One Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Life Reviews

½ June 3, 2016
Great! Would recommend to everyone. I love learning amazing facts about the creatures with which we share our world. I wish more people would open their eyes to what we are doing to this planet. Without the other species we share this planet with we will suffer and eventually die. We are truly all linked.
June 5, 2015
A superb documentary with some breathtaking shots. A must watch.
December 10, 2014
Incredible cinematography of animals/insects around the world and their strange eating and/or mating habits. The absolute best nature movie I've ever seen! Incredible! How did they get the camera in the drops of water captured in leaves to watch the tadpole eat! And the pebble frog fall into the water. Marvelous!
February 24, 2014
As an unabashed fan of nature documentaries, I was utterly entranced by this BBC Earth production, focusing on natures' never ending battle for survival.

If one looked hard enough they could maybe find flaws. The animal stories seemed connected only in the vaguest sense, and Daniel Craig lacks the natural narration charm of Sir David Attenborough. But that's not the point of nature documentaries.

If you are a fan of the format, then you'll find yourself watching capuchin monkeys utilizing tools (or trying to) and Grebes doing a mesmerizing love dance on the surface of the water. Also, the usual mix of cute elephants, dolphins and frogs.

It's educational, and a more than worthy entry into the pantheon of nature documentaries.
May 27, 2013
A little wonder of a nature documentary, beautifully filmed and composed. Following a large variety of animals, some well known, some very obscure, through different stages of life: from the care for the offspring to the struggle for food or the search for mates. While we only get short glimpses into their respective lives, what we see and learn still fills us with a sense of wonder, leaving us in awe of the beauty of nature. Thankfully, the narration is limited to the very basic information, never gets preachy or too lyrical. Very well done. Impressive and memorable.
May 17, 2013
One of the best documentary on animals and their survival. Amazing cinematography.
½ May 9, 2013
One Life BBC nature documentary written and directed by Michael Gunton. Narrated by Daniel Craig.

Documentary covers the struggle of different species on the planet earth who look for foods and survival (out of more than 5 million species) some parenting, diverging from predators, intelligence used by these species to get the best out of their raw foods, like some monkeys cracking seeds with heavy boulder, and them escaping freezing temperature by staying in a steamy pond, the way of attracting mighty male by female whales and swans, the romance and so on, ants cutting down stalks of grass much larger to ward-off poisonous air released by fungus,

One Life is pure lesson to understand the beautiful and yet bizarre side of animal ecosystem, which slightly different from human-ecology. Film gives excellent note of different species in short BUT explanatory episodes with dazzling voice and crispy narration from Daniel Craig. For many of the audience this is great wonderment to watch and accumulate knowledge about the dwellings of species of our beloved planet, in a simple logical way.

I recommend this to everyone, and irrespective of your taste in documentaries, this documentary needs to be seen for it lays its weight heavier on nature (that we're part of).
April 22, 2013

mn bgcx x n jc v
April 11, 2013
Amazing Documentary, feels like you are actually experiencing nature. Love it!!
April 11, 2013
if you've seen some of the other BBC earth movies this is just rehashed clips.
March 18, 2013
One of the best documentary films I've ever seen in my life.
March 17, 2013
It is a wonderfully photographed wild life movie. The narration is ordinary but the story of nurture in nature is beautifully told in great pictures.
March 3, 2013
From a book to a movie, surprisingly good!!
½ February 27, 2013
Amazing footage.... Breathtaking!
February 25, 2013
daniel craig never disappoints
February 18, 2013
I think this is going to be a good movie because I love animals
February 15, 2013
OMG it looks amazing. I can't wat to see this movie .
February 14, 2013
Wonderful imagery and photography, as well as assured narration means one life is a feast for the eyes and the film never forces you to admire nature, you are so gripped that you do that yourself.
January 7, 2013
Yes , i found another 5 star movie-documentary !!!
Great , Lovely