Mona Lisa Smile Reviews

• Aug 15, 2022

An interesting and subtle film that provided me another one of Julia Roberts's finest acts. It was refreshing to see her role as an art teacher that has constant determination in fighting the tradition of the school, which influenced many other women in this process. The choice of cast was very dynamic and the visual effects were not bold, but rather lively. I liked Kirsten Dunst as I have watched movies of her in her teens and the acting done by Julia Stiles was memorable. A film worthy of freshness and interest for those in American cinema.

• Jun 30, 2022

One of my favorite films, it kept my interest till the end. Why the bad reviews? Julia Roberts is fine, but the other actresses are great! I especially like Betty and Giselle.

• May 10, 2022

This film is an American Gem and should be preserved in the historical archives for it's accuracy alone.

• Apr 28, 2022

I watched this movie with my mom she throughly enjoyed and so did I.

I watched this movie with my mom she throughly enjoyed and so did I.

• Apr 10, 2022

Ages 13+ only; featuring humor and romantic kissing, LOL.

Ages 13+ only; featuring humor and romantic kissing, LOL.

• Mar 04, 2022

Poignant depiction of 1950s roles and conflicts, although a bit cliche. Great soundtrack. It was swell....just swell. Deserves better reviews.

• Feb 18, 2022

Very good written story

Very good written story

• Nov 19, 2021

This movie very well portrays what has happened in history. It's a very important history topic about the 50's. Young Adults will definitely understand what is happening here. This movie is also full of emotions as well. Amazing story and amazing cast. 4/5

• Oct 01, 2021

Despite the overall criticism about this movie, it is very well acted and has a poignancy that makes one keep watching as the stories unfold to a sanguine and moving ending.

• May 29, 2021

This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and in my opinion one of the most under-appreciated of American movies. The cast is superb: Julia Roberts, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julie Stiles, Kristen Dunst, Marcia Gay Harden, and more. Each character is brilliantly portrayed, each with her own story weaved seamlessly into the plot. The plot itself concerns a little-addressed issue in the field of education: are teachers meant to be simply vehicles of the transfer of information, or can they inspire their students to different lives, different ways of looking at the world? As a teacher, I've felt this tension acutely, at times painfully. This film covers so much ground with extraordinary efficiency: life in the 1950's, modern art, romance, lesbianism, sex. the women's movement.... Don't miss it!!