Reviews

• Nov 10, 2021

yup, just as bad as I remember. The story may be the same as Thunderball, but the presentation is leagues away. Most of the secondary actors can't act, some of the worst set production in film history is displayed here, the locations might be even worse, and the theme song is the worst piece of music I have ever heard in my life. I wish I were being hyperbolic with at least one of these statements, but this thing really is that bad. Thankfully Never Say Never Again was not produced by EON productions, meaning it is not a canon film, it's unofficial, a fugazy. They somehow managed to get Sean Connery, Max Von Sydow, Edward Fox, Rowan Atkinson, and Kim Basinger, but my statement still stands. Note to self: say never again to Never Say Never Again.

• Oct 29, 2021

I felt that Connery was way too old to play Bond but he did try hard and I found the film amusing!

• Oct 29, 2021

Based on the original Thunderball film which was produce by different producers who still maintained the rights over the book, the film was remade with Connery's catch phrase when he said he'd never play Bon again. The storyline is slightly changed, but Connery as Bond is an older, wiser spy who seems more like the real thing this time instead of the MI6 previous incarnation. The script is tight, with some humor tossed in. Bassinger is terrific as Domino and Barbara Carrera as Fatima Blush is absolutely maniacal! Klaus Maria Brandauer is deliciously evil as Max Largo. The ending is a little flat, but overall better than most of the original Bond series. Give it a look!

• Sep 27, 2021

[⭐️64%] Never Say Never Again (1983) brings back Sean Connery as a much older James Bond 12 years after leaving the role. Connery still manages to capture his flare that he kept throughout his tenure as 007, whilst also giving off the feel that he is older than usual. Despite how great it was to have Connery back, Never Say Never Again (1983) is just a remake of an already solid Bond film in Thunderball (1965), and this remake doesn't offer anything new or any parts which stand above Thunderball (1965). It's a joy to see the return of the OG James Bond, however at the end of the day the film is quite unnecessary and doesn't feel like a grand return for Connery as the film is instantly forgettable if it wasn't for the return of the late Sean Connery.

• May 21, 2021

Rubbish ,worse film ever

Rubbish ,worse film ever

• Mar 05, 2021

I can't stand this movie. the entire thing is just forgettable and so boring it'll put you to sleep. Sean Connery is way too old to play the part, the characters are bland, there's not enough action, it's missing the iconic Bond theme and intro. I can't give one thing I liked about this movie.

• Dec 15, 2020

So boring . No real sense of danger. Thunderball story was already done why rehash it?

• Nov 23, 2020

Sean Connery: Impressive and Charming as ever, this film however is not.

Sean Connery: Impressive and Charming as ever, this film however is not.

• Nov 14, 2020

Domino: I love you. Bond: I know.

Domino: I love you. Bond: I know.

• Nov 13, 2020

Never Say Never Again is a dreadful remake that never should have been made. It's not better than most of Roger Moore's films like some people are saying. Yes, many of those are ridiculous and arguably the worst in the franchise (e.g. Moonraker), but some are enjoyable. This film was objectively worse than the official Thunderball in almost every possible way. Sean Connery was too old for the role, the acting wasn't the best, most of the characters were awful (e.g. Largo, Fatima, and Small-Fawcett), the action sequences were poor, and there were stupid parts like the electric shock video game. However, the underwater sequences weren't overdone like in the official film, and the music wasn't as repetitive. The cinematography and soundtrack could have been a lot better, but the visual effects were ok for the time. It's a film that has no reason to exist, and it feels unofficial and like a rip off compared to the real Bond films.