Morning Glory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Morning Glory Reviews

October 18, 2017
This film is ok. I found it fairly entertaining but also very formulaic. Rachel McAdams character is a bit frenetic, probably drinking too much caffeine. But it's not a terrible film and it tries very hard.
September 23, 2017
Some aspects similar to my favourite film, Six Days and Seven Nights. It gets half less than five stars because Harrison Ford is ageing......
August 6, 2017
Great chemistry between the entire cast! Enjoyed the personalities of each character, good and bad, and Rachel McAdams was adorable in all her quirks! Fits the "RomCom" category in all aspects. Love the "bantering" dialogue. One of my favorites.
½ June 11, 2017
Charming and non-insulting rom-com, slightly let down by an oddly overstuffed third act with a mildly questionable premise forcing its happy-ever-after conclusion.
April 6, 2017
Average movie overall. Especially with the cast they had could have got it to work so much better.
½ April 3, 2017
When we know the importance of what we see when all eyes are on us. When we see that we can't see somethings when our minds are too busy on other things. When we see this is not going to happen to see ourselves out. When we just like seeing things the way we like it yo know we can't allow others to see us in a different light. When somethings we wished to see we don't, that we let others go when we see we can't keep them. When we see we must start a new. When others see what we see to know we see potential in somethings that we are in need of. When we see that others referred us to know we need to make others see us in a different light. When we see that we bombed somethings to see we bombed another opportunity when we come face to face with our ideal. When we see somethings we see are not what they seem. When what we see more often we see the future in somethings. When we see we need to make some changes and fixer uppers when we work in a new place with new people.

When we see the real story and see the man behind the story to see that we see what people like to see when it's the breaking news, that is reliable  to cover real stories gor us to see. When we see we too are the real story behind the story that is breaking and news when it's our life decisions and directions to which we don't know where we are going. When we see we have high expectations to live in shadows we see and want to be amongst to do it the way we see it our own way.

When it's hard to see what people want to see when everybody has a preference in what they want or would like to see to only have a few minutes, few dollars and a few ideas yo use it. When we see we have a long, good shot to know we must trust those we see the face and future of what we see to do their job. When we all could use a change to see we need to make changes where it's needed. When being needed in places we dreamed of seeing ourselves in we accept the invitation but decline to accept when we see some news want us to see us elsewhere. When we see progress and results in what we we are watching to see we are part of larger news waiting to break out with a little more time, morale, perspective and ideas.
January 22, 2017
Really great movie, inspiring with energy and never give up feeling. Might seem unrealistic and in a "cute" world, but no, it's just there to remind us that the world is great. Good performance :)
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
October 22, 2016
It got better each time I watched it. Every character fit well into the overall story.
October 4, 2016
The movie is ok, but what it lights it is surely the presence of Rachel McAdams. Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton also are ok, but the best part they are not them.
August 16, 2016
Mesmo que sem muita substância, Uma manhã gloriosa tem uma boa performance de Rachel McAdams e um ritmo rápido de narração que fazem do filme um bom passatempo.
½ March 24, 2016
Fun satire of the industry - although it's nothing like this of course, but it makes for an entertaining movie.
½ March 14, 2016
It's alright. Harrison Ford is still the coolest.
March 11, 2016
This film allows enough time for developing a nice little story about the struggle an ambitious and dedicated producer trying to string together fresh ideas to apply onto a dying morning news show about to be replaced by game show. We get a glimpse of how producing a morning show might have been like: setting alarm clock at 1.30am, fighting during the commercial break, "hardly go out", and I think I buy it. It's an interesting world with everyday issues. Harrison Ford succeeded in portraying an uttermost unlikable personality and Rachel McAdams provided a nice contrasting counterpart.
½ March 6, 2016
In general, I usually find Rachel McAdams good, but this movie is terrible. We missed about 40 minutes of it in the middle, and that did not matter.
½ March 1, 2016
After being retrenched from a New Jersey breakfast show, sunny but mildly neurotic young workaholic Becky Fuller's (Rachel McAdams) floundering TV producer career looks as bleak as her hapless and non-existent love life.

