Polaroid Reviews

• 16h ago

Not very original and predictable.

Not very original and predictable.

• 2d ago

A good(enough) ghost movie is hard to find. Polaroid is not a classic, but it does the job. The acting is good enough, the tension build up works, a couple of good jump scares and a ghost that's not silly. For all the ghost movie fans, this is one I wouldn't skip :)

• 5d ago

It was Okay, okay story and and a few good scares.

It was Okay, okay story and and a few good scares.

• 6d ago

Movie was so predictable my friend and I called it 5 minutes in. Take a picture of the death cam demon using the death cam. WOAH CRAZY! Not even a clever setup for it. She just thinks to do it on a whim at the last moment. Characters were uninteresting. Main chick was cute. The End.

• 6d ago

it was good and really scary but ive seen better

it was good and really scary but ive seen better

• Feb 22, 2020

Garbage. Bad plot. Bad acting. There are just NO original concepts in Hollywood anymore. No wonder Parasite (an NON-American film) won Best Picture.

• Feb 20, 2020

I've seen worse, but it was very predictable within the first 5 minutes of watching.

• Feb 19, 2020

This movie suck and should be banned in every country.

This movie suck and should be banned in every country.

• Feb 18, 2020

Same cliche as always. Teenage kids without parents who don't pat their electric bill.

• Feb 18, 2020

'Polaroid' (2019) "High school loner Bird Fitcher finds a vintage Polaroid camera that holds dark and mysterious secrets. She soon realizes that those who get their picture taken by it meet a tragic and untimely death." Despite its apparent flaws and clichés, you can tell 'Polaroid' really does try its best at being a solid horror flick. I admit, I'm guilty of pre-judging this film. Based on the trailer and the premise, I thought 'Polaroid' was going to be a big waste of my time and that I would be writing a much worse review than I am, but to my surprise it really wasn't that bad. Firstly, this film is shot and edited very impressively for a directorial debut. The cinematography and everything in that regard is virtually flawless. The effects at times can be somewhat laughable, but when you have a film on a very low budget then you kind of just have to accept it for what it is. I was also pleased that it didn't overstay its welcome in any way, with a run-time of 1hr and 28 min, which is pretty average for horror today, then anything more would've felt prolonged and drawn-out. Also to my surprise, was how it was able to stretch out such a thin premise to full-length and not completely bore me, which was a big concern of mine going in. All of my other concerns however unfortunately came true, so I suppose I'll get into those. As I mentioned, it's a very thin premise. I don't mind having a simple story, if it's done right, but 'Polaroid' is littered with far too many clichés and typical tropes that this genre suffers from in order to prop itself up. It of course has to include a high school party sequence, the obligatory run-ins with police who can't help our characters, and the tiresome and overdramatized sequences of having the very old character in the film explain to us the mystery and backstory behind the 'curse' or whatever is causing the conflict. It's all been done before, and in many cases done better. This film would've benefited much more if it shaved off the inclusion of those clichés and dedicated it to giving backstory to some of these characters, or at least our lead. There's no real attempt at characterization here, and with no characterization then everyone here felt hollow and it was hard for me to care about any of them when they were in danger. Many of our characters are pretty unlikable, with the exception of our lead, played by Kathryn Prescott. She is the only character I could sympathize with, and also happens to be the only good actor here, because sadly a lot of the acting is very bad. That can be due to the poor script, which honestly feels first-draft, very bottom-of-the-barrel writing, or the fact that many of these actors haven't had much experience, so I won't be too harsh on them. Although as I said, Kathryn Prescott did a good job with the pretty bland script she was given, yet no one else in the film felt convincing or authentic. Regardless of all the negatives this film bears, I don't think it's doing a disservice to horror or anything like that. As someone who loves the genre and wants films like this to succeed, filmmakers really need to detach from the clichés, adapt and get more creative. Luckily we are seeing that with some great directors like Ari Aster and Robert Eggers, who are really adapting horror and expanding the limits of what it can be, but many other filmmakers appear to be trapped in a box where they know they can play it safe and at least make their budget back, but in the end it's just adding to the cesspool and watering it all down. If you're a fan of horror or just looking for a decent enough film to put on in the background, 'Polaroid' does the job. My Rating - 5/10