No Country for Old Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Country for Old Men Reviews

February 24, 2017
a well written and directed film with strong performances by Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, and Tommy Lee Jones
February 23, 2017
Philosophizing over deontology, virtue ethics, and above all nihilism, this masterful film put together with meticulous care by the coen brothers is sure to entertain and make you think. An incredibly restrained performance from Tommy Lee Jones and a scene stealing one from Javier Bardem is sure to keep you glued to the screen and your ear attentive to every word.
February 22, 2017
An incredible film. This is more than just an action film. When I first saw this I was puzzled by the ending and slightly frustrated by it, but I actually started to think about it and it makes sense now. It's a character study and possibly even a parable for the incomprehensible evil that unfortunately inhabits our world today. The acting is incredible and it's ridiculously intense. It's incredible how deep and well thought-out this movie is. Film making at its finest.
February 19, 2017
Almost flawless. I think it was well made. Javier Bardem's role is what I'll remember the most. It's not the greatest of stories, but it's extremely well made as I've said before.
February 15, 2017
So I read all the great reviews of this movies. I really enjoyed it until the last 30 minutes. Just not impressed with the ending. Great acting. Especially Javier Bardem. Played a great psychopath. The ending really just did nothing for me.
February 13, 2017
One of the great films bolstered by one of the greatest performances of all time.
February 12, 2017
Bleak, well-acted and sometimes darkly funny, No Country For Old Men is a treat for fans of the Coen Brothers. Josh Brolin and Tommy Lee Jones are both excellent, but it's Javier Bardem who owns the movie. He's terrifying, yet weirdly mesmerising and turns his character into one of the best movie villains of the 21st Century. The script boasts just the kind of quotable dialogue one would expect from the Coens, and the tension is nail-biting. I will say, it certainly isn't for the faint of heart, but if you like the Coens and are in the mood for a good thriller, No Country For Old Men will do just fine.
February 10, 2017
I found it a complete bore, from start to finish, one of the most boring movies ive ever seen in fact. As usual Rotten Tomatoes gives the crap movies high ratings. Made me yawn myself to shit.
½ February 6, 2017
Wasn't a big fan of the ending. But other than that, it's a great movie.
February 2, 2017
thrilling, especially the motel room scene
½ January 31, 2017
The Best Picture winner of the 80th Academy Awards. Incredible film about hunters and hunted men surrounding the loss of a great amount of money. A killer, a thief and a sheriff walk into a bar... Javier Bardem's cold and frightening performance definitely made him the best choice for Best Supporting Actor in all the awards ceremonies. A lot of scenes for the audience to think and guess.
January 23, 2017
Maaaaan that whole scene between Javier and Josh in the dead of the night empty downtown is so incredible.
½ January 21, 2017
One of the Coens best
January 16, 2017
Possibly the best film the Coen Brothers have ever made, No Country for Old Men holds an extremely captivating story with intense dialogue, effective symbolism and underlying messages that will make you think for days.
January 14, 2017
The Coen Brothers accomplish an impressive feat with one of the most intense and visceral films of the last decade. Featuring minimal dialogue, a foreboding tone, and one of the best villains potrayed in recent memory (Javier Bardem). No Country for Old Men is simply unique, and that is hard to come by in the Western Genre.
January 8, 2017
One of my favorite movies
January 8, 2017
With a well-written screenplay, gorgeous cinematography and an unnerving performance from Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men is neo-Western masterpiece and one of the Coen's best movies in their filmography.
January 6, 2017
A hyper-realistic thrill ride, a movie without anything to take me out of it, it is pure cinema.
½ January 2, 2017
Interesting, good writing and acting BUT lacking on an ending closure and with too many questions pondering. Plus to lead up Josh Brolin's character just for him to die without any drama and rather just going with "it is what it is" scenario instead. That made the film weaker than it could have been. That and the non closure ending. 6 1/2 out of 10.
January 2, 2017
No Country for Old Men is so great because of the equally great performances.