Merry Kissmas Reviews

• Dec 09, 2018

In this film, one of the first themes we are presented with is the ongoing sexual harassment of the lead male character in an elevator by an older lady, to which he only laments that the women who are interested in him are always old enough to be his grandmother. Then, one magical day, he is forcibly kissed by the young female lead character in the same elevator. Off he runs to tell his cousin and when asked if it was the old lady, he replies: "No, it was a REAL woman." Umm. So being old takes away your status of being a woman? Seriously? How did this horrid statement make it into the script??? I don't know when or if we will ever get to the point where sexual harassment of any gender is not depicted as some kind of comical interlude or if people will stop being openly hateful towards those who are older. Men can be sexually harassed and unabashed ageism is repulsive. Perhaps one day, in 20 years, we will look back on archaic films such as this and shake our heads in horror the way we now do with inappropriate themes from the 70s or 80s.

• Dec 26, 2017

Romantic comedies are the biggest threat to real fil making, and this piece of junk, is the best example. Improbable plot, a screenplay that could have been written by a teanage girl, and C class acting, put together to build this ad nauseam thing.

• Dec 22, 2017

Another romantic Christmas drama, this time featuring a woman who in her haste to get away from a busybody in her hometown, jumps into an elevator and immediately starts kissing the young man already in it. Yes, there was mistletoe in the elevator, but she didn't know that. Turns out that young man is the caterer for what was supposed to be her engagement party with that ex-fiance, and the two hit it off. She ping pongs between the two men, making a decision at the end. Corny fluff, but I really liked Karissa Lee Staples in the lead role.

• Feb 20, 2017

A Christmas rom-com for those in the market for an easy to watch holiday movie.

A Christmas rom-com for those in the market for an easy to watch holiday movie.

• Dec 19, 2016

An alright movie. Not a lot of Christmas in it.

An alright movie. Not a lot of Christmas in it.

• Dec 03, 2016

All the Hallmark movies are kitschy and cliched, but some of them are fun and heartwarming, especially around the holidays. This one was in the bottom 1/3 of the Hallmark movies and not very Christmasy in spite of the name.

• Dec 05, 2015

Cheesy Christmas movie that goes exactly as you expect - with fine acting and a nice bow-tied ending