Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters Reviews

½ January 14, 2017
This movie is even worse then the first one and as a fan of the books it is nothing alike them the acting is terrible, the story and everything.
January 2, 2017
It looks rotten but it's got Alexandra Daddario in it and that alone deserves a star.
½ December 26, 2016
Had some fun moments. But overall poorly made.
½ December 10, 2016
12/10/2016: An ok movie. While it was just ok, I still hope there is another film to close out the trilogy.
December 6, 2016
This movie made me, a Percy Jackson fan, very sad. From a casual viewer standpoint, the movie isn't too bad, just a little rushed and poor acting at times. But from a PJ gan standpoint, this movie was terrible. The movie was filled with inaccuracies after inaccuracies. I'm gonna say the bad first, then get to the limited good. The movie was so rushed with plot, that the characters feel boring and we don't get to understand them. A movie like this should be at least over 2 hours because of all the story. But instead, the director decides to just cut those scenes out. Percy going to a normal school with tyson as his main friend, grover looking for pan, percy NOT knowing his destiny from the oracle until later, circe's island, chrion's family, the sirens, annabeth tricking polymorpheus by calling herself nobody, and luke having an entire cruise ship, rather than a yacht. All of those things were not in the movie. Instead, percy finds out his prophecy IN THIS MOVIE, his time comes when he turns 20, not 16, grover was captured by luke, and oh yeah, kronos was successfully brought back then sealed back in his coffin within minutes. Now to the good things, Dionysus was perfectly cast and portrayed, chiron was pretty good, they managed to fix some things from the last movie, hermes was great, and clarisse was fine. I really hope they don't continue this series because nobody can get it right. You only get one chance at a first impression, and this movie failed making a good first impression, unlike something like harry potter.
½ November 13, 2016
I would've liked it a bit more... if it actually followed the books.
½ November 5, 2016
While it's basically going through the motions, PJ&TSOM is fun and definitely a movie for fans of the amazing books that deserve soooo much better. But hey! I was just hoping it'll follow the books and be better than Lighting Bolt Thief. Sooo... I'm satisfied

"B" is my final grade
October 15, 2016
All and all its good movie.
September 28, 2016
I like this teen Greek demi-god series.
September 14, 2016
After reading the books and seeing the first movie, I had much higher hopes for this film. The acting and special effects were good, but the plot was underdeveloped and strayed too far away from the already in place story line in the book. As well, the actors are much too old to portray the supposedly thirteen year olds of the story.
½ August 18, 2016
Even worse than the first one.
August 4, 2016
This is a type a film that is so bad its sort of good making its decent plot clear and understandable it doesn't give us enough emotion and adventure to make us enjoy the film but it was enjoyable even though the CGI effects were horrible and it isn't a film worth watching in theaters but something to watch during in the family night dinner on a Thursday.
½ July 25, 2016
Nothing Really Happens.
This is one of the worst movies of 2013.

Score: 2.5/10
½ July 19, 2016
if you wanna make a productive franchise like harry potter or the hunger games, this one is pretty far of that.
½ July 14, 2016
If you read the book and watch it thinking "it's not Percy Jackson but a completely different series", you might as well like it. Otherwise, your going to burn in anger.
June 24, 2016
It's good but the first movie was better.The plot is nice but the stupid jokes ruin it.But it's a awy to spend your afternoon
½ June 8, 2016
That was an amazing adventure movie! For my first experience with Percy, I was surprised by that world of demigods and weird creatures and everything. It is the main reason of my attraction to that movie. Just some fun and supernatural adventure!
Aventure surnaturelle
C'était un étonnant film d'aventure ! Pour ma première expérience avec Percy Jackson, j'ai été étonnée par ce monde de demi-Dieu, de créatures étranges etc. C'était la raison première de ma fascination pour ce film. Plus pleins de fun et d'aventure surnaturelle!
½ April 29, 2016
que decepcion porque la primera me gusto
April 25, 2016
it won't et me watch it dude why why why tell me y
½ April 7, 2016
The CGI looked bad and most the characters should be dead. Annabeth, Grover, Tyson (Nobody cares about him). Finally it was nothing like the book. But you can still find a couple fun things in this movie.