Midsommar Reviews

• 3h ago

Fairly incomprehensible. The four "grad" students appear to be the most clueless college graduates outside a comedy. 4 men and a woman travel to Sweden and then take a 4 hour car ride and immediately take unknown psychedelic drugs. Because everyone is taking them. Really? The premise is a secretive pagan cult that engages in public suicide and murder. In Sweden. Really?

• 4d ago

This movies vibe is very weird and unique but I ended up really enjoying it! The ending was amazing and the actors did a great job! The cinematography was just incredible! If you like gory disturbing horror movies I def it recommend this one!

• 5d ago

One of the best modern horror films of the last few years, primarily because it treads a strand of horror so rarely visited these days.

• 5d ago

i can understand people who didn't enjoy it but let's try to make a step back. Let's start with Florence Pugh: her performance is astonishing. Now let's talk about the movie: you can't call it an horror movie but more a pshycological thriller, and Ari Aster, presenting the situation the way it is, succeeds in creating in u the greatest feel of discomfort. You might not like it, but the cinematography and the great director choices are absolutely unquestionable

• Nov 21, 2020

I watched it to the end because I found it an endearing story... but I have to admit It gave you a little too much time to anylyse what there WAS to anylyse. It was pretty straight foward. Not really any big suprises. A lot of things were glossed over. So many heinous things happen that must have been in plain sight It was dumb that the charaters didn't notice them or question things more. The more I think about it The more I think that 3 stars might be a little generous. The overlong scenes of contant crying or moaning or chanting did not sence chills up my spine, or make me uncomfortable, or creep me out... It was just annoying. I could go on, but heres the skinny on it... Did you like the wickerman? Did you like heredetory? Do you like the idea of the only thing keeping characters there is that there are knowingly drugs in all the food, and no form of transport out in the middle of nowhere, Yes? Well the fact that no characters thought it was a good idea to just walk away from this place was mind blowing.

• Nov 17, 2020

'Midsommar' is a terrific horror film with a magnificent performance by Florence Pugh, outstanding cinematography, horrifying and difficult to watch moments, an intelligent script and a remarkable direction by Ari Aster - that uses masterfully the symbolisms, the open field and that makes you feel tense, tired, horrified, scared, unsettled and confuse. 5/5 - 10/10

• Nov 16, 2020

That this movie has a nearly divided audience reception is no surprise to me. 'Midsommar' is no doubt a film you will either love or hate, appreciate or not, understand or not understand. That being said, by the end I came away impressed by the whole experience. The juxtaposition of the bright, paradise-like cinematography and dark, macabre content was fascinating. Did it scare me? Not at all. Did it intrigue me and keep me hooked? Very much so. It's a very entrancing experience about a pagan cult. I never felt bored while watching it cause I was consistently ready for anything and everything that could be bizarre and unsettling to be thrown at me. My rating is based on the fact that even though I didn't LOVE the movie, I also don't have any glaring complaints. I recommend 'Midsommar' not necessarily as a ringing endorsement of entertainment, but rather as an experience and observation of groups like this that more than likely exist today, or have existed in the past. It's a unique film for sure.

• Nov 12, 2020

For the directing and impeccably crafted suspense alone Midsommar deserves credit, but the film does start to lose its way a little down the road, perhaps due to some underdeveloped characterisation and narrative ambiguity/slowness.

• Nov 11, 2020

Perfect horror-thriller!

Perfect horror-thriller!

• Nov 08, 2020

I'd rather watch grass grow.

I'd rather watch grass grow.