Mean Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mean Girls Reviews

December 10, 2017
After thirteen years, Fey's screenplay holds up exceptionally well.
December 9, 2017
Mean Girls is the epitome of the high school experience. The movie - while offering a highly comical rendition of the classic, ever-relatable, high school comedy by comparing the shared experience of the animal kingdom hierarchy in the wild to the daily life of high school students - it also has a strong inspired message behind it.
The movie opens with mathematically talented, sixteen-year-old Cady Heron [Lindsay Lohan] starting her first day of public school after been homeschooled in Africa for the last twelve years. As expected she is awkward and ends up finding friends in two of the school's misfits, Janis Ian [Lizzy Caplan] and Damian [Daniel Franzese]. They proceed to explain exactly what cliques the school has, as they declare themselves "The coolest people you will ever meet". They label "The Plastics" as the worst. "The Plastics" is a group that consists of three of the most popular girls in school led by Regina George [Rachel McAdams] with Gretchen Wieners [Lacey Chabert] and Karen Smith [Amanda Seyfried] as her minions. Not long after this, Cady is approached by "The Plastics" with Regina inviting her to join them for lunch the rest of the week. The next day Gretchen and Karen explain the rules of being "Plastic", only wearing your hair in a ponytail once a week, wearing pink on Wednesday and, most importantly, no dating anyone's ex. Which is great because guess who Cady's love interest is? That's right, Regina's ex-boyfriend, Aaron Samuels [Jonathan Bennett]. After school that day they take Cady to Regina's house afterward where they reveal a scrapbook called "The Burn Book" where "The Plastics" take pictures of the other girls in their grade and write horrible things about them. Regina discovers this information, she takes Aaron back and starts rubbing it in Cady's face which in turn starts a war with Cady, Janis, and Damian against "The Plastics".
Because Cady grew up in Africa, throughout the movie she refers to the two different worlds that are constantly colliding in her mind, "Animal World" and "Girl World". "Animal World" gives in to our most instinctive impulses of attacking and destroying any threat in our way, while "Girl World" is all about manipulating and dismantling the structure of another person success without them even knowing it until they are already falling. A specific moment that animates this moment perfectly is after Cady admits that she has feelings for The moment I'm talking about in particular is when she actively taunting Cady with Aaron in the cafeteria. There is a moment when Cady explains how this would be taken care of in "Animal world" in her head by jumping over the table and attacking Regina in a kill or be killed moment. Then it goes back to that moment and she just agrees with Regina while plotting her next move to sabotage their relationship.
This scene is great not only because we get to see Lohan jump over a table to attack McAdams on film but because it actively pits the "Animal World" against what they call "Girl World".  Being a female myself for my entire life I can definitely agree that some girls act and treat others as if they are completely superior in every way and if they see you as a threat they will take you down faster than a cheetah takes down a gazelle. What I think is more insane is that this kind of manipulative "Girl World" mentality is still alive and well in school today in high schools around the world today.
However, I'd have to say that the most important part of this movie is just after the burn book is made public and everybody is animal fighting with one another and the principal calls everyone into the gym and they show that everybody has been bullied and treated terribly, not just by "The Plastics" but also by friends and other girls in the school. The movie disguises itself as a shallow teen comedy, but there is a clear and wonderful message about being true to yourself and loving who you are. After you watch this movie it will make you realize that this is the kind of world we live in and you'll want to try even harder to be comfortable in your own skin.
December 9, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Aún si estás cansado(a) de ver películas de adolescentes con las mismas temáticas y estereotipos sociales de ese género, Mean Girls puede resultar divertida, sexi y entretenida.
½ December 2, 2017
Really. An 83%. Okay, I get that a lot of people like this movie..but I f---n hate it. Okay, so you may say "Well, your not a girl, so it just isn't good to you." While I am not a girl, guys still like this movie, so I can hate it fairly. OK, so the plot of this movie is that a girl named Caty moves back to america after living twelve years of year life in Africa. Okay, my problem with this is that a lot of humor comes from "What animals would do in this scenario." And it wasn't funny the first time. A lot of humor comes from slut and whore jokes, which honestly aren't very funny either. Well, maybe the first time, but not when it spams them 30 words a second. Also, its hard to be invested in the story when the whole movie is boob as sex and whore jokes. The only one that was funny was the MC at the talent show. The good thing about this movie. Some good actors got their start in it. Other than that, skip it if you can.
November 14, 2017
one of my favorites!
November 14, 2017
This movie was directed by Mark Waters and shown it in 2005 in America. This is kind of comedy movie about girls world that became original of " why do girls hurt each other?" which was written by Rosaline Wiseman. Also, the actress who play main character was awarded .

