Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Reviews

½ March 17, 2017
"Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" yet again travel on familiar waters in this yet action-packed adventure. It is unfortunate though that every new element they pull in, feels rather dated, unfocused and pointless the least.
½ March 15, 2017
The plot is less messy than POTC 3, told better. Most of the action scenes especially the mermaid scene is too notch with beautifully shot shots. However the lack of Will Turner and Elizabeth from the previous 3 pulls the movie charisma deeply.
March 4, 2017
This is awesome and It got Blackbeard and Mermaids <3
½ February 27, 2017
1.5/5. Easily the worst in the series. Depp, Rush, and Claflin are all great, and the mermaid capture scene is fun, but the rest of movie ranges between boring and stupid and it really never feels like a Pirates movie.
½ February 27, 2017
The film isn't a surprise disappointment based on the standard of the previous sequels. Depp's performance was once mesmerising but now seems a tad annoying. Ian McShane does his best but the story and script fail to allow him to deliver Blackbeard as a terrifying character.
February 22, 2017
I love the pirates of the carribbean
½ February 16, 2017
One of the most underrated blockbusters out there. I honestly cannot begin to comprehend why this is viewed so poorly.
February 6, 2017
This movie is my favorite one but don't get me wrong hay that have all become good movies!! I like the new villain Blackbeard Blackbeard is so creepy and a little funny I think I like how Blackbeard fights Barbosa that is a cool seen they both fight good, and it's very interesting that everyone is after the chalices. My favorite characters were Blackbeard Jack and Angelica. What is funny about this movie is that Blackbeard was a real person along time ago and his real name is Edward teach. This movie will blow you a way! See the trailer to this movie and it may look good to you!
January 27, 2017
This is one of the reasons it terrified me when I heard Disney was taking over the Star Wars and Indiana Jones properties. Disney only cares about pumping out movies and not quality like in the old days.
January 7, 2017
The worst Pirates of the Caribbean movie. There is no Elizabeth Swann or Will Turner, just Jack Sparrow, Gibbs, and Barbossa. It was pretty boring, until it got interesting in the end. Overall it's an "okay" movie.
January 3, 2017
POTC 4 Has Blackbeard in it and Jack Sparrow's love interest, Mermaids, but no Will, Elizabeth, Black Pearl crew (except for Gibbs).

This movie takes place in the 1700s and there were zombies in this film (I liked the idea). Did Zombies even existed back then?

I think this is a start to a new POTC trilogy... or are there supposed to be 7 made? Who knows who else will return in POTC 5? Maybe Angelica. This next movie could be like the Fast & Furious movies and focus on Will Turner's adventures,
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 20, 2016
A movie that has no reason to exist but to make money, especially if you consider the unnecessary 3D. Everything is so silly and predictable, the characters are mostly annoying, and you know something is very wrong when even the action scenes feel repetitious and underwhelming.
December 17, 2016
Perhaps it is because I had such low expectations of the film prior to seeing it, and while I like Cruz, she is a terrible cast for her role.Still, this film was better than its confusing predecessor. Luckily Depp and Rush carry a fast paced film that could have used more character development regarding the Spanish, Phillip, and the mermaids..
December 16, 2016
I had low expectations for this movie and lived up to it. The first movie was amazing and has gone downhill since. This did not add anything new to this movie series. It was predictable and just plain boring at parts.
½ December 3, 2016
Tired and rote exertion by all parties involved. Incoherent narrative interrupted by tedious and poorly choreographed action sequences whose weaknesses are accentuated by the heavy-handed scoring and sound effects intended to cover up those very flaws. Barely reminds the audience of the charm of the original.
November 21, 2016
Pretty disappointing.
½ November 20, 2016
Entretenida pero no es la mejor....
October 25, 2016
Really I love this saga, but...I have a problem with this part...I love it...only...I don't Know, i needed somtihg more or something different :/
October 12, 2016
The fourth Pirates film loses its way and miss the charisma that Bloom and Knightley bring. It's just Depp this time around and is often boring with a lack of fun that the previous films have.