Mad Max Reviews

• Mar 29, 2021

This movie was laughably bad. I'm surprised it ever got a sequel. It's full of terrible writing and gaping plot holes, especially the ending.

• Mar 16, 2021

Came into this film with high expectations based on what I had heard especially considering that this is said to be the great Mel Gibson's "breakout role." It's safe to say that I was not disappointed. Considering that I haven't seen many films from this era, I was shocked to learn that this film was considered to be of a "low budget." The practical effects were phenomenal (always prefer them over CGI), the tragedies that Max endured were not sudden and only occurred after satisfactory character development, and you genuinely felt sad for him at the end. Gibson's acting was believable and charismatic even way back when and I was invested in the story and borderline insane villains to the very end. Looking forward to seeing the sequel, it's said to be even better than it's predecessor!

• Mar 03, 2021

I'm sorry, this was a terrible movie. And the ending felt like it had been cut off in the middle of the film. So much left open ended that it made half of the movie feel irrelevant. I expected more from a film that so many claim is so great.

• Feb 21, 2021

Fast and the Furious, eat your heart out.

Fast and the Furious, eat your heart out.

• Feb 02, 2021

[----02/02/2021----]

[----02/02/2021----]

• Jan 14, 2021

Taking the sequels and their impact out of the picture, the original Mad Max is a very good movie. Honestly, I can't say it gets any better than that, because while it does have a cool and unique environment, it doesn't really have a memorable story or characters (not even with the titular Max).

• Jan 11, 2021

The original "Mad Max" has some cool moments, but the movie feels a bit chaotic and empty. The movie introduces an interesting world and has a solid ending sequence. Other than that I was somewhat bored by the movie and was surprised to learn it has a solid following. I adored "Fury Road" and am interested in checking out some of the original sequels. Overall, this movie has some impressive practical action but most of it feels a bit messy and I personally didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

• Jan 10, 2021

One of the greatest films ever made.

One of the greatest films ever made.

• Dec 06, 2020

this movie was whole new different concept of survival movie, maybe someone don't agree with that. But that's mean you are an idiot

• Dec 03, 2020

Blood and guts on the bogan highway. Nutter villains vs moody anti-hero who really has had enough...