No Country for Old Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Country for Old Men Reviews

January 16, 2017
Possibly the best film the Coen Brothers have ever made, No Country for Old Men holds an extremely captivating story with intense dialogue, effective symbolism and underlying messages that will make you think for days.
January 14, 2017
The Coen Brothers accomplish an impressive feat with one of the most intense and visceral films of the last decade. Featuring minimal dialogue, a foreboding tone, and one of the best villains potrayed in recent memory (Javier Bardem). No Country for Old Men is simply unique, and that is hard to come by in the Western Genre.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.5/10 - 4.5/5
January 8, 2017
One of my favorite movies
January 8, 2017
With a well-written screenplay, gorgeous cinematography and an unnerving performance from Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men is neo-Western masterpiece and one of the Coen's best movies in their filmography.
January 6, 2017
A hyper-realistic thrill ride, a movie without anything to take me out of it, it is pure cinema.
½ January 2, 2017
Interesting, good writing and acting BUT lacking on an ending closure and with too many questions pondering. Plus to lead up Josh Brolin's character just for him to die without any drama and rather just going with "it is what it is" scenario instead. That made the film weaker than it could have been. That and the non closure ending. 6 1/2 out of 10.
January 2, 2017
No Country for Old Men is so great because of the equally great performances.
½ December 29, 2016
great movie. did not enjoy.
December 28, 2016
Another Coen's masterpiece. With my hometown actor Javier Bardem giving 200% in this performance.
December 26, 2016
Great film all around with an alternating dynamic interplay between sullen thoughtful scenes and more visceral action scenes---all of which engaging in their different expressions of darker moods. I watched it years, but it was very much worth rewatching.
December 26, 2016
This film is dark, serious, and captivating because of all the unseen production qualities found in the masterful direction, writing, and camera work. It's a beautiful film and the villain is terrifying.
December 20, 2016
Though it makes me laugh on occasion, it is sadly nostalgic.
December 18, 2016
The Coen Brothers are masters of irony and prime explorers of contingency. As in Burn After Reading, this movie is a fast-acquired taste.
December 12, 2016
Beautifully sparse and grim.
½ December 12, 2016
Acting was incredible, the ending not so much.. I mean I understand the whole purpose is that the story wasn't suppose to mean anything and it was a play on the cat and mouse style movie.. I just figured there would be more meat.
½ December 11, 2016
Great movie but a little elitist and not worth watching more than once in a while
December 10, 2016
Otra gran película de parte de los hermanos Coen. Con un villano bastante único y que llama la atención desde el inicio de la película.
½ December 8, 2016
Excellent film, one of the best from the Coen brothers.
½ December 7, 2016
Great movie. I have watched it 100 times.