Night at the Museum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night at the Museum Reviews

March 20, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan.
March 20, 2017
Very un-funny comedy with some good ideas that have been poorly executed. Random and pointless storyline involving the brilliant Dick van Dyke as an evil ex-security guard that doesn't really go anywhere. Ben Stiller is extremely annoying and he has a terrible habit of bursting into hyper-active fits whenever he tries to be funny. Ricky Gervais is worse. I don't know why people find him funny and I'm sure the Americans with their lust for loud slapstick/toilet humour will not know what to make of him. His method seems to be to forget the script and attempt to ad-lib, but in very tiresome fashion. Scenes are overly long and drawn out. The only decent scenes involve cameo's from Steve Coogan and Owen Wilson as a bickering Roman General and Cowboy (respectively). This is a very lacklustre film that never really gets going in all of it's 90minute run time.
January 27, 2017
A great family friendly film that combines humor with action seamlessly. Highly recommend
½ January 16, 2017
Though Night at the Museum may not quite make the most out of its admittedly interesting premise, the performances of its cast with Robin Williams and an uncredited Owen Wilson managing to steal the show during their screen time and its charm as it focuses on a father wanting to be a hero in his son's eyes help elevate the film above its occasionally cheesy humour.
½ January 8, 2017
Blah Jumanji knock-off that's hardly funny, save for odd bits here and there.
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 6, 2016
A cute little movie with a fun premise and the deadpan charm of Ben Stiller.
September 14, 2016
Tons of fun. It's hilarious
August 29, 2016
An entertaining family film, although would not watch twice.
½ August 27, 2016
.................................
½ August 27, 2016
One thing Night At The Museum doesn't fail to do is entertain and - while it plows through many genre clichés and general predictability - we find ourselves rooting for Ben Stiller and, all in all, coming out of it having enjoyed ourselves. It has nothing special, but it certainly isn't bad.
Verdict: B
August 10, 2016
i have seen this movie countless times it is sort of interesting but the comedy is really dumb but however the characters are interesting
July 27, 2016
***
I liked the movie as a kid, and naturally looking back on it I have fond memories. That being said, I completely recognize its many flaws, and acknowledge that it isn't too good of a movie.
July 23, 2016
Not a fan of Ben Stiller
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Good family film to watch with the kids it's something that's been done before but not as well or enjoyable.
June 29, 2016
I just love this series, and I don't know why it only deserve such a low score in RT. This movie is full of funny scene, and many unexpected twist of how we view the historical figure.
June 27, 2016
Night at the Museum is brilliant. A movie about a museum coming to life at night is brilliant. This movie has some amazing actors and they do a great job portraying this film. Amazing!!! I would very much suggest this movie.
June 8, 2016
Night at The Museum is predictable, noisy, and badly paced, but it stands-out by having a charm and a well-executed creative premise.
May 31, 2016
Too hilarious to not deserve a sequel
May 27, 2016