The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Reviews

½ August 21, 2016
Oh Shit! I can't wait!
½ July 10, 2016
In case you don't understand why the first Mummy should've just been a stand-alone.
½ July 10, 2016
Like the first one the best but this is still fun, enjoyed the grown up Alex and it was fun with a different mummy.
June 27, 2016
For the action fan as that's primarily the draw for the newly recasted Evey and same old Rick series and in this reviewer's opinion not near as good as number one or two.
½ June 14, 2016
This movie lost it's pizzaz with Imhotep.
June 9, 2016
An average film. I was quiet disappointed in it. The action are not the most exciting and the main characters are amazingly slow at figuring out that the mummy can't be defeated by firearms. The general is also quiet dumb, thinking that a thousand years old king is able to rule a society that's different from before. The plans were quiet not well planned and the O'Connell doesn't seem like espionages. I personally didn't watch the movies before but I hope it's better than this.
½ June 6, 2016
A good film, I did enjoy it but there was just something missing, The effects were pretty good, Three scenes stood out for me which made the film as good as it was, The chase scene through China, The scene in the mountains, and the final scene, Action scenes were very good, An ok story that we have seen it all before, A good film but not as good as the first two.
June 4, 2016
It lacks the confusing mythology of the previous entry but it also feels more tired and forced. Any movie where yetis show up completely out of the blue and Jet Li morphs into a three headed dragon should not be mostly boring.
May 17, 2016
bad story Okay effects
½ May 11, 2016
YO THIS MOVIE IS MAD GOOD. WHY AM I JUST SEEING IT NOW? AND APPARENTLY IT'S ROGER EBERT'S FAVORITE ONE OF THE TRILOGY. SO THIS ISN'T JUST A CODY IS DUMB THING I PROMISE
April 19, 2016
Awesome ending to a great series. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li kick butt!
March 23, 2016
22%
Filled with boring special effects and short on actual mummies, the third installment of the Mummy franchise is an insult to fans of the previous films.

V: 44%
March 15, 2016
Something spectacular, if only to witness how low a summer blockbuster really can stoop.
February 27, 2016
This is definitely the weakest movie of the whole series but it's not a horrible movie. I still enjoyed it for continuation purposes. Check it out if you liked the previous movies. Decent but not that good overall.
February 24, 2016
The entire movie is dumb and nothing about it is good, but this is what I call a guilty pleasure movie and it's awesome.
½ February 14, 2016
Senza dubbio il peggiore della saga e non raggiunge la piena sufficienza.

Rick O'Connell era un bel personaggio, ma qui è diventato la più classica delle minestre riscaldate ed è un vero peccato, soprattutto per uno come me che aveva adorato la prima Mummia.

Le perplessità  sono poi molte altre, a partire dal "cattivo" che è francamente poco carismatico e sebbene abbia tanti poteri, in confronto a Imhotep sembra una mezza calzetta.
La trama inoltre è molto sempliciotta e la sensazione è quasi quella di aver visto un film per ragazzi, considerando la disarmante linearità  di alcuni eventi.
Poi va beh, si sapeva, ma vedere Evelyn interpretata da un'altra attrice è stato più fastidioso del previsto.

Gli effetti speciali non sono esenti da critiche, infatti alcune scelte (non tutte) sono piuttosto discutibili... vogliamo parlare dello Yeti che si vede pure nel trailer?

Infine una cosa che mi ha dato molto fastidio, sono stati i continui riferimenti per tutto il film alla Mummia: Mummia di qua, Mummia di là ... eh ho capito cazzo, ma cerchiamo di focalizzarci su questa nuova avventura!
Fortunatamente qualche scena è stata divertente, ma il sorriso è amaro giudicando l'opera nel complesso. Peccato.
January 27, 2016
this issue has great action and has acceptable effects but also has a silly idea and bad relationship between the saddest characters could be the absence of Rachel Weisz
January 27, 2016
Very good movie. One of my favorites. ð'ð'?
January 24, 2016
would have given it 5 stars but I didn't like the change up of the character Evelyn
½ January 20, 2016
Ouch. Too bad the mummy franchise could not be a semi-decent trilogy after the watchable first two.