nh10 (N.H 10) Reviews

• Feb 08, 2020

'National Highway- 10' is the most comepellng hindi thriller in a long time. While it boasts of a strong female.lead and her slick performance which rouses feminist sensibilities- and Anushka Sharma plays Meera extraordinarily- Navdeep Singh has a distinct talent of staging a drama and making it resonant and sound. The film is an honest critique of the privileges and a brutal setting of honour killings across highways spanning small town India. Don't miss this enjoyably thought-out thriller missing out which would be missing one of the most unflinchingly disturbing but best films of 2015.

• Mar 05, 2017

Good Performance by Anushka, but overtly violent and long movie. Expected more

Good Performance by Anushka, but overtly violent and long movie. Expected more

• Dec 09, 2016

nice movie with good acting and some part is actually based on true story

nice movie with good acting and some part is actually based on true story

• Jan 05, 2016

Suspenseful and thrilling. Great story line(asides from be ing similar to eden lake),very gripping. Anushka isnt the best actress but she pulled this part off well. The movie went on and ended with a strong woman lead and it was great. Bollywood needs more movies like this.

• familiar s Super Reviewer
    Dec 08, 2015

Allegedly inspired from Eden Lake, the resemblance is strictly limited to the plot-line. Eden Lake is far superior to this one. Apart from some credible performances, I didn't find anything going in its favor. 9 Nov. 2015

• Sep 05, 2015

In its essence the movie reminded me of the Tamil classic Silappathikaram! The plot unfolds with the approaching evening as a young couple in love go on a drive. An opportunity to use menacing power of the elements in the black of night has been admirably avoided as the script is able to engage and disturb all by itself. By not taking sides and leaving judgement to the audience it ticks off a main ingredient in an iconic movie recipe. NH10 the road, may have already been bad for Indian tourism without this movie causing new damage. But indian cinema I am sure will have no complaints to take this road less travelled!

• Sep 04, 2015

Technically these are mild spoilers, but I don't think I am revealing anything critical when I summarize the plot thus: Married couple living in Gurgaon leave for a birthday getaway outside the city. On the road, they get mixed up in something they aren't supposed to and end up on the run from some very dangerous people. Husband and wife get separated from each other (and from their car) and have to fend for themselves in the dark, off-highway wilderness. This maybe a standard thriller template, but it is somewhat new ground for Hindi cinema. It isn't what makes 'NH10' stand out though. I remember reading somewhere that of the so-called five elements of storytelling (plot, character, theme, conflict and setting), the last is most often the neglected cousin. I've found this to be true, and the corollary is that books or films that use setting successfully tend to endure well in memory. 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' springs to mind as an example. Navdeep Singh's film may not go down in history on par with Arthur Conan Doyle's best Sherlock Holmes novel, but I can't think of a Hindi film that has used its setting better, transforming the sinister rural badlands of Gurgaon into a character in themselves. In a narrow sense, this is a traditional slasher film where the heroine has to outrun, outwit and outlive her pursuers, but what separates 'NH10' from much of the pack is its added depth: the film is also in some way about an urban and modern India that is zooming along the highway, but can't avoid colliding in uncomfortable ways with the traditions of a past it is still living in.

• Aug 11, 2015

After Piku, Dil Dhadakne Do, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Drishyam, Tanu Weds Manu Returns and Baby - NH10 is the 8th Bollywood movie I have watched in 2015 and is the 8th one I have enjoyed! While it does have its flaws in terms of lots of convenient coincidences and a few poorly executed scenes, these are minor issues in an otherwise completely engrossing and suspenseful thriller that keeps you at the edge of your seat. Once the action begins after the lengthy setup, the movie moves quick and breathlessly never letting you go. A sense of urgency is constantly maintained and it helps that all the actors do a brilliant job, especially the antagonists and Anushka Sharma who delivers one of her finest performances in my opinion. While its not particularly memorable and doesn't have much repeat value, for the 110 minutes it runs, it's a violent, brutal and wild ride. Must say 100% hit rate for enjoying Bollywood movies so far this year, don't think that's ever happened before.

• Jun 29, 2015

Anushka Sharma tries to release her inner Sarah Connor and somewhat suceeds in it.

• Jun 20, 2015

NH 10 is riveting thriller and engaging hell ride!

NH 10 is riveting thriller and engaging hell ride!