Never Look Away Reviews

• Dec 22, 2019

Brilliant. A different way to see the war and the post-war in Germany.

Brilliant. A different way to see the war and the post-war in Germany.

• Oct 26, 2019

Brilliant movie, I was unaware what I was about to watch at home and I just turned I could not put my eyes off the movie the whole time. It's a beautiful film and the actresses definitely fill the role the other actually like the movie it's a beautiful romance movie going back into history World war II

• Oct 20, 2019

Translated from the German title as Work without Author, Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck's sprawling Oscar nominee for Best Foreign Language Film astonishes with a gripping exposition of the birth of German artist Gerhard Richter's photorealism that often obfuscates his embittered memories anguished with Nazi eugenics and totalitarian art of German Democratic Republic.

• Sep 30, 2019

one of the best movies !!!

one of the best movies !!!

• Sep 15, 2019

Good if you're interested in politics, history and art. I found it compelling for all three reasons but it does have longeurs and I can understand if some folk do look away. There's quite a bit of nudity, though, which might help those with attention deficit issues ...

• Sep 14, 2019

The score was fantastic. Oscar worthy in my opinion...couldn't look away!

The score was fantastic. Oscar worthy in my opinion...couldn't look away!

• Aug 24, 2019

I wanted to like the film. The subject interests me, but I found it cliche ridden and the soundtrack was over-the-top manipulative, trying to tell me what to feel at every turn. The film looked good and despite it's many flaws, it kept me watching, but I went away thinking it was an average mainstream journey with high production values. It could've been so much more.

• Aug 11, 2019

Like a sweeping novel set against the fascinating history of 20th century Germany. Recommended.

• Jul 28, 2019

La sombra del pasado [2019]

La sombra del pasado [2019]

• Jul 16, 2019

This movie is based on the life of Gerhard Richter, one of the 20th century's most admired visual artists, It takes place in Germany under the Nazi and then the Communist regimes. It's worth the three hour investment.