Miami Vice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miami Vice Reviews

July 17, 2016
Miami Vice is dull, boring, and just plain out absurd.
June 30, 2016
I don't know why this movie receives such bad reviews. The cinematography is outstanding. The plot is very sound and the music is fantastic. Lots of action but the love story between Gong Li and Colin Farrell is another dimension. I wish there was a sequel.
June 30, 2016
For a reboot (remake) this film shows just as much style and energy as the original. There's no real resolution to it (maybe it was intended to start a franchise?) but it blew the doors off everything else that was out that year. the one thing that's missing is that it's not a buddy movie. There's too much plot and too much squinting for that. Still, it's a great way to kill a Saturday afternoon.
½ June 30, 2016
La plus grande qualite de l'adaptation de Miami Vice par son producteur executif Michael Mann est aussi son plus gros defaut : le rapport ambigu qu'elle a avec le materiau original. En effet, si la relation entre les membres de l'equipe sont totalement laisses a l'abandon, le film parvient a s'affranchir de la serie tout en gardant le ton des dernieres saisons de celle-ci. En effet, tout est noir dans ce Miami Vice et Sonny Crockett gagne en epaisseur. Si Colin Farrell n'arrive pas a la cheville de Don Johnson, il livre une performance admirable dans un role quasi-muet (a l'image du film). Les rares scenes d'action sont d'une violence seche et efficace et la gestion de la bande-son est, comme d'habitude chez Mann, adequate. Il a beau etre un de ses moins bons films, Miami Vice reste un thriller assez original pour etre souligne.
June 30, 2016
Director's Cut is much better edited. This should've been the theatrical cut.
Nonetheless, a flawed film due to two stars with major issues, hurricanes, and last minute rewrites.
½ June 26, 2016
I'm not sure I can review this movie as my daily dialogue consists of more than three syllable sentences.  Ah, what the hell, I'll try!  This sucks.  Don't see it.
June 8, 2016
Um dos filmes mais subestimados de Michael Mann
½ June 7, 2016
A depressing, and dull movie. Although this movie has gorgeous cinematography, it is unfortunately a disappointment from Michael Mann. C-
½ April 26, 2016
Kind of a letdown for a Michael Mann film. I expected much more story development and this thing dragged as it is and was over 2 hours. Farrell and Foxx lacked the charisma as leads in this compared to the original MV. The only thing I really liked about Miami Vice and was cinematography. It is beautifully shot, as most Michael Mann films are
March 21, 2016
Ação adaptada da série de TV homônima exibida em 1980, produzido por Michael Mann e Pieter Jan Brugge com roteiro e direção do propio Mann que ridiculamente tenta inflar um episódio de seu programa de TV dos anos 80 em uma balada de longa-metragem de tédio disfarçado com luxúria e uma desastrosa intimidação ao trafico de drogas. O filme é estrelado Jamie Foxx como Tubbs e Colin Farrell como Crockett, bem como atriz chinesa Gong Li como Isabella, os atores ficam perdidos em meio a uma narração tumultuada pelo excesso de nada.
½ March 14, 2016
This movie should be a comedy bc it's a joke. Nothing but dudes tryna look cool banging nasty hoes not knowing what's going on the whole time . ... Same facial expressions the whole time and a staring contest smfh great acting let me tell ya and Colin's stoosh lmao .Should be called the eye job..... The action is all in the eyes !
½ February 17, 2016
A pretty strong story with a great backbone, Miami looking great, plot works well and a fantastic cast to complement the film.
February 14, 2016
This movie from the start was inconsistent. I will start with the technical aspects. The edding and lighting ranges from mediocre to poor with notable cutshots to everything being too dark to see anything. The Sound design is not good. it also ranges from mediocre to poor were the dialogue is so low that you are not able to keep up with the film. the Music is so mind numbingly annoying and boring that it feels like needles digging into your ears. Now to the Plot. this movie lacks a clear antagonist. when you mix Chinese, Russian, and Mexican Criminals you become confused as to who the antagonist is which makes the plot hard to follow. also pertaining to the Antagonist you don't know there intentions is which makes the plot also hard to follow. Now for the acting. the acting is the worst acting I have seen. everyone had a stone face if not a stone face they cussed in ways that didn't make since. Speaking about cussing this is the weakest R raided movie I have ever seen. Very close to being pg 13. the graphic scenes were so out of place it seems like they didn't know what to do with them. Overall this movie is bad, its boring, please skip it!
½ February 14, 2016
Scarsino. Il punto debole del film è sicuramente il ritmo, che in più punti risulta molto lento. Tuttavia la trama è carina e le (rare) scene d'azione mi sono piaciute.
Certamente da Michael Mann mi sarei aspettato qualcosa di più. La performance di Jamie Foxx mi è parsa migliore rispetto a quella di Colin Farrell.
January 24, 2016
I loved the to show. Just putting that out there. The movie had lots of feel and look of it also. Speedboats, fast cars and other aspects. It looks a,aging, the direction is superb, it's shot well. The score is superb also as Miami Vice should be. If you were a casual viewer of this movie and not a fan of the show you may get confused as to who Crocket and Tubbs are. They are vice cops undercover for the record. My biggest problem with this movie is its lack of character development. The humour and buddy aspect between the two main characters is lacking. It's like they hardly know each other. In the TV series they have a great relationship that never gets explored here. So it's Got everything apart from its heart and soul. That is never a good thing in a movie. I weirdly enough enjoyed the two hours it was on for the look and feel and probably nostalgia. It didn't stray very far from its source material. I Would also love a shot in that speedboat f I'm honest. But the movie left me feeling that something was missing.
½ January 4, 2016
1/4/2015: Meh. A great cast, but generally disappointing.
½ November 28, 2015
What a disappointment.
October 23, 2015
A second viewing should be required for every Michael Mann film before you're allowed to make a final verdict. So far a second viewing has done me wonders on two Michael Mann films. The first being Blackhat, which I hated after my first watch and now Miami Vice, which I liked after my first watch but not that much. Now I really enjoy both Blackhat and Miami Vice.

Miami Vice has got to be one of the coolest movies ever made. Everything is so slick, from the two leads to the outstanding visuals. Even Colin Farrell's mustache is cool as fuck. Seriously though, you could watch this movie on mute and still be impressed by the film because of how great the movie looks. Even if you don't like the content in Mann's films, you cannot deny that each of his films looks incredible.

The action might be scarce, but when it hits it hits real hard. That's one of the things I love about Michael Mann, regardless of how long or short one of his action sequences might be; they are all flawless and filmed with precision. The final showdown at the docks is fucking epic and so well done.

If there's a Michael Mann film you don't like, I implore you to give it another try. A re-watch can be a beautiful thing. Hell, I recently watched all of Michael Mann's filmography within the past few months. There are still a few of his films, that I will be giving another try within the next few months. I won't be surprised if on end up loving Miami Vice after a third watch (ordered the Blu-Ray last night).

Also, it's one of my goals in life to have a mustache like Colin Farrell had in this film. It's legendary.
September 7, 2015
Solid caper without overblown spectacle.
August 17, 2015
Most certainly too indulgent with itself and far too long, I still enjoyed Mann playing even more with his Digital camera and fantastic sound work.