A Nightmare on Elm Street Reviews

• 2d ago

Jackie Earle Haley does a good job of filling the very large shoes of Robert Englund. Every time the movie does something good, they cut it down quick and kill its momentum.

• Aug 13, 2019

A sub-par remake on almost every level. It only gets one star for being visually appealing. Everything else, from the bad acting, the horrible script, and actors in their 20's being cast as teenagers. Rooney Mara was woefully miscast as Nancy and Freddy also is completely devoid of any personality. Zero thrills or horror. 1/5

• Aug 11, 2019

Worst Of The Series, (Yes Even More Than Freddy's Dead) But Im Giving It 5 For Almost No Other Reason Than That It's A Nightmare Film And Kinda Fun To Watch!

• Jul 24, 2019

Another half baked attempt at rebooting a horror franchise. Had potential, but ultimately fell short.

• Jun 29, 2019

This just barely passes the 'off that was rotten category.' The thing that holds it back is Nancy. She didn't want to be in this, and it clearly shows. What was good was that this franchise had went the remake route. I think it was time for a remake with a new take on the character. Was Jackie Earl Haley good as Freddy? Actually he was. They made it more central with the teens and none it was played for laughs. I congratulate them on that. But the way they handled Freddy was awful in that he targeted children to be a molester instead of a serial killer. Plus the CGI and the underwater scene which made the original movie far better. But it was shot well and the epic showdown wasn't all that much. It was a good attempt, but it makes you think about the original one's too much. It was far better.

• Jun 22, 2019

It did exactly the same as the original just with annoying characters that I want to die

• Jun 19, 2019

this is the worst remake i've ever seen

this is the worst remake i've ever seen

• Jun 18, 2019

There was literally no point in this remake whatsoever, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

• May 01, 2019

Seven years after Freddy VS. Jason, Freddy Krueger comes back to haunt our screen. Let's make it clear, this 2010 remake does not compare to the original, but does offer a more frightening take on it. In complete honesty, I don't think this movie is bad but rather unnecessary. I understand that this movie is a remake, but it felted practically copied-pasted. Plus, this Nightmare On Elm Street feel more like a horror movie than a slasher. On the positive side, I did like the new Freddy. He was more frightening and still had those cheesy one liner that everyone loved without being too much. Unfortunately, I don't think a reboot is a good idea since the story that Wes Craven once told is over. There is not much to say anymore and re-telling the story with a few new details is not something I want.

• May 01, 2019

Despite the number of harsh reviews towards this movie I found it a lot better than some of the other movies in the series (Freddy's Dead). By far this is the scariest movie in the franchise. This Freddy is a lot darker and more realistic which is what I think that Robert Englund's Freddy lacked. This version of Freddy will really give me nightmares like all of the movies are supposed to.