Mortal Kombat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mortal Kombat Reviews

October 23, 2016
Video game movies are never good, but this one is, by default, the best. Could've used an R rating, because, well, it's freaking Mortal Kombat, but it wasn't awful.
October 17, 2016
al menos el soundtrack es bueno
½ September 3, 2016
Good movie, but strange at times. Could also use more character development.
August 17, 2016
Fun and faithful to the video game, Mortal Kombat delivers on a straightforward story, picture perfect casting, well done Martial Arts sequences, stylish visuals, and a dark Fantasy atmosphere.
August 16, 2016
A pretty damn good video game adaptation but like so many other MK products fail to capture that dark spirit of MK2. Gotta love that song.
August 6, 2016
I just saw this movie years ago and i hated it badly,
According to Rotten Ratings Video Game Adaptions are impossible to make successfully, I'm surprised this received 32%, It felt lower than that, Much Lower...
What Else? hmmmm.... Got it! It had a shitty ending and i knew it was going to end that way, People should either try again to make a good game adaptation or stop making them for good.

Score: 1.5/10
½ July 31, 2016
Silly, yes. Pointless, yes. Memorable for it's laughable dialogue and awful special effects, yes. Endearing none the less and a guilty pleasure to enjoy once or twice in a lifetime.
July 29, 2016
Probably one of the most underrated game to movies around as it's very loyal to the games with using most of the main characters from the game, The plot was abit silly but it had to be for this film to exist, The fight scenes were pretty good but should of been better, The acting was poor but if you go into a film like this expecting great acting then you need more film knowledge, At the end of the day it's one of the better game to films there is outside the Resident Evil franchise.
July 26, 2016
No me entretuvo en ningún momento, los personajes no me llamaron la atención y el guión muy malo y no tiene sentido y hay partes muy tontas, para mi esta película tampoco ser salva de las películas basadas en videojuegos, o puede ser que sea porque no tengo nostalgia por Mortal Kombat.
July 7, 2016
Fun and entertaining are the two words I would pick to describe this film. Corny, yes, but fun.
June 20, 2016
Mortal Kombat may not be the best video game movie (or a good movie in that matter), but it is the more decent ones.
June 16, 2016
A fun and somewhat cheesy action film that hides some intriguing depth in the mythology and beautiful cinematography.
½ June 8, 2016
For what it is, despite being a cheesy kung-fu flick, Mortal Kombat is faithful and entertaining, an despite its lack of character development is definitely rewatchable.
½ June 3, 2016
Truly bad, but in a 100% watchable way.
½ May 28, 2016
Even from a fan of Mortal Kombat, this is an insult to the games, and an unbearable movie.
½ May 25, 2016
I thought this movie was actually good I guess
May 7, 2016
Update: 1/31/16
Although visuals and design of the film are great. The film suffers from unexplained plot elements and characters that are either too cartoonish, medicore, or hateable (Or all three at once). Leaving little suspense for the viewer. Not a great flick, but it could've been worse. I have to give the film makers credit for being faithful to the source material, and it did a good job putting the video game franchise on the big screen, at least in a visual perspective
May 1, 2016
Obviously the best video game movie.
April 26, 2016
While a lot of Video Game based movies end up as a disappointement, a lot of people refuse to admit that there are some exceptions and Mortal Kombat is one of them. Awesome fight scenes and CGI (For its time) and while it does take some liberties sometimes, it still tries to follow the original story. Also, who can forget the best Disco song to emerge from a VG movie ever!
April 23, 2016
The beginning seemed promising enough, but after that, the movie got boring. I loved the games, but this is something you guys shouldn't watch.