Miracle Reviews

• Jul 22, 2019

There's a primal affinity I have for good, earnest sports movies, capturing a group of humans coming together to complete a goal, & Miracle certainly has that. The team running laps is an intense example of pushing characters & the audience to the brink. However, there's also a lack of focus; we spend the runtime getting to know this ragtag group, & when the film begins pushing the political import, it's already too late. SIDE NOTE: Is this the most bland collection of white boys in the history of cinema?

• May 17, 2019

One of the top sports films to date. Kurt Russell is an amazing Coach Brooks. The writing for this movie is incredibly well done. Even knowing all the events that took place before seeing the film, I found myself wrapped up in the movie. Jumping for joy when the ending takes place.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best inspiring sports movie ever made!

The best inspiring sports movie ever made!

• Feb 01, 2019

Miracle is a film that portrays one of the greatest moments (if not the greatest) in sports history and along with portraying the time it took place (where America seemed to be at it's worst), both are portrayed fairly well. Sure there are little things that have been changed or fictionalized, but with Disney's name on it, you come to expect that sort of thing. Other than that, the performances are good, with Kurt Russell really getting into the part of Herb Brooks and it was a genius move to get hockey players to play the parts of Team USA and their opponents going on the hunch that teaching hockey players to act would be easier than teaching actors on how to play hockey and that helps make the hockey playing look authentic. Overall, Miracle can be used as an educational tool and also be viewed as an emotional heartfelt movie that will get anyone pumped while watching the U.S. v.s. Soviet Union hockey game of 1980.

• Jan 21, 2019

A movie that talks best about a very amazing win in American Sports History, if not International Sports History!

• Jan 06, 2019

A miracle of a movie

A miracle of a movie

• Nov 27, 2018

Not a hockey fan but this one was pretty good as far as sports films go. Interesting to see how teams for Olympics used to be picked vs. nowadays where I think they train children from like 5years old to compete. A true underdog story with a lot of heart and tough coaching. My husband complained that it was a crappier Might Ducks lol but I dont think so-this one is based on a true story and realistic. Reminded me of journeys that I went on in my own life that were hard. My one complaint is that it was a long film and tended to drag a bit towards the end, esp with it being kinda formulaic.

• Nov 16, 2018

While 'Miracle' enters familiar sports film territory, the uncanny performance by Kurt Russell and the passionate effort of young athletes turned actors makes the true events of the U.S. hockey team's uplifting run in the Winter Olympics a thrilling watch.

• Sep 04, 2018

safe hands that does bold deeds.. Miracle Miracle is a character driven biographical sport drama about a newly assigned coach whose quirky methods is the only chance of winning the 1980 US Olympic Hockey. The methods and the procedure that it follows on preparing for the competition may be familiar and has few seen-this-seen-that conflicts along with that. But this is where O'Connor comes in, his sweat drop precision on pulling off such a detailed heist is what fuels this more than two hours of hectic journey. His way of drawing out the emotions from the audience isn't manipulative at all, at least not at the compromise of the storytelling. His world isn't busy, but is mellow and eschews the well bred characters and allows the audience to breathe it in. It may be short on technical aspects like background score, cinematography and editing but its sharp sound effects along with its attentive camera work that has palpable surrounding, offers the audience the experience of playing on the field. The high pitched dramatic sequences are electrifying as it normally does to the audience, in such genres. At the end of the line, it's all in Russell's hand, his safe hands that does bold deeds, is what keeps the audience rooting for these games. Unfortunately, not only the side characters are undercooked but also one-dimensional. The inspirational speech, layered monologues, nail-biting games and Russell's portrayal as a stubborn coach are the high points of the feature. Guggenheim's adaptation is of wider range and to account in all these episodes is the work of O'Connor's fine execution skills. Each act in here is reverential and yet is brimmed with equal crispiness. Miracle is an important feature for the society and the political perspective of it that inspires people, but more importantly shows some promising content on weaving the craft out of such an event.

• Aug 05, 2018

Though it tells a familiar story, Miracle builds great suspense through stellar editing and has amazing performances. Good for kids AND adults, and truly uplifting and inspiring.