Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Reviews

½ August 15, 2017
POTC 4 Has Blackbeard in it and Jack Sparrow's love interest, Mermaids, but no Will, Elizabeth, Black Pearl crew (except for Gibbs).

This movie takes place in the 1700s and there were zombies in this film (I liked the idea). Did Zombies even existed back then?

I think this is a start to a new POTC trilogy... or are there supposed to be 7 made? Who knows who else will return in POTC 5? Maybe Angelica. This next movie could be like the Fast & Furious movies and focus on Will Turner's adventures,
½ August 11, 2017
Its not the best of the franchise...it could also be considered the worst....HOWEVER ive been able to find alot to enjoy in the installment.
August 6, 2017
Rather average movie
½ July 30, 2017
Bottom half fish, top half human. Oh, you're talking about the movie?
½ July 29, 2017
This is a very boring film. The comedy in this one did not work as well and would have been better if Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly where in it.

5.3/10
July 17, 2017
I'm going to need to rewatch this movie.

Well, I rewatched this movie. And I thought it was just ok. It had fun action scenes and the 3D was really cool but the plot is kinda faded and thin but it's not too bad. The new characters were pretty cool to me. Of course Johnny Depp gives a pretty good performance as Jack Sparrow yet again. But really overall, this is just another pirates movie. This plot is kind of thin but being a pirates movie fan, I'm just going to give this a C+. It's really mostly the action sequences that hold it up though. This movie is just ok. I think it has replay value though so that's good. But the 5th movie is much better.
July 14, 2017
Depp still charms and the visual spectrum is still dazzling, but unfortunately, it does not quite redeem the franchise.
June 30, 2017
Johnny Depp is still welcome to keep reprising Jack Sparrow. Its just not quite a necessary film. It's fun enough, but not as grand or spectacular as the first three. However, at least it doesn't meander on in pointless extrapolation like the third movie did.
June 27, 2017
Honestly, this is my first Pirates movie I've seen. Visuals are good and the film is not too comedic, timing it in good places.
June 26, 2017
I think this is where the franchise started to fall apart. This movie is still entertaining to watch, but it lacks anything appealing that the first three films had.
June 26, 2017
Horrible film, it was by far the worst of the series, and was very long, boring, and unnecessary. Hopefully the fifth installment will be better.
½ June 24, 2017
While the first three films painted a sprawling epic with thrilling subplots and laudable character development, this disjointed and haphazardly thrown-together sequel can barely be considered part of the same franchise. It's fun, but it's wildly inadequate.
June 22, 2017
This is another one people are 50/50 about but I enjoyed it. I thought it was farfetched in some parts but it was a good movie. I like it jsut as much as the other 3. I was a little disappointed about the way the fountain of youth looked. Depp and Rush are hilarious as usual. Good movie
June 22, 2017
If the adding of Penelope Cruz and Ian McShaw to the cast is attractive, it doesn't compensate for the fact that the film obviously isn't. It seems to have little to do with the first three of the franchise since it picks up every myth available (Foutain of Youth, Black Beard) and tries to make something out of it. However, 'On Stranger Tides' is running out of everything that was enjoyable in the original trilogy. Moreover, the absence of Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom is palpable. The two stars go for the little entertainment it can provide. Definitely rotten.
June 20, 2017
I want my money back its sad to say
I wouldn't recommend this movie to any one
June 20, 2017
This is the continuation of Captain Jack Sparrow, it introduces some new characters, but they did not stick with me the same way as the characters in the first 3 movies. It's nice to see some characters from the original 3 movies come back, but it does not live up to the name Pirates of the Caribbean.
June 20, 2017
This movie was alright but it isn't as good as the first three movies. I enjoyed that Jack was his normal self, funny charming and all the sorts, but I did miss Will and Elizabeth.
½ June 18, 2017
This movie is a SLIGHT improvement upon the last movie, but is still not worth your time. Skip this atrocity.
½ June 17, 2017
Lacks the imagination of the first 3.
June 17, 2017