Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Reviews

October 25, 2016
Really I love this saga, but...I have a problem with this part...I love it...only...I don't Know, i needed somtihg more or something different :/
October 12, 2016
The fourth Pirates film loses its way and miss the charisma that Bloom and Knightley bring. It's just Depp this time around and is often boring with a lack of fun that the previous films have.
½ October 4, 2016
Literally couldn't get through the entire thing in one sitting, so boring compared to the ones that came before it. None of the new characters were interesting in my opinion and Jack couldnt hold up the story on his own, especially one as lazy as this one.

You might be thinking that half a star is too harsh for a mediocre film, but they didn't have to make this movie until they had a script worthy of continuing the series and they jumped straight in anyway.
October 3, 2016
A below par Pirates movie, Not as good as I hoped it would be but much better than At Worlds End, Johnny Depp does well to carry on the series without most of the original cast involved, The 3D was ok but not great or used an awful lot, Nothing special but worth a look (Just).
October 2, 2016
Better than At Worlds End, On Strangers Tides exceeds in every way, bring on the next adventure!
½ September 17, 2016
Perhaps as entertaining and satisfying as a bowl of goat's spit on a cold winters day. It looks flashy and full of colorful music, acting, and decor with nothing of nutritious value or taste.
½ September 10, 2016
After seeing 2 & 3, I vowed not to see Pirates 4. However, I succumbed. Chiefly because I wanted to go to the cinemas and had a free ticket and there was nothing better to see. I thought it would be ok. After all, this film didn't have Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightly. I had hopes that two wet rags would replace them and that the film would be a lot better than its two predeccessors. I was disappointed, twice. Firstly, there were no wet rags and secondly, the film was as dull as dog shit. Part of the reason is that there is no plot or character development. If you are making a film with a character in it for the 4th time, they need to develop and expand in some way. But no, it's just the same Jack Sparrow and Barbossa but worse, because they are riding on the coat tails of their success and originality of the first film but are falling far too short. The worst part is that I know I will go and see Pirates 5 when it comes out and I know that I will hate it.
September 5, 2016
No excuse for it's existence, barely watchable
½ September 1, 2016
so much talent wasted and chewing scenery....makes it obvious that Will and Elizabeth were the heart of the first 3.....
½ August 20, 2016
A horrible film in my opinion. This uneccesary sequel to a very successful trilogy ruins the whole first three movies reputation. Its plot simply has no interesting points and its action is way off from the first three movies. Very disappointing. And its hefty budget is wasted as I was expecting better.
August 15, 2016
On Stranger Tides was not that bad but wasn't good either. I still enjoyed seeing Captain Jack Sparrow but the plot was okay. I hope on the next pirate movie they do a better job.
August 14, 2016
The visuals are fun and the action sequences passable, but the fourth "Pirates" entry finds the series in desperate need of something fresh and new.
½ August 10, 2016
It has it flaws but I still like it a lot. Especially Jack and Barbossa.
July 31, 2016
Lacking much of the spark of the original trilogy, this installment seems very much like the enjoyable cash grab that it is. The new direction of Rob Marshall also lacks the scope and fun of Gore Verbinski. Why would you hire a guy who has never done an action picture to direct a four-quel in an action oriented franchise? Don't you almost deserve the the lackluster pile you get from it?
July 25, 2016
A Steaming Pile of Shit,
Why did they have to add the fucking mermaids!
That makes me hate this movie more,
I'm Not Giving This Movie Half Star because Johnny Depp was hilarious and i like how some parts have been redone, That's not saying Much!

Score: 2/10
July 24, 2016
Es algo diferente a las demas, es entretenida, el cambio de cast no me parecio
July 15, 2016
Ho apprezzato molto la trilogia dei Pirati dei Caraibi e questo quarto capitolo ha tutta l'aria di essere qualcosa di non necessario che nessuno ha mai chiesto. Tutta la magia e il divertimento dei film precedenti sembra essere sparita per dare spazio ad un avventura insipida, caotica e prevedibile.
½ July 13, 2016
Movie was just average! I was waiting something more!
July 12, 2016
Pirates of the Caribbean stranger tides, or should I say X-Men Wolverine: origins. Two words that I had to say about this film, Holy Shit!!! What happen, this is a franchise that I really do care to see you when I want to have fun in a movie theater. Did I, absolutely not!! I just want to get out of my freaking chair go to the bathroom and puked all my popcorn I'll because I did not have any popcorn fun at this film. This film is a standalone Jack sparrow movie. And this entire film is all expected by exposition, they go place after place after place, in the entire movie and this movie story structure is the worst thing I have ever seen in movie history. And as for this is a Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. It gets a good box office hit. Disney this is sure of a shame to make money from the people that are has a bit of diehard people that love this franchise, like I do. Because I am a huge fan of pirates. I hope for your next film that you bring back the original director, and not make it half ass.

July 9, 2016