Goldblum could lift this movie like he did with Jurassic Park.
February 10, 2017
Whilst the cinematography and dinosaur effects look great, the movie feels slower, less interesting and is littered with new characters that suffer from limited story arcs, screen time and appeal. The San Diego stuff feels very tacked on and silly and lowers the overall quality of the movie.

The real meat in the sandwich are the mostly excellent action scenes but it just isn't enough to put it on par with the previous movie from a characters and story point of view.
January 31, 2017
This is the last time I will ever talk an ex-girlfriend's movie recommendation. After falling in love with the first Jurassic Park film again, I remember an ex-girlfriend telling me that I should watch the sequels because they were good movies. I'm here to tell you straight up, this movie sucks. Now I haven't read the book or have any familiarity with the source material so don't tell me I need to read the book before I can critique a film down in the comments. As soon as I saw the weird opening sequence with the little girl on the beach encountering dinosaurs and that terrible transition to Jeff Goldblum yawning, I knew this film was going to be a major disappointment. The major reason this film does not work is because the story follows a group of characters you have never seen before who are simply unintelligent in their choices in the film and with actors who clearly don't care. Seriously, I dare you to watch just 5 minutes of Julianne Moore and Jeff Goldblum on screen together and just try to be invested or have the slightest ounce of interest. It also doesn't help that the lines of dialogue that they have to read are just absolute crap. However, I can watch a film with bad acting and still enjoy myself in the great action set-pieces. There are quite a few action scenes in this film including some destruction in a major US city. These scenes should have me on the edge of my seat, not falling asleep in it. Even the effects, for the most part, don't look as good as the first film. The story in my eyes is entirely based on a stupid decision too. Why in the world would you go to an island different than the one in the first film, and your sole purpose there is to take inventory of all the dinosaurs... Plus you send some of the most boring characters to ever appear in a Blockbuster. I still can't believe Steven Spielberg directed this film. This is one of the worst sequels I have ever seen. Sure it had a mountain to climb to live up to the first film, but at least make it enjoyable. An absolute train wreck.
January 26, 2017
A pretty bland sequel, just not that much to talk about its just bland and forgettable
½ January 14, 2017
Another overshadowed underrated sequel. This is an excellent forgotten and overlooked Spielberg flick.
January 10, 2017
Oh boy where do i start w9ith this film well lets see they in the beginning had an alright plot I guess but by the end they just made the Trex godzilla good god its my least favorite of the series the only plus I can give it is that it has some great shots and tense scenes in the first half its a shame that this movies was just disappointing from the concepts and it really doesn't add much to the series as a whole
January 2, 2017
It's a good movie to watch
January 2, 2017
A great action film. The special effects have improved, and is a fun summer movie. The plot and characters are weak unfortunately. It does beat Jurassic Park lll and Jurassic World by a landslide.