Mostly Martha (Bella Martha) Reviews

• Jul 20, 2019

Loved this sweet, poignant, charming movie about the huge life changes to a food-obsessed cook's life and how it changes when she has to take care of her niece after her sister dies and also has to adjust to a new sous chef in her kitchen, whose outlook on life and food is far different from hers! Loved it!

• Nov 21, 2016

Quiet film that is a delight for the senses.

Quiet film that is a delight for the senses.

• Dec 23, 2015

Es otro refrito. Pero está versión alemana me gustó más que la americana y la latina.

• Nov 09, 2015

I saw this movie 3 times over the years. Great romantic comedy drama about cooking.

• Nov 05, 2015

This is not a romantic farce, and the food plays a different role than what the title picture shows -- not an erotic plaything. This is about a stoic young woman, suddenly becoming a caretaker for her niece, coping with a similarly difficult girl Lina who could not find ways to grief for her dead mother, or seek comforts and security. In the end, the warmth of affection of those reasonable people come through, however German they are. The performance is excellent.

• Jan 31, 2015

Una película ligera y delicada acerca de una chef neurótica (la éterea Martina Gedeck) que debe asumir la crianza de su sobrina y compartir su cocina con un relajado chef italiano. La directora Sandra Nettelbeck sabe contar la historia sin empalagar manteniendo el balance entre drama, comedia y corazón.

• Dec 27, 2014

Mein deutscher Lieblingsfilm. Schöne Musik, tolle Story, lustig, tragisch. Perfekt! (Oktober 2014)

• Dec 02, 2014

misogynistic drivel. Couldn't finish it.

misogynistic drivel. Couldn't finish it.

• Nov 03, 2014

Absolutely one of my favorite movies.

Absolutely one of my favorite movies.

• Sep 16, 2014

Yummy, Charming, Wonderful. An excellent romance movie. Watch it, I promise you will enjoy.