Nuts Reviews

• Jul 28, 2019

Breathtaking, cruel, revealing!

Breathtaking, cruel, revealing!

• Mar 22, 2019

If you like courtroom dramas you'll like this film. It's one of Streisand's better dramatic roles and couple it with a superb supporting cast.

• Sep 04, 2017

Every scene captures your complete attention; very enjoyable stimulating dialogue. And the most enjoyable part: raw, intense, and mermerazing characters.

• Apr 09, 2015

This piece of work was all Steisand and it's a mess.

This piece of work was all Steisand and it's a mess.

• Sep 07, 2014

It seems to me that the problem with this movie is that it was made about 12 years too late. If what we see had been shot in 1973 to 1977 it might feel sort of "edgy" --- but, it feels almost tragically out-dated for the 1980's. That being said, this is an interesting film. Streisand delivers a solid turn in the tradition of a movie star. This is foul-mouthed melodrama. There are moments of unintended camp - such as every male in an upscale Manhattan bar turning his head to check Babs out. ...This would never happen. But, that scene aside she is believable in the role. If you are at all familiar with top escorts -- they are not all traditional raving beauties. Oddly, had another actor been cast in her role it might have made this movie an easier sell. Dreyfuss is quite effective. And, for all the predictability, this movie does offer up a solid reflection of the implications of sexual child abuse and survival. Also worth nothing that Martin Ritt did not offer up the expected 1980's easy resolution. The question of sanity is never answered. Worth a look.

• May 02, 2014

Sort of disjointed and not always smooth, 'Nuts' is still a decent enough court-room charade. The two leads are fine, the film does offers a number of darkly comic bites, and it's slickly directed by the late Martin Rift. However, its pacing makes for a grinder.

• Sanity Assassin ! Super Reviewer
    Oct 05, 2013

Richard Dreyfuss on fire, Leslie Nielson in a serious role and Barbra Streisand playing her part as per usual effortlessly well

• May 30, 2013

Nuts is an excellent film. It is about a high-class call girl who is accused of murder fights for the right to stand trial rather than be declared mentally incompetent. Barbra Streisand and Richard Dreyfuss give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. Martin Ritt did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama. Nuts is a must see.

• Apr 11, 2013

Streisand produced, developed the script, and composed most of the music for this showpiece, and her efforts, as usual, pay off, above all in her angry and lively performance.

• Dec 01, 2012

This is one of my favorite movies. I enjoy the acting. I think that the movie is funny at times, and serious at other times. I truely enjoyed this movie and I have seen it over and over.