Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House Reviews

July 8, 2018
Solo Liam Neeson salva la funciòn.
June 24, 2018
Liam Neeson, commanding in his portrayal of the title character or otherwise known as Deep Throat of The Watergate scandal, is the source of pulsating intrigue and moral conflict in this arresting political drama depicting the longest-anonymous whistleblowing that rings down the curtain on the Nixon presidency.
June 22, 2018
I recommend the film despite some reservations about certain aspects of the production. It's somewhat plodding at times and mostly bleak in visuals and mood, but an important historical take on one man's crucial role in keeping US democracy from collapsing into severe corruption and authoritarian rule during the Nixon era. Without Mark Felt, it's quite possible the entire Watergate scandal would have faded without serious repercussions including Nixon's resignation. Felt comes across as a loyal FBI higher-up, just below Hoover prior to Hoover's death, who participated in some unsavory FBI activities but saw the agency's independence as essential to maintaining the rule of law and controlling excesses of power in the executive branch. What he chose to do made all the difference in bringing Nixon and his cohorts to justice. Performances by Liam Neeson and Diane Lane are excellent; others in the cast are not as exemplary. The cinematography is quite good at establishing a dark, somber mood to this thoughtful drama.
May 11, 2018
I found this movie fascinating. It filled in a few holes in my knowledge of the subject. Sorry to see it hasn't gotten better ratings; and I can only assume that perhaps it was my knowledge of the subject matter that made it so interesting to me. I can see how people who have little knowledge of the subject might have gotten confused.
May 1, 2018
Fair to say, my enjoyment of this was enhanced quite a bit by my large fandom of All the President's Men. Obviously this filled in some important blanks. On post-viewing reflection, there were a few problems but dammit, I enjoyed it a lot. 7.9 out of 10
½ April 12, 2018
This was a so-so movie not very exciting , kind-a drags around a lot , one of those movies you will only watch once
½ April 5, 2018
The personal life part of the movie was a little much. I know they had to make him seem more like a family man to appeal to a greater audience, but it might've been overdone. Still, they did a decent job educating people on how corruption works (unearned jobs, replacements, conflicts of interests, silencing/intimidating people...etc.).
½ April 2, 2018
Liam Neeson outstanding,as a chefs of FBI . Political world is always dirty and lots of lies. Good and empowering
March 9, 2018
SI CE N'EST PROBABLEMENT PAS LE MEILLEUR FILM SUR LE SUJET, LIAM NEESON PARVIENT À CONVAINCRE DANS LE RÔLE DE DE L'INFORMATEUR DU CÉLÈBRE SCANDALE DU WATERGATE. UN FILM POUR QUI DEVRAIT ESSENTIELLEMENT PLAIRE AUX AMATEURS DE POLITIQUE.
½ March 3, 2018
Liam Nesson should make more movies like this. He is a great actor and "Mark Felt" values his qualities more than his recent action films.
½ February 18, 2018
was curious about the story. but this movie was super boring and i couldn't even follow it sometimes. i think you might need to have some knowledge on the subject to understand everything in the movie. if that's the case, that's not a good thing. (1 viewing)
February 16, 2018
This could have been a great movie, but it wasn't.
Also, Liam Neeson's acting is an abomination.
Furt.
January 30, 2018
Maybe I've just seen too many other movies about Watergate but this one just never took off for me. The acting and overall production is fine but the overall film lacks an energy that should be pulsating from something about real life political corruption at the highest level.
January 26, 2018
I found the movie slow and hard to follow at times. It was ok.
January 21, 2018
I thought this was fascinating - even though I knew the story - and in this day and age it is essential viewing. What would Mark Felt make of the state of the FBI and the presidency today and the firing of James Comey? That is not addressed in this period piece but the overhanging similarities of the two events is undeniable. My conclusion after seeing this is the only difference between the two eras is that Nixon - that cipher - at least had the experience and knowledge and cajones to manipulate the levers of power to his advantage. Trump is just to dopey to hide his obstruction. And yet in 1972 - as now - the public voted for him anyway. Time will tell if the presidencies end the same, but it makes me wonder even more what the lives of Mueller and his team are like now. Oh yeah, and Neeson actually surprised me a bit at how good he was as Felt. It's not another lovable yet lazy Neeson "Taken" clone performance. Deserves to be more widely seen.
January 14, 2018
Excellent docudrama and review of another crazy political time. So timely given recent events in US. Makes me wonder who the next deep throat will be?
½ January 12, 2018
This isn't an entertaining movie, it's more like kinda of documental
January 7, 2018
After watching 'All the President's Men' it was interesting to see a different prospective. A brilliant film. Those who don't understand it should watch All the President's Men first.
½ January 4, 2018
Liam Neeson is fine in the role of Mark Felt, and the subject matter itself is deeply intriguing, but is dealt with in such an odd way. Bad odd. It is essentially a sequence of disparate scenes with no connective tissue other than that they are about the same conspiracy, which unfolds very quickly in a straight line with no consequences felt... Felt... Ohhh. I see what I did there.

Maybe for a diehard political biopic fan this could be the way to go, or someone who wasn't aware Watergate ever happened and wanted some hard and fast facts, but for me, it was only okay.
December 29, 2017
Prea procedural, Neeson e bun, restul asa si asa