Murder On The Orient Express Reviews

• Jan 16, 2020

I preferred the 1974 version, at least in my memory, but this one has three superlatives: an amazing cast, the sumptuous set design and shots, and intense dramatic performances from Pfeiffer and especially Branagh at the end. It is of course a great story, and this is a good movie, but somehow the frivolity we experience in the opening half was too superficial and the drama of the second half too serious.

• Jan 14, 2020

At the beginning I was gearing up for a solid ride, but it seems as though the avalanche stopped not only the train but the pacing of the film during act 2. After that I'm simply waiting for the twist, which isn't very shocking for someone unfamiliar with the book.

• Jan 08, 2020

The film is a pleasant and entertaining proposal that could have been much more but that nevertheless does not disappoint. A film with a successful aesthetic, a sublime camera handling and a cast at the height of the circumstances, where we will witness the return of Hercule Poirot. But it has a tendency to overexplication and a narrative that suffers a bit from the lack of thriller.

• Jan 06, 2020

Good acting but slow

Good acting but slow

• Jan 02, 2020

Based on an Agatha Christie novel and featuring an impressive ensemble cast, Murder on the Orient Express should have been a thrilling ride. Instead, this movie chugs along the same tracks we've seen before, without any real excitement or cleverness. It also fails to explain how Poirot comes to his conclusions and, therefore, the viewer must assume he just figured it out somehow. This is a bland and somber whodunnit.

• Dec 30, 2019

Both predictable and oddly cheap looking, this movie isn't the worst way to spend a couple hours, but you could easily do way better.

• Dec 30, 2019

A faithful and colorful adaptation of the classic with probably the most brilliant ensemble cast ever assembled in recent decades. Looking forward to Branagh's sequel !

• Dec 18, 2019

A taught, old style mystery that's rather emotional in the end.

A taught, old style mystery that's rather emotional in the end.

• Dec 14, 2019

Unfortunately, a very poor adaptation missing the prototype of the book by long kilometers of the railway route.

• Dec 12, 2019

The development of characters was thinly generated as if straight from a game of CLUE. The plot itself was rushed and it's the conclusion, totally unsatisfying and against the values of characters, they previously tried to establish.