Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Reviews

April 23, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Una irónica historia que satiriza de manera muy imaginativa, original y acertada al cine de época en una divertida historia ideal para aquel conocedor de cine.
April 11, 2018
The Search for the Holy Grail
April 3, 2018
Hey, you ever heard of the TV British comedy shows called Mr Bean, Fawlty Towers and Blackadder? Well, then you have Monty Python and the Holy Grail right after the TV show which I haven't watched before Monty Python's Flying Circus. Now Monty Python is something that I can't stop laughing and all the stuff that happens is really really hilarious and it never stops. It has six comedian actors, Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin. All six of them are funny. Arthur, King of the Britons is on the journey to search for men to join the Knights of the Round Table but God is here to give him and the knights the task to search for the Holy Grail. And that's it. The rest is all silly hilarious moments with all six actors making the audience laugh. Now I can get the absolute funny stuff that has been going on. When you have got the DVD you see that you are watching a B&W film callled Dentists on the Job and all of the sudden somebody change the film saying that it's not the right bloody film so he put Monty Python and the Holy Grail for you guys. The opening credits is something that I have with it. I've been laughing at it for stopping the credits saying "We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked." and they stopped the credits again because somebody put subtitles on again saying "We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked." and then they stopped the credits AGAIN cause the directors of the film (it's not firm, it's film) hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. Then it says the credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute and boom and it ends. There's one song that I love is a song called Knights of the Round Table where they ride to Camelot! I did find the animated dragon funny where he chases the knights and it disappeared because the animator suffered a fatal heart attack. Now the way the knights ride their horses are not horses, they use coconuts for horse steps and they pretending to ride a horse. That's funny. The ending is not what I expecting but I won't spoil it. Now what can I say about Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Well, I absolutely loved it. I can watch this film for days and not get tired of it like Life of Brian which I'm gonna do next. I love Fawlty Towers and Blackadder too. And Mr Bean. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of my favourite films of all time and my favourite British comedy of all time and it's a fantastic film filled with funny aspects and with it's King Arthur story too bad they didn't show Merlin in it but when I thought of it, Arthur pulled the sword from the stone and becomes king. As long as people love silly comedies, Monty Python's Life of Brian will be next in my review so stay tuned for that.
½ March 31, 2018
I remember that it was occasionally really funny, and often odd. Somewhat cringy.
March 12, 2018
If you do not agree that this is the best film ever made I shall say 'ni' to you until you submit.
½ February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 15, 2018
Blindingly funny at times, but also a tad too stupid at others (at least for me), Monty Python And The Holy Grail takes many shots and makes most of them. Unfortunately a film so light on plot and character needs to make pretty much all of its jokes connect to maintain consistent attention.
February 13, 2018
Another cult classic, 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' is full of quintessentially British humour - a quirky but very effective combination of oddity, zaniness and wit. I have a feeling I might like some of the other movies more though!
January 22, 2018
This is an incredibly smart comedy! It's amazing how funny they made this with such a small budget
½ January 3, 2018
Outrageously hilarious and ludicrous re-telling of a classic fairy tale, Monty Python, and the Holy Grail is comedy at its finest.
December 22, 2017
Best movie ever! I died laughing. No really... I did. It's not my fault I can write these posts from beyond the grave.
December 21, 2017
My all time favorite movie. When I was 10, I didn't understand the humor, but I still loved it for it's story and silliness. Rewatching it now, it's the funniest film ever
November 29, 2017
My fave monty python movie. Very entertaining.
½ November 24, 2017
This movie is one of the most ridiculous, bombastic, overhyped film ever. However, it is so for a reason. It is hilarious in every-sense, and makes you laugh while thinking, "Wait, what?"
½ November 23, 2017
A true masterpiece in comedy film making. All of the Python movies are good but this stand head shoulders above the others as their greatest work. Still amazingly funny to this day.
November 12, 2017
A well acted,hilarious comedy with solid effects.
November 12, 2017
One of the funniest movies ever made by the funniest comedy group to ever exist. Nothing more to add, just go watch it.
October 6, 2017
The first of the Monty Python Trilogy, Holy Grail is silly And has gut-bursting laughter in the totally unexpected plus Knights Of The Roundtable!
½ September 23, 2017
One the best movies ever to come out of the 20th century!
September 2, 2017
The finest comedy in existence