The Misfits Reviews

• Jan 13, 2020

I love this movie in my opinion this is one of the best Marilyn Monroe movies. I would say that this one has to be my fave of hers almost emotional movie and you just have empathy for these characters and can relate to them. All star cast and I think that they all worked well together give this movie a watch I think it is worth the watch. Interesting movie that kept my attention I have seen this movie a few times and would watch this movie again well acted.

• Dec 16, 2019

I am really disappointed with all of the star power in this, but when it's the last movie of Gable and Monroe and supposedly dealing with Monroe is what killed Gable. Also, Clift was already in trouble after his car accident. I'm trying to stick it out though.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best movie score ever composed!

The best movie score ever composed!

• Sep 03, 2018

The performances here almost over shadow the great script which leaves plenty of space for Gable, Clift and Monroe. The three of them someone how blend three completely contrasting --especially Clift-- styles of acting into a cohesive whole. The action with the horses, trying to make a living against ever shrinking opportunities, on reflects the inner turmoil of these cowboys whose time has come and gone. Just as a side note, one has to wonder if it's just a coincidence of casting that actors' roles in the film reflect their off screen realities: Gable the faded lead struggling to make sense a changing world, Monroe the strange, trouble sex symbol, Clift, odd even amongst the misfits.

• Mar 13, 2018

People running, horses running. Everyone's running from something.

People running, horses running. Everyone's running from something.

• Mar 11, 2018

this is a strange but interesting film. It held my attention the whole way through and I was interested to see what would happen next. It's a film that belongs in a different time but I still liked it nonetheless

• Feb 10, 2018

There's too much to discuss in this extremely layered film from Huston, from its extensive landscape, both literally and figuratively in characters to Miller's poetic script and Monroe's heartbreaking performance. There are scenes in here that feel completely unlike anything that has ever been done in cinema at this time.

• Aug 06, 2017

'The Misfits' bears admirably well its name - being odd, it doesn't fit with anything that could have been expected, and like the unfitting puzzle pieces shown in the opening credit, Clift, Monroe, Gable, Wallach and Ritter all form odd characters, misfits, who somehow are all, if not mad, completely out-of-track. Their odd lives, encounter and relationship are at the heart of Huston's film, which is - by shortly capturing in black and white the instantaneous faces of its unfortunate three stars - somehow timeless and somehow tragic, since it takes a particular resonance. Honestly, I just don't know what rating would fit 'The Misfits'; all I know is that its portrayal of its broken characters by broken actors is overwhelming.

• May 20, 2017

Was it REALLY that good?....

Was it REALLY that good?....

• May 14, 2016

Realistic drama of four friends coping with their personal demons. As the square peg in a round hole, Marilyn holds it all together. Wonderfully, she is rarely off the screen.