Mississippi Grind Reviews

• Jul 18, 2020

Even when absolutely nothing might've been currently going on with Ben Mendelsohn's and Ryan Reynolds' both brilliantly presented and performed characters I felt a somewhat overriding sense of ulteriority, simply due to the painstakingly tense writing and acting.

• Jul 11, 2020

I’ve read plenty of audience reviews and must disagree with a vast majority. The character arcs are tremendous—Ryan and Ben are a great duo. I hope to see them in a future film. This is my third run through of the movie and I was still glued to the screen especially in the final ~45 minutes. It seems a lot of the negative reviewers have a lack of appreciation for cinema and ventured out of their normal genre. This is a slow burn drama with multiple, very large kicks throughout. I was actually shocked to see the audience review compared to critics. All in all, if you have an appreciation for REAL cinema, give this a go.

• Jul 05, 2020

This is a fascinating tale of gambling addiction

This is a fascinating tale of gambling addiction

• Jun 01, 2020

Good pacing. Gambling movie approach. Would watch again.

Good pacing. Gambling movie approach. Would watch again.

• Apr 27, 2020

This drama was pretty good. Ryan Reynolds, Ben Mendelsohn, and the rest of the cast did a pretty good job in this movie. The plot to the movie was dramatic and kind of depressing, but it was still a good movie to watch. I would probably recommend this movie to anyone. They would enjoy it.

• Mar 28, 2020

Such an incredible bond and chemistry between these two characters. I’m my opinion, this is Ryan’s best performance. Less sarcasm, and more realism.

• Mar 24, 2020

A fun adventure turns into a commentary on gambling addiction that is so prevalent in American culture. The ending will make or break the movie for you, I found what happens to Gerry a bit unearned.

• Jan 28, 2020

Great chemistry between Mendelsohn and Reynolds and a powerful ending

Great chemistry between Mendelsohn and Reynolds and a powerful ending

• Dec 26, 2019

This movie had potential, but never expanded on that potential. There was a lack of purpose and direction throughout the entire film. Interesting and worthwhile moments in this movie were few and far in between. By the end of the movie, there is no real character growth or redeeming qualities about the movie. The only saving grace to this movie was solid acting and dialogue on a poorly structured movie.

• Dec 23, 2019

Great start, then it gets slow and boring. Then it repeatedly alternates from great to boring until the end.