Operation Red Sea Reviews

• Jun 19, 2019

En termes de cinéma pur, Operation Red Sea est un film formidable, quasiment au niveau de son aîné, l'exceptionnel Operation Mekong. Mais Operation Red Sea doit être jugé au niveau du discours qu'il déploie, celui-ci aussi nauséabond qu'un Wolf Warrior II. Malgré toutes ses fabuleuses scènes d'action (ce film ne s'arrête JAMAIS), son sens de la mise en scène (Dante Lam est le meilleur réalisateur d'action dans le monde aujourd'hui), ce discours non seulement patriotique mais surtout nationaliste fait passer Operation Red Sea pour un film de Leni Riefenstahl mis en image par Michael Bay 2.0. De ce fait, le film est un peu compliqué à apprécier à sa juste valeur. Regardez plutôt Operation Mekong.

• Apr 06, 2019

It was a step of improvement in Chinese war films, but it still contained most of the styles of Chinese cinematography. Not even close in achieving the "audience on edge" effect despite of what it offers. Worth half a star, another half for effort.

• Mar 10, 2019

A Middle Eastern country falls into civil war. (Although this is filmed in Morocco and boy, does it look like Morocco.) A SEAL team is sent in to evacuate Chinese civilians out of the country. There's also a secondary storyline involving terrorists trying to get hold of radioactive material. This movie borrows so much from other movies. It starts with Captain Phillips, continues with Black Hawk Down, and throws in American Sniper and Hurt Locker for good measure. It does move, I will give it that. The second half of the film is nothing but explosions.

• Feb 26, 2019

I love this movie. I watched it twice in 5 hours. I don't know why people are hating on this movie

• Feb 24, 2019

Blood & guts war movie! Love it. Based on actual events with the Chinese Navy Special Forces operating in the Red Sea and Yemen to rescue embassy personnel. There are some buget cgi, over the top moments and propaganda, but good action and special effects balance the negatives. The military tactics are believable. Appears the actors actually had some training. Makes a world of difference in realism where all war movies should set the bar. Overall, enjoyable popcorn flick.

• Jan 18, 2019

Seems to have been produced by China's Ministry of Propaganda. Crude and simple-minded.

• Jan 06, 2019

A well produced and riveting watch. First heard of, and saw, this film on a WestJet flight while on vacation. Quite gorey and I'm sure something is lost in the translation to English closed captions, but I would recommend it to anyone. The Chinese are coming: that's for certain.

• Jan 03, 2019

A 'Gift' for the 90th Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army. Somewhat exciting, after you get past the cheap CGI, pro-china muscle flexing, terrible music, and action that gets more ridiculous as time and budget run out lol.

• Dec 16, 2018

Lam must have watched all Bay movies for reaching his sleazy level. (Mauro Lanari)

• Dec 03, 2018

A movie with great cast, enormously large budget, unfortunately it was turned off before I made it half way..