Manticore Reviews

• May 26, 2016

2016-05-26 lots of gore, kind of illogical

2016-05-26 lots of gore, kind of illogical

• Feb 09, 2016

These Iraqi or Afghanistan monster films are generally terrible and this is no exception. Another stupid ass plot with a bunch of army people, it's always the army and their cookie cutter acting and attitude. One of them is killed off after another, as to be expected by this creature that's been summoned only to find out that his permanent demise is caused by the most simple way possible after the action that is required to freeze him. It's so rediculous and boring with annoying CGI. Pass, pass, pass.

• Aug 10, 2013

Not the worst SciFi film I had the displeasure of watching, but the plot is underwhelming and the CGI "Manticore" is also badly rendered. You should pass on this one.

• Jun 02, 2013

I bet when reed made this he was on a low budget. The special effects pretty much sucks for a movie that came out in 2005

• Aug 07, 2012

One of my very favourite SyFy channel movies! This monster ROCKS! The CGI it's done with may not be, what you call, good, but I can't help but love this creature! The movie has a fairly simple story idea of soldiers going into a town in Iraq where a beast has been unleashed and SoooOOooOOoo! Let the fun begin! The movie does rip-off some scenes directly from Aliens, especially towards the middle... but hey, SyFy original movies are rarely original, right? The acting for once is decent, with a some actors better than others, all in all, I was surprised! ... however, though a few characters are likeable, most are hollow and have zero development, which leaves you not caring what happens to alot of them, too bad really... I still liked Robert Beltran as the lead, Faran Tahir always makes a good villain, Jeff Fahey is always good, but my favourite would be Heather Donahue, her character isn't a great one of any kind, but I like her and in the end she was my favourite. The monster action is fairly simple, with quite a few shoot-outs... again the creature mostly and some running around, but it's quite fun in the end and gets better as it moves towards the (in my opinion) quite exciting climax! So all moving at good pace, with some violence here and there, fun action, good set-pieces and locations and above average perfomances for the most part, this is really the kind of movie I love watching... soliders going up against a single, fearsome and dangerous beast! I'm probably the ONLY person to like this movie so much, but I really think it's a fun SyFy channel movie!

• Jan 28, 2012

• Mar 08, 2010

Probably one of the worst movies ever. The guns were crap ( I think really low end airsoft at best), American troops rolling around in what looked like BTR-60s from Bulgarian Army surplus. Gas masks with no filters, soldiers using civy CB's, etc. Wow one call so a veteran would have saved them alot of embarrassment. Biggest piece of crap Ive ever seen and I like B movies. If I ever see one of the DVD's I'd be embarrassed to use it as a coffee coaster.

• Jan 04, 2010

• May 30, 2009

BAHAHAHAHA the sci fi channel produces yet ANOTHER classic.

BAHAHAHAHA the sci fi channel produces yet ANOTHER classic.

• Feb 21, 2009

If you like terrible movies with cliches, bad acting, bad special effects and a stupid ending, you're watching the right movie.