When the story began, I felt it is fun because there were some scenes I was laughed by crazy characters from an early stage. So you will be also able to enjoy from starts.

MEAN GIRLS are three girls in this story. They were called "plastic girls" because they were enjoying speaking ill of their friends so their relationships were easy to break like plastics. One day,a girl who lived in Africa entered a university in urban area. She had never been to school until enter university because she studied as home teaching. For her, school life was for the first time. That's why, she was always confused and she was out of the circles of classmates. But fortunately, she became close with two of the class mates and learned many rules of that school. So she was getting enjoy school life, however, she was liked plastic girls and badly affected by them. They spoke ill each other in the shade, put the blame on somebody and so on. However, as the movie is coming to an end, they noticed what the importance in communicating with friends.

Watching this movie, I was made to think again about how I communicate with my friends. In the middle of the movie, girls hurt each other, for example, didn't say real things or battled to get a man to be as a boyfriend. Some parts were too crazy to happen in reality but some parts were really familiar to us and girls may sympathize with them. In addition, at the end of the movie, girls changed because of what a teacher did. So you will be able to not only enjoy but also learn what we should do to keep good relationships.

"MEAN GIRLS" give us some valuable messages, and they will change you better.
If you are interested in this, you should watch it!
October 29, 2017
A funny and exaggerated high school movie.
½ October 13, 2017
I was told this was a comedy.

I was told I would laugh.

Waiting...

Waiting.....

Waiting.........
September 30, 2017
haha idc if it's a chick flick it's hilarious
September 26, 2017
viewed on 10/7/04 (Sat)

Ok. I have to confess. I am very skeptical about this movie. I did not even bother to put that on my must-see list. I mean I have seen Clueless, Sugar & Spice, Never Been Kissed etc. Can this new member of the genre reinvent itself? Well... but it turns out to be very good. I mean I really go in feeling not so excited but then later I was actually glued to the story. The story is not entirely refreshing but it is very smart and funny and honest. Above all, I like that it is actually rather 'educational' to those stuck girls who think they are pretty so everyone else is dumb.

Rating: A-
September 24, 2017
Great funny very dramatic because no duh, it's a high school teen movie starring Linsey Lohan, Amanda seyfried or however you spell her last name and some other people. When I first went to high school I thought it would be just like this movie but it's not, not in any way, just nerds and nothing but nerds, I'm a nerd, too. It's funny to watch this when your in high school or above so you can compare to see if it was that dramatic.
September 17, 2017
A fun ride, pitch perfect casting, a remembrance of the seemingly unlimited potential of Lindsey Lohan
½ September 13, 2017
I never thought I'd say this, but I loved practicly every minute of this film!
Kinda like Clueless and a John Hughs film! Plus LIZZY CAPLAN AS THE EMO CHICK!!!
90% "A", love the Donna's cover of the end credits song!!!
September 4, 2017
Mean girls focuses on a young teen and the new side of drama she lives with in two lives. Funny, Predictable, but so unpredictable. Loved it and always will!
September 2, 2017
Why the flippity flap paddy wap don't more people like this hilarious classic?
September 2, 2017
Such a funny movie I all ways laugh when I watch this movie.
August 31, 2017
it was great very true girls are all mean boys #1 don't get a girl get a dirt bike this movie shows why brapppppp.
August 7, 2017
The film's title makes it seem silly and not really meant for the male audience. While at moments both of those details are accurate, the movie makes up for it since it's so consistently funny. I admittedly enjoyed the sharp writing and sassy storyline. This film is considered a classic nowadays and recently reached its 10th anniversary. The fact that it's still so enjoyable and in some strange ways, occasionally relatable, I have to admit, I kind of liked it. It has grown on me upon multiple viewings and I feel it might be one of the most quotable movies ever made. It isn't meant to be taken seriously and it is a hilarious blast from start to finish.
July 26, 2017
It's funny and fun to watch but I don't get what the hype is all about...