Lucky Miles Reviews

• Mar 05, 2012

Very funny, and surprising for an Australian film because it doesn't feel dry in the mouth, you know what I mean? Good casting, interesting story. Keep an eye out for Michael James Rowland as a director and writer I can totally appreciate his art.

• Dec 09, 2011

I really liked this one -- a comedy that combined Australian landscape, social comment and cultural comparisons. I sure did laugh at times and it had me thinking, in a positive way, for days afterwards.

• Feb 06, 2010

Probably one of the best Aussie film of 2007!It's really a great story & what an adventure for these people landing on the beach with nothing else but a suitcase & the heart full of hope for the promised land! I loved it! Give it a shot really it's worthy!

• Jan 24, 2010

I guess this falls into the "dark comedy" genre. As it approaches the major issue of illegal boat-people and their desperation to enter Australia with a sense of humour. There are some great moments, and it is well-acted. Worth a look.

• Oct 18, 2009

A great film for Australians to watch -especially Aussies who have at least the vaguest interest in immigration to Australia.

• Jun 08, 2009

Really enjoyed this, not too serious but deeper themes seep up through the humour, very clever.

• Jan 29, 2009

It's funny, it's real. One thing you notice watching this movie is that there aren't any good looking, nice people in it. Yet by the time you finish the film, you are totally engaged in with the demeanor of every character. The clumsy interaction between the asylum seeking muslim engineer, the thai fisherman, and indonesian sailor is a real laugh. The cat & mouse chase involving the coast guard is quite entertaining, too. It's jut not that kind of movie you'd expect to come out of Hollywood.

• Jan 09, 2009

Everytime I think of, I still chuckle to the car scene ... classic! pure Gold!

Everytime I think of, I still chuckle to the car scene ... classic! pure Gold!

• Nov 12, 2008

anyone wants to understand about the background of multicultural Australia must watch this movie. full of original ideas and wry humour. love it. love it. love it (the Indonesian dialogues sound a bit mechanical though ...)

• Sep 17, 2008

this was just too cute!!!

this was just too cute!!!