Applying for anything and everything in her field, Becky's sickly-eager persistence pays off when she gets an interview with a sardonic and skeptical network boss Jerry Barnes (Jeff Goldblum). Reluctant but wanting Becky out-of-his-office, Barnes agrees to give Becky a chance to turn around a hemorrhaging low-rating national morning news show called "Daybreak".

Literally stumbling into the job, Becky is full of ideas and promises to revitalize a show that she believes could be something special. First order of business is to replace the sexist male co-host with her hard-hitting news anchor idol, Mike Pomeroy (Harrison Ford), easier said than done.

Becky coerces the semi-retired Pulitzer wining hard-hitting reporter into joining her 'mediocre little show' by reading the fine print and threatening to cancel his multimillion dollar contract, however her great gamble fails to pay off.

The cantankerous Pomeroy refuses to cover fluffy morning show staples like celebrity gossip, weather, fashion and crafts, insists on having complete control of all promotions and constantly insults his ex-beauty queen and long-time morning show personality co-host Colleen Peck (Diane Keaton).

Whilst enjoying a blossoming romance with fellow producer Adam Bennett (Patrick Wilson) Becky's enthusiastic bubble bursts when informed that if the ratings don't turn around within six weeks, Daybreak will be cancelled.

Strapping her unwitting weatherman into a rollercoaster, getting Peck into a sumo suit and kissing a frog and allowing Pomeroy and Peck's clash bleed over from off screen to on air, Becky resorts to sensationalism, slapstick and all things crass in a race to worship the television industry's god, ratings. But will it work?

Struggling to save her relationship, her reputation, her job and ultimately, the show itself, the talented Rachael McAdams tries extremely hard to create empathy for her Hepburn-esque Becky Fuller, however with all her energy, conscientiousness and commitment, Becky is simply irritating.

As his character so eloquently admits "I'm doing it for the money"; Harrison Ford delivers little more than a phone in. His time in action movies well and truly over (hint, hint! no more Indiana Jones appearances please) Ford slums it; perpetually grouching his way through cheesy lines and a full reportour of old man angry faces.

Underutilized, Diane Keaton is completely wasted. Flaky and exactly prefect for her role, the lack of screen time gives you little opportunity to embrace her character. This is also true for the rest of the highly talented and terrific but wasted cast including Goldblum, Wilson and John Pankow.

The pedigree continues, including "Notting Hill" director Roger Michell and "The Devil Wears Prada" Screenwriter Aline Brosh McKenna. Stirring this pot of credentials along with a premise that had great potential, this movie forgot to ground itself in reality and what should have been a delightful and humorous escape nose dives into heavy handed obviousness and tedium.

The verdict: In a rush to convince us its funny, meaningful and realistic, this new sub-genre the 'platonic' rom-com lacks appeal. When two bickering and cranky geriatrics who used to have wonderful careers start talking about pap smears and prostate checks its time to cancel the show. . .

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 14/01/2011
February 20, 2016
A refreshing comedy with solid acting from Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton. More fun than I anticipated - Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton are delicious together.
January 16, 2016
This was a really fun movie to watch! All the characters were fun and likable, and I was surprised to see so many actors I enjoy in this. Kind of shocked to see more people didn't enjoy it. Definitely a good movie to watch on the weekend or a sick day, since it's a feel-good movie with a lot of laughs. And Harrison Ford, though maybe not great in this, makes for an excellent old grump.
January 16, 2016
Not a terrible romcom, although that's probably because the romance (between McAdams & Wilson) is mostly glossed over, in order to see how she can, as the executive producer on a morning TV show, get the old grump (Ford) to come around and contribute. It all works out, but there is a few laughs throughout - mostly thanks to Malloy. However, the music's crap! Not a total waste of Ford, but hardly required much of him.
January 14, 2016
What I saw didn't interest me