The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Reviews

½ February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ February 3, 2017
Unfortunately disappointing. It lacks the movie magic the first two films in the series had. It also feels like a whole different series with it being set in China instead of Egypt. The plot did not interest me, and it was dull. (First and only viewing - Fall 2008 in theaters)
January 17, 2017
New director. New locale (China). Jet Li as the villain. Michelle Yeoh helping the heroes. New actress playing Brendan Fraser's wife. Abominable snowman. And yet, this all feels so familiar. We've seen it done before (and better) in the first two Mummy movies. This isn't terrible, it's just...meh. Fraser is good. The actor playing his son annoys the crap out of me (or maybe it's just how the character is written). The effects are great. The swordfight between Li and Yeoh (which could have been worth the price of admission alone) is neutered by up-close camerawork, poor editing, and un-inventive choreography. The jokes, which were "tongue-in cheek" bad before are now just bad. Meh. ** (out of five). PG-13 for violence and mild married innuendo.
January 5, 2017
Well, the first one was good, and what I saw of the second one was okay, so how could I not be interested?
½ December 4, 2016
Did not like this one it had a dumb plot and they changed the actress
October 10, 2016
I have to admit, the previous two "Mummy" films were a guilty please, but the series went off the rails with this one. It's unfortunate because I am a big fan of Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh and I think any Martial Arts fan was happy to see them together, it's just unfortunate that it was in the very sub-par film. The script is weak, and the VFX are terrible. I also missed the chemistry Rachel Weisz had with Brendan Fraser, she's replaced here with Maria Bello and it just doesn't work. Just a poor film overall. Skip it.
October 2, 2016
Worst one in the series
October 1, 2016
This is a weird-boring continuation to "The Mummy." It's not the same feel as the other two when it's in China. In my opinion this is more of a Badly done comedy then a thriller.
September 17, 2016
Here is what I like to call the best guilty pleasure film I have ever seen.
½ September 16, 2016
This movie ---- is just so bad. Oh how I miss the original Evelin!!! This movie was plan old not necessary
½ September 5, 2016
This was the film that pretty much ended Brendan Fraser's career, not hard to see why
½ August 21, 2016
Oh Shit! I can't wait!
½ July 10, 2016
In case you don't understand why the first Mummy should've just been a stand-alone.
½ July 10, 2016
Like the first one the best but this is still fun, enjoyed the grown up Alex and it was fun with a different mummy.
June 27, 2016
For the action fan as that's primarily the draw for the newly recasted Evey and same old Rick series and in this reviewer's opinion not near as good as number one or two.
½ June 14, 2016
This movie lost it's pizzaz with Imhotep.
June 9, 2016
An average film. I was quiet disappointed in it. The action are not the most exciting and the main characters are amazingly slow at figuring out that the mummy can't be defeated by firearms. The general is also quiet dumb, thinking that a thousand years old king is able to rule a society that's different from before. The plans were quiet not well planned and the O'Connell doesn't seem like espionages. I personally didn't watch the movies before but I hope it's better than this.
jamrcla
½ June 6, 2016
A good film, I did enjoy it but there was just something missing, The effects were pretty good, Three scenes stood out for me which made the film as good as it was, The chase scene through China, The scene in the mountains, and the final scene, Action scenes were very good, An ok story that we have seen it all before, A good film but not as good as the first two.
June 4, 2016
It lacks the confusing mythology of the previous entry but it also feels more tired and forced. Any movie where yetis show up completely out of the blue and Jet Li morphs into a three headed dragon should not be mostly boring.