Lucky Miles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lucky Miles Reviews

½ June 2, 2014
With a winning streak of wry humor and a proudly humanist outlook, "Lucky Miles" throws refugees, people smugglers and border-patrol soldiers into the outback and emerges with entertaining and gently thought-provoking results.
March 5, 2012
Very funny, and surprising for an Australian film because it doesn't feel dry in the mouth, you know what I mean? Good casting, interesting story. Keep an eye out for Michael James Rowland as a director and writer I can totally appreciate his art.
December 9, 2011
I really liked this one -- a comedy that combined Australian landscape, social comment and cultural comparisons. I sure did laugh at times and it had me thinking, in a positive way, for days afterwards.
February 6, 2010
Probably one of the best Aussie film of 2007!It's really a great story & what an adventure for these people landing on the beach with nothing else but a suitcase & the heart full of hope for the promised land! I loved it! Give it a shot really it's worthy!
½ January 24, 2010
I guess this falls into the "dark comedy" genre. As it approaches the major issue of illegal boat-people and their desperation to enter Australia with a sense of humour. There are some great moments, and it is well-acted. Worth a look.
½ December 13, 2009
this was just too cute!!!
October 18, 2009
A great film for Australians to watch -especially Aussies who have at least the vaguest interest in immigration to Australia.
October 10, 2009
Film making in Australia just gets better and better with this very funny, quirky and moving take on the touchy subject of illegal immigration.
August 21, 2009
Nice classical comedy about unauthorized imigration to Australia. Has won awards for best editing in Australian and asian film awards. I watched it on UTV World Movies yesterday.
½ June 8, 2009
Really enjoyed this, not too serious but deeper themes seep up through the humour, very clever.
½ February 27, 2009
I really disliked one of the main characters. There wasn't an inch of him to like, which really let the film down. I would rather have known their stories and where they came from. It was entertaining, but it really just had a beginning that didn't turn into a middle and the ending was like.. and?? The cinematography and the music was wonderful though, and some of the cast were a real delight. The aboriginal tracker really made me laugh in parts - the best thing about the film.
January 29, 2009
It's funny, it's real. One thing you notice watching this movie is that there aren't any good looking, nice people in it. Yet by the time you finish the film, you are totally engaged in with the demeanor of every character. The clumsy interaction between the asylum seeking muslim engineer, the thai fisherman, and indonesian sailor is a real laugh. The cat & mouse chase involving the coast guard is quite entertaining, too. It's jut not that kind of movie you'd expect to come out of Hollywood.
January 18, 2009
So slow and crap. Seriously, would you watch this if was from a country other Australia? I think not.
January 9, 2009
Everytime I think of, I still chuckle to the car scene ... classic! pure Gold!
November 12, 2008
anyone wants to understand about the background of multicultural Australia must watch this movie. full of original ideas and wry humour. love it. love it. love it (the Indonesian dialogues sound a bit mechanical though ...)
½ September 16, 2008
A little Aussie gem of a film. Perseverance and faith. Love when they got the dead ute going! Funny in all the right places.
½ July 27, 2008
A comedy about illegal immigrants lost in the Western Australian desert. This was quiet funny in parts and didn't feel too long despite the 105 minute running time.
June 7, 2008
Thanks Fritz and Daniel. Loved this movie.
May 21, 2008
great movie with great laughs
May 16, 2008
This is a great Ozzie flick. It shows the cultural diversity of Australia while showing just how difficult it is to start life in a new country (in just about the most extreme way possible).