Mandy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mandy Reviews

September 23, 2018
This movie was amazing from start to finish. Everything from the cinematography to the sound score was so incredible. I normally don't like Nicholas Cage acting but he gave a great performance. Highly recommend everyone to go watch it.
September 23, 2018
Wow, it's like John Wick but on acid, crystal meth and bath salts, but in a good way :)
September 23, 2018
A Visually and aurally engaging descent into the depths of primeval STORY OF fear and revenge THAT IS AS OLD AS A CAVE PAINTING
½ September 23, 2018
Just watched this movie with my family, thought it was going to be awesome due to the reviews but it was awful. The biggest waste of time... I do not recommend at all. Very hard to follow and after watching the whole 2 hours it still makes no sense and it was possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen
September 22, 2018
Best movie I've seen in years. A hallucinogenic masterpiece you can't look away from. Artsy, crazy, violent, perfect.
½ September 22, 2018
It was gripping until it wasn't.
His revenge tour was too easy peasy & anti-climactic. Shoulda killed demons last right before Jeremiah. Ended up being a dud.
September 22, 2018
Stellar acting and visceral, it's exactly what I want to see on a Saturday night. Gorgeous and full of color and depth, style and grace...it's what movies should be. Thank you for making movies that move my soul.
September 22, 2018
The best I've seen since "Hobo with a Shotgun". Blood, violence, and LSD!
September 22, 2018
Wow! What a movie. Actually, it's like two different movies. One trippy drug induced hallucinatory journey, other others a high octane fuled revenge splatter grindhouse midnight movie.
½ September 22, 2018
I can't tell you that you will like this movie, but it's a movie that demands to be watched. There's really no point in trying to describe it beyond saying it's like a David Lynch movie with an Eli Roth rewrite. Just watch it. Decide for yourself. This movie transcends review.
½ September 22, 2018
This movie was all over the place. I felt like it was trying too hard. From the overacting, the visuals, lack of a cohesive plot. I do not recommend this movie.
Don't see this on acid
½ September 22, 2018
A complete P.O.S. Any professional critic rating this movie highly has their head completely up their ass. You can throw manure on a wall and call it high art. Stupid and banal is what this movie amounts to.
September 21, 2018
This was absolutely one of the worst movies I've ever seen. What was Nick Cage thinking in taking this role? Did Bruce Campbell turn it downfor another Evil Dead spinoff? Even that would have sucked. The 80's theme couldn't save this horrible waste of movie film. How did this get such high ratings? Just to get people like me to spend their hard earned money, or even worse, to lose 2 hours of my life that I can't get back waiting for something to equate to the trailer? WTF.
September 21, 2018
While the imagery is at times intriguing, it isn't enough to carry a film that drags at many points. It's another familiar vehicle for Nicolas Cage to serve as a crazed weirdo, which seems par for the course with his latest films. I likened it to a two-hour blacklight poster with some interesting scenery, but not a lot of depth or enthralling storyline.
½ September 21, 2018
A second triumph from Panos!
September 21, 2018
super boring. super slow. bad fight scenes. doesn't make sense. just an excuse for a a fake looking fight with a chain saw. crap. how do people rate this garbage so high? dumb dumb dumb. even Mother was a better student climate change religion propaganda film
September 21, 2018
Abysmal. Tried to be artistic but fell on it's face. Guess you have to be stoned to get through it. Cage is still Cage. A B movie movie actor.
½ September 21, 2018
I don't even know what I just watched. Beyond terrible.
RAGIN CAGE

It's something to see alright: the unbridled thespian explosion of Hollywood's unclosetted weirdo: Nicolas Cage.

Not to be confused with the sleepy seventies couch rock anthem by Barry Manilow, "Mandy" is in fact, a volcanic revenge movie bathed in various hues of blood. After being done wrong, Cage rages a one man war against a bizarre satanic sect. That's the plot. No need for anything else. It's all Cage, all the time. And it is glorious.

Sometimes it's best to keep things simple, and that, this is. We all know what's coming, and it's coming like a red hot locomotive careening off the tracks, crazy eyes bulging, teeth grinding to powder, heavy metal music melting, primal screams a howling. This may be Cage's greatest achievement since he left Las Vegas, in an over the top, b-movie, trippy, one dimensional, kinda way.

Nic is back, and everyone best stay clear.

- hipCRANK