People Places Things Reviews

• Apr 25, 2018

An enjoyable dysfunctional family/romantic comedy.

An enjoyable dysfunctional family/romantic comedy.

• Aug 21, 2017

Charming indie flick. Jemaine Clement is great

Charming indie flick. Jemaine Clement is great

• May 07, 2017

Smart writing. Clement is effortlessly funny.

Smart writing. Clement is effortlessly funny.

• Apr 01, 2017

Interesting at times, but I could have safely passed on watching this one.

Interesting at times, but I could have safely passed on watching this one.

• Jan 31, 2017

Been a while since I watched this so a bit hard to remember everything. I remember Clement giving us a very likable character who is still struggling with heartbreak from his wife. It seemed like a pretty accurate portrayal of how hard it can be to move on. I'm sure the story has been told many times, but Clement brings that likability and it's just a nice watch.

• Nov 24, 2016

That was a pretty damned cute movie.

That was a pretty damned cute movie.

• Oct 20, 2016

A witty script that offers a rare perspective on a more realistic love story through comedic scenes and dramatic events. Jemaine Clement was phenomenal in his portrayal as a naive but softhearted father working to cope with his wife's infidelity. His character was the highlight of the movie and I very much enjoyed every minute of it.

• Sep 20, 2016

Much more of a better character study than its familiar counterparts. Way too often however, the writing falls apart and moves into pointless territory of useless conversation. If interested in similar genres I highly recommend watching ones like 'The Squid and the Whale'.

• Sep 14, 2016

Clement is enjoyable as the lead (per usual) in this quirky drama comedy about family issues. It's a fun Indy film, it's just nothing new.

• Aug 12, 2016

Love, love, love Jemaine Clement. This is a nice little movie, and I definitely will watch it again.