Man of the House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man of the House Reviews

½ May 1, 2016
An embarrassingly bad movie, Man of The House is one of those deliveries that are suitable only for Saturday/Sunday morning showing on a family friendly TV channel. Dull, absurd and certainly far from being funny, this is a painful to watch comedy which better be avoided.

Tommy Lee Jones is the Texas Ranger Lt. Roland Sharp who is on an undercover mission as a cheerleading coach. When an important informant is killed and several cheerleaders from his team become witnesses, the scope of Lee's job changes as he has to protect them. This results in a chain of supposedly funny events following the fact that a conservative Texas Ranger should be taking care of several young, energetic students. Everything in Stephen Herek's movie is below the level of mediocrity and could be even considered offending for the average movie-goer. The story is absurd and filled with to so much stereotyping that in the end you may be totally bored, acting is poor as well and even though Tommy Lee Jones delivers his typical grumpy performance, this is not enough to make the movie even partially watchable.

In conclusion, even if you find yourself on a coach, scrolling through the TV channels with nothing to do (just like me) and see this movie being shown: just skip the channel.
October 8, 2015
A feel-good movie with Tommy Lee Jones acting as a father figure to five ditzy cheerleaders. Not his best effort.
September 30, 2015
This movie is so stupid it's funny.
July 7, 2015
Kinda predicable, silly, goofy, but you wont die if you waste one hour in it.
June 20, 2015
Good movie liked it could be better but overall good
½ June 4, 2015
I liked it! Think Jones was funny, the girls were cute and I have seen it several times.
April 24, 2015
They must have left a good script in the trash because this premise should have been a no brainer but instead it was written by a no brainer.
February 27, 2015
Liked looking at the girls. Tommy was great though.
January 7, 2015
Ridiculous and only faintly entertaining. Forgettable at best.
January 2, 2015
My parents love this movie...
January 2, 2015
My parents love this movie...
October 25, 2014
A sub par comedy that waists Tommy Lee Jones. A chuckle here and there but so blandly done that it just never amounts to anything worth seeing.
½ September 18, 2014
Bad, but not without some entertainment value.
½ September 6, 2014
I thought it was cute. Didn't have any expectations. Found myself laughing at the silly cheerleaders. I wouldn't buy it, must be a 5-star for me to buy it, but I seem to be watching it every time it's televised. Still laughing. Don't care what others say. If I like it, I like it, and I LIKE IT!
½ August 4, 2014
Not a Texas fan AT ALL, NO QUESTION!! However, this movie is so fun and entertaining I almost forget how much I don't like the Longhorns, almost. Who would have thought Jones' dry wit would be soo funny! It's a little cheesecake in the story itself but it really is just a two hour block of good comedy.
½ July 6, 2014
Unfunny, Southern setting (14) LIBRARY
½ June 29, 2014
Needs more Humor, an R rating and BEWBS
May 24, 2014
Only plus is the Texas Longhorns
April 10, 2014
1 star for the movie, 1 star for the babes.