One Life Reviews

• Jun 05, 2015

A superb documentary with some breathtaking shots. A must watch.

A superb documentary with some breathtaking shots. A must watch.

• Dec 10, 2014

Incredible cinematography of animals/insects around the world and their strange eating and/or mating habits. The absolute best nature movie I've ever seen! Incredible! How did they get the camera in the drops of water captured in leaves to watch the tadpole eat! And the pebble frog fall into the water. Marvelous!

• Feb 24, 2014

As an unabashed fan of nature documentaries, I was utterly entranced by this BBC Earth production, focusing on natures' never ending battle for survival. If one looked hard enough they could maybe find flaws. The animal stories seemed connected only in the vaguest sense, and Daniel Craig lacks the natural narration charm of Sir David Attenborough. But that's not the point of nature documentaries. If you are a fan of the format, then you'll find yourself watching capuchin monkeys utilizing tools (or trying to) and Grebes doing a mesmerizing love dance on the surface of the water. Also, the usual mix of cute elephants, dolphins and frogs. It's educational, and a more than worthy entry into the pantheon of nature documentaries.

• Jens S Super Reviewer
    May 27, 2013

A little wonder of a nature documentary, beautifully filmed and composed. Following a large variety of animals, some well known, some very obscure, through different stages of life: from the care for the offspring to the struggle for food or the search for mates. While we only get short glimpses into their respective lives, what we see and learn still fills us with a sense of wonder, leaving us in awe of the beauty of nature. Thankfully, the narration is limited to the very basic information, never gets preachy or too lyrical. Very well done. Impressive and memorable.

• May 17, 2013

One of the best documentary on animals and their survival. Amazing cinematography.

• Apr 11, 2013

Amazing Documentary, feels like you are actually experiencing nature. Love it!!

Amazing Documentary, feels like you are actually experiencing nature. Love it!!

• Apr 11, 2013

if you've seen some of the other BBC earth movies this is just rehashed clips.

if you've seen some of the other BBC earth movies this is just rehashed clips.

• Apr 10, 2013

Great! Would recommend to everyone. I love learning amazing facts about the creatures with which we share our world. I wish more people would open their eyes to what we are doing to this planet. Without the other species we share this planet with we will suffer and eventually die. We are truly all linked.

• Mar 18, 2013

One of the best documentary films I've ever seen in my life.

One of the best documentary films I've ever seen in my life.

• Mar 17, 2013

It is a wonderfully photographed wild life movie. The narration is ordinary but the story of nurture in nature is beautifully told in great pictures.