Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Reviews

• Mar 30, 2021

Surely the best of the series, with a perfect plot, amazing action scenes and a great vilain

• Mar 03, 2021

Just brilliant. Just as good as Curse of the Black Pearl! Ignore the negative reviews and the stupid critics.

• Mar 03, 2021

Unironically, this film has the same value as the first. Pirate lovers will love it, but that doesn't mean the story doesn't drag with its extremely long screen time. Don't feel bad about checking your phone at some points, we all did it.

• Feb 13, 2021

Nowhere near as good as the phenomenal first movie but it's still a good movie. Like the first movie, the visuals, costume, makeup and set designs are incredibly impressive, the acting is just as good, the film is honestly funnier than the first, it's a much darker and another intriguing storyline, the characters are just as great and have clear motivations and once again, we get amazing pirate action scenes especially with the Kraken and I love the ending where Sparrow comes back to ‘defeat' the Kraken. However, the execution of this movie kind of falls flat. There's so many character motivations that it is hard to keep up with them all at times, we don't see Davy Jones until an hour after the movie is over, the whole tribe scene was so tonally inappropriate, even if it was funny, but so useless to the story so that was a waste of 15 minutes and this film has the annoying tendency to not explain/show how characters get to certain places at times. Regardless, it's still a good movie that does a lot right but is nowhere near as good as the first.

Really good funny and a little weird at some parts

Really good funny and a little weird at some parts

• Feb 13, 2021

I think nobody realizes that this movie is exactly what people expect from entertainment cinema. It has a great plot - not too heavy but not dumb either -, it has awesome characters to create meaningful conflicts and great interactions, it mixes absurd and tragedy - and it works! -, and it is *gorgeous*.

• Feb 10, 2021

Not as good as the first or third but the third one wouldn't be as great without it.

• Feb 09, 2021

Honestly, the second Pirates movie outshines the first in many ways. The first is a classic but this one continues to expand the world that Pirates is set in as well as has a bigger budget, which results in more flesh out and better-produced scenes. This movie has the best fight scene out of all the pirates' movies. It is well choreographed and worth its 2 hour run time. The actors are more comfortable in their characters and the writers know exactly where they want to take the plot. A fantastic movie that is full of surprises even to those who love the franchise. The movies keep getting better!

• Feb 08, 2021

It is a wonderful sequel that is bigger and more expanded than it's original, and it has almost as good as scenes in At World's End and in On Stranger Tides. But the best will remain The first movie, The Curse Of The Black Pearl, for scaring us to the limit with creepy skeletons and a lot of lovable characters but still the sequel stands out for being good. it is one of my favorites, might not be one of yours though

• Jan 29, 2021

I had a blast with this film! Great acting, character moments, suspense, and totally cool pirate action! Not to mention the humor of Johnny Depp we all know and love!