My Mom's New Boyfriend - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Mom's New Boyfriend Reviews

January 9, 2018
A couple of well known, good looking, and in the past good actors, headline this film. It is at first, difficult to determine whether the movie is a drama or a comedy and as it progresses its comedic side overtakes the dramatic. It has a cute premise, however, it somehow doesn't work well with Meg and Antonio. The studio should have thought about the title a little bit, this one doesn't really describe the film very well. Not a great move, but it is entertaining.
December 11, 2017
This is a very good comedy. Most reviewers slammed it, but I enjoyed it. I suggest potential viewers not blindly follow the bad reviews, watch for yourselves.
October 24, 2017
It's not super complicated, plot wise, but it has these little cute funny things that make it worth watching. It's from 2008, so if you like movies of this genre, just give it a shot one day. You might enjoy it.
November 28, 2016
Most unfortunate movie Obviously the director couldn't distinguish the difference between a free spirit and an ass, and Meg Ryan just ended up being too embarrassing to watch.
½ July 9, 2016
A hyperbolic, meaningless, ridiculous, disappointing and, worst of all, repetitive mixture of dramedy and action film. A lot of its "subplots" could very well not exist, but I suppose you need some filler in order to make a feature film out of such a meagre main idea. Meg Ryan is very unlikable whereas Antonio Banders predictably switches on his mediocre, overplayed Latino lover mode.
September 7, 2015
George Gallo fait partie de cette caste de réalisateurs qui est capable d'enchaîner de vrais bons films (Middle Men, 29th Street) avec des sacrés navets (Mon voisin le Tueur 2, Trapped in Paradise) sans pour autant qu'on puisse remettre en cause son talent certain. Malheureusement, My Mom's New Boyfriend est dans la deuxième catégorie, une comédie si pathétique qu'elle en deviendrait presque triste pour tous les acteurs impliqués. Si le film fait illusion pendant près d'une demi-heure, il se perd alors dans un mélange d'action pataude et de romcom abominable, avec la terrible Meg Ryan qui joue n'importe comment et Antonio Banderas qui n'a plus aucune limite. Colin Hanks reste sympathique mais il ne peut faire face à un tel scénario. Quant à la musique, on dirait un téléfilm Lifetime.
½ August 17, 2015
Not a bad little romantic comedy. I love that it never really gets sappy and the jokes are big and goofy. Not for everybody, bit very watchable.
½ February 19, 2015
perhaps about Meg Ryan´s surgeries she still huge talented and never she lost charming
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A comedy romance mixed with a bit of crime stuff with a decent plot. Antonio Banderas and Meg Ryan fits great in these types of movies. It was quite entertaining
from start til end with nothing special really , its just an average watchable movie i thought.
January 21, 2014
different - yes
good - hmmmm
November 21, 2013
The music is so comical that it is enough laughs all by itself, then add in the well written script and the laughter will just flow. The story is full of fun and is well acted by all involved making for an entertaining movie. The photography is well lit allowing a lot of atmosphere to percolate each scene. Nibbles: Green Salad.
PantaOz
August 10, 2013
This American/German romantic action comedy directed by George Gallo, has some impressive cast. It is distributed under two names: "Homeland Security" and "My Mom's New Boyfriend" and it's listed twice in the RT database (first name with no plot), I am posting the same review for the both listings. This film wasn't bad at all... or maybe it's something wrong with me. Lots of people just didn't like it! Entertaining enough for a quiet night at home, especially if you are a fan of Antonio Banderas, Meg Ryan, Colin Hanks, Selma Blair and Trevor Morgan.

The story of a young FBI agent whose obese mother managed to lose a lot of weight while he was 3 years away on an assignment, making him embarrassed because she is now fully enjoying a crazy life she was missing on before, was funny, with a twist and lots of romance. But his mother usually picks the wrong guys, according to Henry, from a college kid, to a bold Italian chief who cries every night at front of her house wanting to make "sweet love to her". One day she meets Tommy, a foreigner pretending to be an international business consultant... in reality he is an art thief who came to the town to steal the Bernini sculpture exhibited in the local museum...

I won't give you the full story, because there is lots of twists, and the biggest surprise comes at the end, but I enjoyed this mildly entertaining romantic comedy with wonderful cast. Perfect to relax and not worry about anything too complicated to engage you too much.
June 19, 2013
Pelicula intrscendente veraniega que se exiben uno va y la ve porque no hay nada mejor que ver y despues la olvida, la trama para que me esfuerzo solo dire que un agente del gobierno regresa a casa de su mama con su prometida agente tambien y descubre que su mama ya no es la que solia ser y que ahora sale con un tipo muy sospechoso interpretado por antonio banderas para variar
May 23, 2013
Antonio is so gorgeous, but even his good looks can't really save this movie. The plot wasn't that interesting, probably because Meg Ryan's character was so annoying that you didn't really care what happened to her. It was just really straightforward and has been done before in better ways. Selma Blair didn't really serve a purpose. Colin Hanks needs to get some better roles, he is a good actor and could do better.
May 21, 2013
I tried to like this movie but it just wasn't that interesting..couldn't finish it.
½ April 27, 2013
pretty funny movie!:)
½ April 3, 2013
Not going to do much for Meg Ryan's career, though she and Colin Hanks are the best thing about this. The bits with the spies are hammy, totally unconvincing, and made me want to switch off. Story is pretty lame. I am sure this was a straight to dvd job!
½ February 22, 2013
I didn't even finish the movie cause it was so boring and cheesy.
January 20, 2013
Cliche, but still very funny, good cast and a recommended movie.
November 20, 2012
ok but I don't think I'll watch this film ever again, I expected better so I don't think I can watch this film again, it starred Colin Hanks, Meg Ryan, Antonio Banderas and Selma Blair