No Country for Old Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Country for Old Men Reviews

½ April 17, 2017
a bit slow for me from beginning to end. The suspense was there, and I liked the airgun shots. I guess it's not a memorable one, like some others I've seen recently. I don't know how this got to be the film of the year though tons of ppl will argue over that!
April 10, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of their work, but the Coen brothers have made much better films than No Country For Old Men. This has to be one of their worst. It is certainly the most boring. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
April 9, 2017
Would have liked to see fight seen at motel, especially with a main character losing life. I liked the ending but didn't at the same time! Wonder how much was cut out of this film?
½ March 27, 2017
2.89 --- The story is hollow and the film leaves you wanting more.
March 25, 2017
I fricking love this movie.
½ March 24, 2017
Exceptional movie with 3-4 different memorable characters. Tommy Lee Jones plays an elderly sheriff who is too old to chase murderers. Josh Brolin plays a guy who gets "lucky" when he finds a case with a lot of cash. Javier Bardem plays the evil mass murderer who no one can stop or even understand. I think the Coen Brothers wanted to show the innocence of the Southwest and how its unprepared for such a danger. Wonderful film.
March 23, 2017
This was a stunning film that kinda blew me away on all levels just from the first viewing.

The deliberate, matter-of-fact death-dealing is so unrelenting you're left on the edge of your seat almost from the first frame right down to the very last.

Recommended.
March 18, 2017
You will lose in a coin toss in this western thriller on the new wave of villainy in society
March 13, 2017
While still an excellent movie, it could have been one of the all-time greats if they include either gun battle. And of course if not for that horrible, horrible ending. It's like everything just leads to disappointment.
½ March 11, 2017
An excellent Coen Brothers film that covers many of the same themes as Fargo, but with less humor for the audience. Instead, we have characters who who more faithfully follow their own particular codes, especially the villain of the piece, excellently played by Bardem. The Coen Brothers have a darker feel here than Fargo, and the characters are more seriously drawn. The key scene is the one of our last sight of Carla Jean, beautifully played by Kelly MacDonald. She is the only innocent character in the film, and she refuses make any compromises either. She remains true to what she believes. The scene of Bardem leaving her house is key and very understated. This is a movie that I'm very glad I saw, despite the fact that crime films are generally not my favorite genre, because it is definitely worth seeing!
March 5, 2017
Long and slower but it kept your interest
March 1, 2017
A cinematic masterpiece....until the ending.
½ February 28, 2017
This movie has you in the realm of reality throughout the length of it. Very suspenseful, only problem was the ending. Could've ended better.
February 28, 2017
The Coen Brother's know how to keep audiences on the edge of their seats.
February 24, 2017
a well written and directed film with strong performances by Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, and Tommy Lee Jones
February 23, 2017
Philosophizing over deontology, virtue ethics, and above all nihilism, this masterful film put together with meticulous care by the coen brothers is sure to entertain and make you think. An incredibly restrained performance from Tommy Lee Jones and a scene stealing one from Javier Bardem is sure to keep you glued to the screen and your ear attentive to every word.
February 22, 2017
An incredible film. This is more than just an action film. When I first saw this I was puzzled by the ending and slightly frustrated by it, but I actually started to think about it and it makes sense now. It's a character study and possibly even a parable for the incomprehensible evil that unfortunately inhabits our world today. The acting is incredible and it's ridiculously intense. It's incredible how deep and well thought-out this movie is. Film making at its finest.
February 19, 2017
Almost flawless. I think it was well made. Javier Bardem's role is what I'll remember the most. It's not the greatest of stories, but it's extremely well made as I've said before.
February 15, 2017
So I read all the great reviews of this movies. I really enjoyed it until the last 30 minutes. Just not impressed with the ending. Great acting. Especially Javier Bardem. Played a great psychopath. The ending really just did nothing for me.
February 13, 2017
One of the great films bolstered by one of the greatest performances of all time.