Man on Wire Reviews

• May 19, 2019

Loved this movie!!!!

Loved this movie!!!!

• May 19, 2019

Let's be absolutely real. This is about an arrogant guy who wants to show off his talent in front of New York. He's amazing and great at it but is pretty cocky and ends up ditching his friends, cheating on woman who's supported him the whole time, and ultimately makes a documentary about the whole thing and its 10 minute of fame. Kiiiind of sad. Adding piano music and repeating the mantra of following your dreams don't necessarily make it amazing content.

• Feb 22, 2019

Quite simply the definitive 21st Century documentary. If you have even a passing interest in watching this film, please do yourself a favour and watch it. The story is unique and brilliantly told by one of the most charismatic people you'll ever meet. This documentary is simply stunning and joyous from start to finish. You'll leave feeling inspired

• Jul 23, 2017

I preferred to fast forward to the end instead of nodding off during this slow-moving film. A heist movie has intrigue and suspenseful pace, right? This doc dragged on about as slow as if I were trying to cross a tightrope. I've never attempted this trick, so I would be mighty slow. I was disappointed because the act itself was memorable and definitely amazing, especially since Director, Marsh aimed to tell a story that would bring an illuminating light on the Twin Towers. But, unfortunately, I have seen more captivating docs and I believe this one failed. I don't think it should have taken home an Oscar. I vote for Trouble the Water.

• Apr 11, 2017

Fascinating and exciting, this true story of an insane high wire walker has both substance and perspective, but it doesn't feel as immersive as it should be.

• Dec 29, 2016

Wow! An amazing story, and brilliantly told with reinactments and some actual photos of the group preparing for the walk between the towers. Cool to see them again, with some footage of their construction. The high wire acts are great, the interviews with the actual participants show the true emotions of these daredevils, even though Phillipe Petit cheated on his girlfriend almost immediately after the event. Watched on Netflix at home, December 29, 2016. NOTE: This was the last movie I watched in 2016, for a total of 100 for the year (goal met!). 3 year total, 287.

• Nov 05, 2016

It's hard to believe that something accomplished over 30 years from the filming of this documentary could hold one in suspense considering we know the result because the man in question is alive and talking to the camera. The lesson here, when you have an idea take out the video camera and film because someday you might have decent documentary footage decades later. The principles are honest and that makes this a fun adventure.

• Oct 05, 2016

This movie is a fantastic story of chasing dreams and following ambitions. It is a very well done documentary. A classic.

• Sep 21, 2016

people who put a zero really don't know film this beyond excellent in my opinion excellent and a beautiful film cinematography and acting