Oblivion (Welcome to Oblivion) Reviews

• Apr 23, 2019

Oblivion is the name of a small space Western town, with Zack (Richard Joseph Paul) seeking retribution.

• Aug 23, 2017

This one is pretty rough going, with a few oddball cameos from older stars taking what feels like roles to keep the lights on, and peppered with bad 'dad joke' kinda humor that probably would 'read' fine in a book, but sounds corny as fuck when you hear people say them out loud. Probably for the completist only.

• Oct 06, 2015

Ooh boy. I remember this being a lot better when I was a kid... lol. Great concept though.

• May 29, 2015

B movie written all over it...

B movie written all over it...

• Feb 25, 2014

150508: I really can't say this film is all that bad. Yesterday I was questioning how films such as Ghost Rock (2004) get created. Well, here is George Takei (Doc Valentine) and Meg Foster (Stell Barr) from Cagney & Lacey fame (as well as Young Riders for you western fans). Some campy special effects and characters add to the simple entertainment held within this film. A hot Musetta Vander appears as Lash and the Adams Family's Carel Struycken as Gaunt. Now I'm thinking of seeking out Oblivion 2...as a matter of fact, I will seek it out.

• Nov 17, 2013

probably the most entertaining and cliche filled attempt at a sci fi western....and Lash is ultra hot for a gunslinging whip wielding goth dominatrix type. George Takei is fun in this film and it has some laughable writing, and really silly type stuff in it, but it is a lot of fun none the less. The type of movie you munch mindlessly on popcorn late at night when you are in the mood for a sci fi or a western. Both genres can be a lot of fun when done properly. so don't expect anything groundbreaking or philosophical...just good fun and a pretty neat arm mutation scene. It is not one of the best films by any means, but it sure beats that Wil Smith big budget Wild West flop. Has a feel of an old Star Trek mixed with Gunsmoke or Bonanza or something. I enjoy it and watch it every so often.

• Sep 10, 2013

clasicc sci fi style movie with a western twist . Its awfuly awesome at the same time with cheesy one liners by George Takei (star trek) and meg foster (evil lyn from master of the universe) how could you ever go wrong . With lead actor none other then Richard Joseph Paul playing hero zach stone (knight rider 2010" from 1994) . Despite its obviously low budget this is classic in the closets of nerds from the 90s .

• Sep 02, 2013

Absolutely awful. George Takei is forced to deliver lame Star Trek lines time and again throughout the unbelievably bad script. This movie is the disowned offspring of the Star Trek episodes that even Trekkies admit were stupid, and Batman TV shows that were left on the cutting room floor.

• Jan 08, 2012

gets that rating cause some of it is just really stupid-funny, plus it has a frog-crab puppet that is quite amazing. But it also doesn't do any favors to Peter David's script, which is only halfway decent anyway. Thankfully George Takei is there to partly save the day, if only for his scenes.

• Jan 07, 2012

88% And this is where RT bans me for life. "The right world view, the worng world."-Zack Stone (Richard Joseph Paul) Before there was COWBOYS AND ALIENS, there was OBLIVION, a fun, tongue in cheek tale of cowboys and aliens. The movie knows what it is and embraces it with loving arms. My secound favorite (can't beat PUPPET MASTER) movie to come from the Full Moon company. Great B-movie cast of charactor actors. "Jim...Beam me up."-Doc Valentine (George Takei)