Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Reviews

½ April 15, 2017
I don't get it that much maybe since I'm too young to understand this type of comedy but I like the style and randomness. It's entertaining enough to have in my collection.
April 15, 2017
Best comedy of all time
½ April 14, 2017
Absurd humor that is complete randomness and not really funny. HG is a giant snooze fest with very few funny scenes.
March 6, 2017
Greatest movie ever no joke
February 23, 2017
I have watched this movie multiple times. I would defiantly agree with all of these other reviews. Even with it being made in 1975, its comedy lives on forever. I would consider this to be one of the best comedies made at this time. Sometimes the jokes may seem somewhat childish and pointless, the more you think about them the more you realize how ridiculously funny they actually are. I would recommend this to younger people, as older people may not enjoy the jokes presented in this movie. I would also not recommend this movie for extremely young viewers (12+ probably). The middle aged viewers would enjoy this movie for the jokes and witty charm. While I would not recommend this for older viewers, this movie has been out for such a long time that they may have already seen it or at least heard of it and as such they may enjoy the reminder of these older times.
February 4, 2017
Unique, funny, what's not to like about this movie?
February 2, 2017
I have an enormous amount of respect for John Cleese, but this is just as bad as I remembered it.
January 14, 2017
Its funny and definitely one you could watch over and over, but I don't thing it's the best of all time. Its hilarious and genius making fun of all the King Arthur movies, but I still prefer movies like Hot Fuzz or Grandma's Boy. Definitely worth the watch.
½ January 3, 2017
Witty yet silly, The Holy Grail is a timelessly quotable comedy.
December 25, 2016
Monty Python and the Holy Grail has its moments in the first half with some pretty solid humor, but the second half is disappointing and the film focused way too much on absurdist humor and slapstick which I dislike. It is also visually uninspired despite its very good animated segments and the lack of any strong plot is troublesome. This is an extremely overrated film.
December 18, 2016
One of the most genius comedies ever made Python's best film.
December 11, 2016
Classic. I love random humor. We are the knights who say....NEEE!!
November 30, 2016
ONE OF THE BEST COMEDY FILMS I'VE EVER SEEN! Still my favorite Monty Python film!! If you haven't seen it, GO OUT AND SEE IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 23, 2016
As good as comedy gets. You'll catch 2 or 3 new jokes or background scenes every time you watch it. An all-time Top 5 comedy.
½ November 22, 2016
Disarming in its large quantity of visual styles and parody, Monty Python's first feature length film delves head first into the Middle Ages and the Fantasy genre with jokes, wit, charm, and farts.
All of the members contribute with an unbridled passion, they are not afraid to take risks, and they are ready to surprise us with jokes that come straight out of left-field.
Behind all of the silliness, lies a smart comedy film that has become an influential blueprint for other comedy films that went the extra mile.
November 7, 2016
They had this movie for one night only. We saw this at September 23.
November 2, 2016
This movie is absolutely silly, absurd and hilariously ridiculous and one of the best (if not THE best) comedies ever made. Monty Python's take on King Arthur and the quest for the grail hasn't lost any of it's humor over 40 years later and is better than most of the comedies that come out today. This also has to be one of the most quotable movies as well. I love this movie and watch it regularly.
October 10, 2016
The perfect, pure comedy. Every joke is just so next level. I don't really know what to say. Just watch it.
½ September 29, 2016
It's what you can expect from the Monty Python troupe. And that's far from bad. Their notorious hilarity shows through stronger than ever in his great telling of the tale of King Arthur and the knights of the round table and their quest for the holy grail.
September 16, 2016
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a film that I never, ever, ever, ever tire of. Not only is it one of the funniest movies ever made, but it's also one of the most enjoyable and well-made comedy films of all time. You can really get into a quoting war with your friends with lines from this movie. While I firmly believe that Life of Brian is Monty Python's finest film technically, Holy Grail is their finest film comedically. A lot of people would disagree with me on that, but oh well. This film is still pretty much a sketch film with an underlying attempt at a singular story, but it all works just perfectly anyway. Needless to say, it's amazing work from one of the great comedy troupes of all time, and then some. It's one of the greatest.