My Cousin Vinny - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Cousin Vinny Reviews

December 3, 2016
Classic. On Blu-ray.
November 2, 2016
These two leads are so entertaining together!
September 10, 2016
My Cousin Vinny is a must see funny and and entertaining movie!
August 22, 2016
a practically perfect comedy. witty, creative, and truly funny!
August 5, 2016
My Cousin Vinny utilizes Joe Pesci's mouthy attitude and Marisa Tomei's brilliant rendition of a New Yorker to create a hilarious court room drama. The film is fueled by a funny script and a ridiculous situation, which to me made it even more likable. This is a classic that shouldn't be missed
½ August 2, 2016
The heart of this film is the interplay between Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei which is FANTASTIC! They really elevate this film to wonderfully enjoyable.
July 17, 2016
Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei are brilliant together in this film! No wonder Marisa won an academy award for this film.
July 10, 2016
One of Joe Pesci's best movies and Marisa Tomei plays a blinder!!!! Very funny; some great one liners. A must see.
June 20, 2016
Great movie. Great acting, Marisa Tomei won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy. Nugh said!!!!
½ May 3, 2016
Allright, ''My Cousin Vinny'' (1992) is quite a stupid and ridiculous movie and it isnt that well made. The structure is off, there are massive tonal shifts, sudden character improvements, and revelations that dont make any sense. But my god, this movie is hilarious and entertaining.

The story is about two guys who are accused of murder in Alabama, they dont have any money for a proper attorney, so they hire their cousin Vinny, hilariously portrayed by Joe Pesci, Vinny is an inexperienced, loudmouth lawyer not accustomed to Southern rules and manners, and along side him he brings his fiancee Mona Lisa Vito (Yes really), portrayed by Marisa Tomei (This performance has always been infamous because she won an Academy Award for it, despite not being that great. and i agree, she shouldnt have won, but she really isnt bad. She is a funny character and Tomei gives life to the Yankee character)

That's all i'm going to say, ''My Cousin Vinny'' (1992) is an hilarous movie, brimming with energy from start to finish, the plot (however conventional) is excellent. (The final scene in the courtroom is truly remarkable)

This movie may not be well made, but you sure are guaranteed to have a great time watching
½ April 13, 2016
This is has a fantastic story and an excellent cast. I enjoy it more every time I watch it.
March 12, 2016
A highly satisfying film, this is not just another comedy, but it's a heck of a courtroom setting with at least several memorable quotes.
February 29, 2016
Excellent fun comedy. Many who rate do not know a good witty comedy if it snuck up and bit them in the behind! This one is very good fun and can be watched again and again.
½ February 6, 2016
Best part of this movie is the chemistry between Vinny and Lisa. Everything else is hit or miss.
½ January 3, 2016
A different courtroom drama - where's there's not that much drama, but more comedy, and it's not all stupid, either! Vinny (Perci) is the relative/sort-of-lawyer called in to help his nephew (Macchio) who's on trial for murder. It's good fish-out-of-water stuff & Mona (Tomei) is good, if dressed ridiculously throughout! Fast-paced and fun, if not always hilarious, a good film.
December 30, 2015
My Cousin Vinny is a light-hearted legal comedy and is one of my favourite courtroom films ever. Marisa Tomei is the stand out performance - which is no doubt why she won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar.
December 24, 2015
An absolute classic. Joe Pesci at his finest, as fish out of water New York lawyer Vinny Gambini, defending his very first murder case in southern Alabama. Marisa Tomei, who won an Oscar for her role as Gambini's girlfriend Lisa, rounds out a strong supporting cast. This court room drama will leave you laughing from start to finish. A brilliant comedy worth watching.
November 15, 2015
a very entertaining courtroom comedy movie
November 14, 2015
My all-time favorite comedy! I quote this movie very often! It's so funny!
½ November 13, 2015
Oscar-lore aside, it boasts some of the oddest chemistry that actually works.