My Entire High School Sinking Into the Sea Reviews

• May 01, 2018

Truly a comic book in motion picture form, whether it makes for good entertainment will depend on the beholder.

• Mar 16, 2018

If this film were to be told in any other way than the animation style of which it was presented, it would be extremely cheesy. But with its visuals being just as strange as the story, it creates a unique and enjoyable atmosphere I havent found in any other film.

• Jan 25, 2018

Disappointing! waste of time as this animated movie amounted to nothing

Disappointing! waste of time as this animated movie amounted to nothing

• Dec 30, 2017

I like when the movie review itself: "It has the logic of a dream" A delectable work. Just moderately funny, but visually amazing.

• Luke E Super Reviewer
    Aug 10, 2017

Unaware of this being a first feature or debut for any matter. I found this film to be a hilarious self parody of high school life intersected with the plot to 'A Poseidon Adventure'. This unique film uses a very distinctive graphic novel inspired animation and look to it's characters and setting. it can be described as a sort of flash animation taking up an amateur comic design all to encompass this world of it's satirical message. Even while the animation is wonderful to look at and is fluid in most parts, the film is also surrealistic using the very unusual conventions to it's advantage to express moments of a suspenseful nature or subconscious behavior within the character's visual thought portrayal. Other than that the writing is excellent able to take what's cliche about high school life and turn it on it's head with a disaster plot that doesn't take itself too seriously at all, with plenty of laugh out load jokes. Lastly, I didn't think the film hit any high notes as being a huge recommendation on my part , though I really enjoyed it for what it is, an impressive and enjoyable debut animated feature.

• May 25, 2017

is it okay to laugh?

is it okay to laugh?

• May 06, 2017

Despite some truly innovative animation and some genuinely funny material, this colorfully drawn high school comedy comes up short in delivering sustained laughs or in presenting a clear point of view. It's like a collection of inspired bits strung together with long lapses of inconsequential padding. That's unfortunate, too, since this really could have been a stellar offering if the jokes hadn't been nearly so sporadic and the narrative so largely unfocused.

• May 06, 2017

Wish there was a filter on here to prevent butthurt little children like Jason Smith from posting without even seeing the film. Terrific and visually a stunner for a debut. The shifting mediums tells the story in a fresh and non-cliche way which is eyepopping and fun. A cool quirky ride.

• May 03, 2017

'My Entire High School Sinking Into the Sea' is what I imagine Wes Anderson's storyboards would look like if viewed through a kaleidoscope ... which is a good thing!

• Apr 28, 2017

Reminds me of a crudely sketched animation from MTV: lots of flat characters churning out one-liners that are calculated quirk and eye-rolling irony. I only stayed through the entire film because I wanted to make sure it didn't magically transform into something worthwhile. It didn't.