Mission: Impossible Reviews

• 15h ago

It is absolutely brilliant and thrilling during its action set pieces but other than those, you are left with a confusing and nonsensical story. There still is fun to be had here though.

• 23h ago

Main OST lendária, uma cena em especifico que se tornou um dos símbolos da franquia e, seriously, ver o Tom Cruise ainda inexperiente é muito divertido!

• 4d ago

Inarguably the classiest, most deceptive and downright creepiest of the Mission Impossibles. Watching Ethan Hunt unravel and then gain control is a tour de force performance and the smooth old Hollywood spycraft with its split diopters and German expressionist angles is blended with the action chops of a helicopter chase through a train tunnel to spectacular effect. While the new Mission Impossible films are a perfect pinnacle of what action films could/should be now, DePalma's Mission Impossible was something unique when it was released, something special. That scene at Liverpool Street where Ethan sits opposite his villain and figures his plan while placating him with lip service is a dynamite moment. It's intriguing, technically savvy and with great actors, stunts and effects. Mission 1 set the standard and it still holds up. Impossible Mission: The Langley heist is clear with a simple transaction in one stimulating location with a good ensemble effort. Likely due to the lack of audio, it's a tense, fun and memorable mission.

• Feb 08, 2020

The first one of these movies was great. Tom Cruise does a fantastic job as Ethan Hunt. Hunt is a determined and intelligent agent who never backs down. That's what makes him cool. The rest of the cast did a fantastic job as well. The plot to the movie was pretty suspenseful and it got better throughout. The stunts in this movie were pretty cool. This is a movie for everyone. You'll enjoy it.

• Jan 12, 2020

The foundation from which modern action classics were born - and the heist sequence is still among the best things in the franchise. Nearly 25 years later it still holds up - and is a fascinating glimpse into how technology has changed!

• Jan 08, 2020

Iconic, exciting and self aware, Mission: Impossible is the action spy movie of all action spy movies. Provided you know what to expect going in, you won't be disappointed.

• Dec 23, 2019

Start of something awesome a must see

Start of something awesome a must see

• Dec 10, 2019

I have never seen a second of the original TV show in my life, I didn't even know that there was a TV show existed when I first saw this movie, but I was still able to enjoy it for what it is, a great big spy action summer blockbuster. Tom Cruise was made for these types of movies, he is really good at stunts and convinces the audience with literally everything that he does, he does not disappoint in this film at all, and it's kind of even surprised how well he did actually. I really like Jon Voight and think that he is a very seasoned veteran actor, he was also great in this movie, but he wasn't in it that much and he turned out to be the bad guy so, I was mixed with him in this one. We also didn't learn much, if anything about his character and his motivations are a little weak because he just says what they are, I needed more of a development of his character for me to buy into his plan, and I would've liked to have actually seen what evil things he did to be warranted as a bad guy. The plot is the most complicated and hard to follow plot that I have ever seen, I never was able to figure out all of it and I just gave up and as a result, I get bored for a while in the second act, I kind of think that a plot this intricate and complex was unnecessary and sort of convoluted, but that might just be me. I loved seeing Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt being a man on the run, he was paranoid and the tension was excellent, I never knew if he was going to be found or get caught and I found myself always worrying about that, I enjoyed his character piecing together the puzzle in his mind and seeing how he interprets it, it was a well fleshed out and thoroughly explored character that makes us root for him in every situation. The scene with the rope hanging in the computer room is iconic and masterful, you got a very realistic look at how it was pulled off, and it is so stressful and intense that you could actually start sweating yourself, I love that sequence and thin that De Palma really nailed the silent espionage scene very well. I think that this is a fun movie to watch with a great protagonist and a well-acted antagonist that has amazing tension and suspense, and a pretty decent script, but the plot is the main issue and it sucks that this great project was weighed down by its farfetched storytelling and confusing plot, you will get bored if you don't understand what is going on and even it's lack of antagonistic development. I still recommend checking this one out, it's perfectly watchable and even fun sometimes, it is very well executed and polished with a couple of great performances and cinematography and music, it's just a shame the narrative was pretty darn weak.

• Dec 10, 2019

Classical Movie of tom cruise

Classical Movie of tom cruise

• Dec 09, 2019

A top tier spy movie. It does not have as much action as the following MI films, but it's a very clever, solid film.