Mississippi Grind Reviews

• Jun 17, 2019

The wait for a truly great gambling film continues. Very poorly shot, low budget I assume, turgid, long winded script that couldn't quite handle having a bad but legit ending. This film doesn't really do anything right..

• May 16, 2019

One of the better gambling movies that feels very much like a genre film without sinking into its tropes.

• Apr 10, 2019

I quite enjoyed this. Considering I only paid $2 from the bargain bin I wasn't expecting too much. A bit slow, but worth a watch. Ben and Ryan were great!

• Apr 01, 2019

It's a solid movie. Not amazing, not the best screenplay, overused music; but, superbly acted, charming, well-directed. Would reccomend you check it out.

• Mar 01, 2019

Terrible writing, terrible directing and only worth watching for the brief moments of freedom in the acting performances that undoubtedly add at least 30% to the true score of this film. 3/5 for the acting alone

• Feb 26, 2019

This was one of Ryan Reynolds’ best performances. A truly great indie movie.

This was one of Ryan Reynolds’ best performances. A truly great indie movie.

• Feb 23, 2019

this movie is a meh...

this movie is a meh...

• Jan 19, 2019

well acted, good poker representation, and not since the graduate have a seen a story so great that will be misinterpreted by so many. The things that keep this movie from being a 5 star film are small and easy to miss or at the least look past. If you are a gambler, know a gambler, or work in the industry this is a must see.

• Nov 13, 2018

A very thought-provoking and very heartbreaking film, "Mississippi Grind" offers much with great performances from Ryan Reynolds and Ben Mendelsohn. This film is worth taking a gamble for.

• Sep 13, 2018

It's more of a road-trip film than a character study on gambling addiction, but that doesn't matter when you have Ben Mendelsohn and Ryan Reynolds as leads.