Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Reviews

June 13, 2018
Our local theater runs old classics, cult films, etc. on Tuesday nights. We went and had a great time. Forgot out coconut shells, but still it was a hoot.
½ June 11, 2018
Yeah it's good. Not as funny as I remember thinking it was but it definitely has its moments. 7.1 out of 10
June 6, 2018
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a 1975 British slapstick comedy film directed by Gilliam and Jones.
1001
June 1, 2018
Just a flesh wound, funniest movie I had ever seen when I was 12.
May 31, 2018
June of The Seventeenth

I decided to start my challenge one day earlier, and what a movie to begin with!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is considered to be one of the greatest comedies of all time, and for a good reason.

This low-budget film didn't just age well, but it sounds like it has been released 10 or maybe even 8 years ago, except it really makes you laugh out loud.

This is how irony should be used, this is how breaking-the-fourth-wall should be done, and this is a Self-reflexive film that keeps being inventive and challenging throughout its running time.

While its sharpness has been considerably blunted at some times, I was intrigued and hooked every at second of the movie.

I didn't find the ending was rushed, rather I found it reasonably funny, if not completely satisfying.

I'm really surprised at how Terry Gilliam take advantage of almost every silly situation or gag to reuse it later in the movie. He's a real genius!

Simply, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the godfather of parody films!

(8.5/10)
May 23, 2018
If you're a fan of silly humor you can't go wrong with "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." It's full of nonsensical jokes but is completely self-aware of it and that's what makes it so funny. While there really isn't a story here, I did have fun watching the movie and was laughing pretty consistently. When it comes to parody movies, this is one definitely among the best. You'll be laughing at various absurd scenarios and ludicrous dialogue and have a blast with this classic.
May 20, 2018
I haven't watched this since high school but it still holds up.
May 7, 2018
how did you know that..

Monty Python And The Holy Grail

It has an eerie comic tone that may not be palpable to everyone along with its way of conveying the tale, and once the audience goes past that, it would just be jibber-jabber that tickles here and there. The makers being aware of the vision throughout the course of it is what helps install these little moments that may surprise more than amuse someone. Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones have done a decent work on some of the sequences while on some of it, they seemed a bit distracted. On performance level, the actors are hilarious among the supporting cast and even cameos, that marks their impression in a finite screen time. Monty Python And The Holy Grail is a feature that takes its joke very seriously and clears out the priorities within its first few minutes but considering as a whole project, it is unfortunately forgettable.
May 6, 2018
Clever and dumb, never stopping being self-aware, Monty Python's first full length feature blesses comedy and satire upon its style and substance, granting a high doses of creative and imaginative humor, but also maintaining an eye-candy, carefully-set production that imitates, celebrates and mocks classic medieval fantasy, along with the whole genre, all in favor for the several laughs and gags this spoof has to offer in plenty in order to craft an excelling comedy.
April 23, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Una irónica historia que satiriza de manera muy imaginativa, original y acertada al cine de época en una divertida historia ideal para aquel conocedor de cine.
April 11, 2018
The Search for the Holy Grail
April 3, 2018
Hey, you ever heard of the TV British comedy shows called Mr Bean, Fawlty Towers and Blackadder? Well, then you have Monty Python and the Holy Grail right after the TV show which I haven't watched before Monty Python's Flying Circus. Now Monty Python is something that I can't stop laughing and all the stuff that happens is really really hilarious and it never stops. It has six comedian actors, Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin. All six of them are funny. Arthur, King of the Britons is on the journey to search for men to join the Knights of the Round Table but God is here to give him and the knights the task to search for the Holy Grail. And that's it. The rest is all silly hilarious moments with all six actors making the audience laugh. Now I can get the absolute funny stuff that has been going on. When you have got the DVD you see that you are watching a B&W film callled Dentists on the Job and all of the sudden somebody change the film saying that it's not the right bloody film so he put Monty Python and the Holy Grail for you guys. The opening credits is something that I have with it. I've been laughing at it for stopping the credits saying "We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked." and they stopped the credits again because somebody put subtitles on again saying "We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked." and then they stopped the credits AGAIN cause the directors of the film (it's not firm, it's film) hired to continue the credits after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked. Then it says the credits have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute and boom and it ends. There's one song that I love is a song called Knights of the Round Table where they ride to Camelot! I did find the animated dragon funny where he chases the knights and it disappeared because the animator suffered a fatal heart attack. Now the way the knights ride their horses are not horses, they use coconuts for horse steps and they pretending to ride a horse. That's funny. The ending is not what I expecting but I won't spoil it. Now what can I say about Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Well, I absolutely loved it. I can watch this film for days and not get tired of it like Life of Brian which I'm gonna do next. I love Fawlty Towers and Blackadder too. And Mr Bean. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of my favourite films of all time and my favourite British comedy of all time and it's a fantastic film filled with funny aspects and with it's King Arthur story too bad they didn't show Merlin in it but when I thought of it, Arthur pulled the sword from the stone and becomes king. As long as people love silly comedies, Monty Python's Life of Brian will be next in my review so stay tuned for that.
½ March 31, 2018
I remember that it was occasionally really funny, and often odd. Somewhat cringy.
March 12, 2018
If you do not agree that this is the best film ever made I shall say 'ni' to you until you submit.
½ February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 15, 2018
Blindingly funny at times, but also a tad too stupid at others (at least for me), Monty Python And The Holy Grail takes many shots and makes most of them. Unfortunately a film so light on plot and character needs to make pretty much all of its jokes connect to maintain consistent attention.
February 13, 2018
Another cult classic, 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' is full of quintessentially British humour - a quirky but very effective combination of oddity, zaniness and wit. I have a feeling I might like some of the other movies more though!
January 22, 2018
This is an incredibly smart comedy! It's amazing how funny they made this with such a small budget
½ January 3, 2018
Outrageously hilarious and ludicrous re-telling of a classic fairy tale, Monty Python, and the Holy Grail is comedy at its finest.
December 22, 2017
Best movie ever! I died laughing. No really... I did. It's not my fault I can write these posts from beyond the grave.