Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Reviews

January 7, 2017
The worst Pirates of the Caribbean movie. There is no Elizabeth Swann or Will Turner, just Jack Sparrow, Gibbs, and Barbossa. It was pretty boring, until it got interesting in the end. Overall it's an "okay" movie.
January 3, 2017
POTC 4 Has Blackbeard in it and Jack Sparrow's love interest, Mermaids, but no Will, Elizabeth, Black Pearl crew (except for Gibbs).

This movie takes place in the 1700s and there were zombies in this film (I liked the idea). Did Zombies even existed back then?

I think this is a start to a new POTC trilogy... or are there supposed to be 7 made? Who knows who else will return in POTC 5? Maybe Angelica. This next movie could be like the Fast & Furious movies and focus on Will Turner's adventures,
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 20, 2016
A movie that has no reason to exist but to make money, especially if you consider the unnecessary 3D. Everything is so silly and predictable, the characters are mostly annoying, and you know something is very wrong when even the action scenes feel repetitious and underwhelming.
December 17, 2016
Perhaps it is because I had such low expectations of the film prior to seeing it, and while I like Cruz, she is a terrible cast for her role.Still, this film was better than its confusing predecessor. Luckily Depp and Rush carry a fast paced film that could have used more character development regarding the Spanish, Phillip, and the mermaids..
December 16, 2016
I had low expectations for this movie and lived up to it. The first movie was amazing and has gone downhill since. This did not add anything new to this movie series. It was predictable and just plain boring at parts.
½ December 3, 2016
Tired and rote exertion by all parties involved. Incoherent narrative interrupted by tedious and poorly choreographed action sequences whose weaknesses are accentuated by the heavy-handed scoring and sound effects intended to cover up those very flaws. Barely reminds the audience of the charm of the original.
November 21, 2016
Pretty disappointing.
½ November 20, 2016
Entretenida pero no es la mejor....
October 25, 2016
Really I love this saga, but...I have a problem with this part...I love it...only...I don't Know, i needed somtihg more or something different :/
October 12, 2016
The fourth Pirates film loses its way and miss the charisma that Bloom and Knightley bring. It's just Depp this time around and is often boring with a lack of fun that the previous films have.
½ October 4, 2016
Literally couldn't get through the entire thing in one sitting, so boring compared to the ones that came before it. None of the new characters were interesting in my opinion and Jack couldnt hold up the story on his own, especially one as lazy as this one.

You might be thinking that half a star is too harsh for a mediocre film, but they didn't have to make this movie until they had a script worthy of continuing the series and they jumped straight in anyway.
jamrcla
October 3, 2016
A below par Pirates movie, Not as good as I hoped it would be but much better than At Worlds End, Johnny Depp does well to carry on the series without most of the original cast involved, The 3D was ok but not great or used an awful lot, Nothing special but worth a look (Just).
October 2, 2016
Better than At Worlds End, On Strangers Tides exceeds in every way, bring on the next adventure!
½ September 17, 2016
Perhaps as entertaining and satisfying as a bowl of goat's spit on a cold winters day. It looks flashy and full of colorful music, acting, and decor with nothing of nutritious value or taste.
½ September 10, 2016
After seeing 2 & 3, I vowed not to see Pirates 4. However, I succumbed. Chiefly because I wanted to go to the cinemas and had a free ticket and there was nothing better to see. I thought it would be ok. After all, this film didn't have Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightly. I had hopes that two wet rags would replace them and that the film would be a lot better than its two predeccessors. I was disappointed, twice. Firstly, there were no wet rags and secondly, the film was as dull as dog shit. Part of the reason is that there is no plot or character development. If you are making a film with a character in it for the 4th time, they need to develop and expand in some way. But no, it's just the same Jack Sparrow and Barbossa but worse, because they are riding on the coat tails of their success and originality of the first film but are falling far too short. The worst part is that I know I will go and see Pirates 5 when it comes out and I know that I will hate it.
September 5, 2016
No excuse for it's existence, barely watchable
½ September 1, 2016
so much talent wasted and chewing scenery....makes it obvious that Will and Elizabeth were the heart of the first 3.....
Tyler H.
½ August 20, 2016
A horrible film in my opinion. This uneccesary sequel to a very successful trilogy ruins the whole first three movies reputation. Its plot simply has no interesting points and its action is way off from the first three movies. Very disappointing. And its hefty budget is wasted as I was expecting better.
August 15, 2016
On Stranger Tides was not that bad but wasn't good either. I still enjoyed seeing Captain Jack Sparrow but the plot was okay. I hope on the next pirate movie they do a better job.