Pet Sematary Reviews

• 1d ago

The newest Pet Semetary is nothing like the book or the original but I guess it's entertaining

• 3d ago

Amazing until right at the end, with a ending that leaves a sour taste :(

Amazing until right at the end, with a ending that leaves a sour taste :(

• 3d ago

Wouldn't even say it passed the time, fell asleep first two times I tried to watch it. Takes forever to get going, and even then doesn't really get going.. such a let down

Boring movie and the changes to the story are lame

Boring movie and the changes to the story are lame

• 4d ago

Most Remakes fail to live up to the legacy of the original. PET SEMATARY is not most remakes. I enjoyed every minuet of PET SEMATARY as much as I enjoyed the original. In fact I prefer the remake, because everything is scarier in the remake than the original PET SEMATARY. And the reason why that is because the remake focuses more on creating atmosphere and building tension whereas the original focuses more on Gorn than creating suspence thru creating atmosphere. For instance Victor Pascow is alot scarier than he was in the original PET SEMATARY and I think it's because in the remake the actor was focused more on maintaining a menacing presence while he was trying to prevent Louis from resurrecting the dead. Whereas in the original the actor was more focused on portraying Victor Pascow as friendly spirit even though he still creepy. Rachael's sister Zelda is alot scarier and I love how Rachael blames herself for her sisters death by falling down a dumbwaiter shaft even though I believe Zelda intentionally committed suicide. Church is scarier to, he's not just a generic black cat. He's a Persion Longhair. And Persion Longhair's are mean SOB's When Church dies and is resurrected his fur is way more shabbier, grungier, and dirtier because his fur is longer this makes his appearance more menacing. Church is also just more mean and it's implied he intentionally lures Ellie into the middle of the road to getvhit by a truck Church has more personality than he did in the original. I also love how Ellie is the one who dies and is resurrected instead of Gage. She is not played for laughs at all like Gage was in the original I LOVE The original PET SEMATARY but I think The remake has better atmosphere, more suspence and tighter pacing.

• 4d ago

Watchable but not a hell of a lot more than that. Pales in comparison to the original.

• 4d ago

For the most part I rather enjoyed Pet Sematary. The cast is the standout here, even with a pretty poor script. There were some generally scary scenes and horror elements used, but the forest scenes were terrible. I think that was a golden opportunity to really draw the viewers in and unearth/flesh out the supernatural elements. Instead, it was wasted by what looked like five dollar CGI. Overall I was generally entertained and the movie moves along at a pretty good pace.

• 5d ago

The thing about remakes is it has to surpass the original in every way possible!!! This movie did nothing for the franchise at all!!! This movie should have been left alone!!!

• 5d ago

Pet Sematary takes its source material and tries to kick it up a notch, yet, it fails while trying to do so. But before we get into the negatives let's talk about the bright sides, such as an incredible and touching/raw performance from Amy Seimetz, some clever and fun ways to pay homage to its predecessor, how imagery was used to unsettle the audience, and that it didn't always rely on jump scares. Having said that, it still wasn't enough to revive this story due to unnecessary over-stylized scenarios, a plot that surprisingly doesn't reward -even when it was pretty unpredictable at some points- and which had some holes in it. Personally, I was pretty fascinated by the new take on the story, and if they would have kept the grief as the core of it all while all these crazy paranormal things happen to be worsening and worsening everything till a breaking point Pet Sematary would have been so good, I just know it, there was so much room to make this a really heavy and unsettlingly film and it saddens me to see this went for a pretty safe route.

• 5d ago

The problem with this movie was that it was cliched, the script was average, and it just wasn't scary. A wasted opportunity with the same old jump scares, no clever twists, and just a mere cash grab. 1/5