Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Portrait de la jeune fille en feu) Reviews

• Apr 04, 2021

Quite possibly the most boring film I've ever seen. Presumably it's an elaborate joke about paint drying. If you want to stay awake don't believe the hype and avoid.

• Apr 02, 2021

I love this movie! This is a movie that is one of a kind. It makes you feels so much! Not to mention the chemistry of the actors it feels so raw and emotional! This is a movie that I will watch forever and never get tired of watching.

• Mar 28, 2021

This movie takes its time building up its characters and does so beautifully. The movie has an excellent look and the slow dialogue adds to a truly amazing foreign film.

• Mar 26, 2021

I am never not believing in a movie score again, this was glorious! I usually don't watch movies like this one, but this managed to convince me of seeing all good rated movies.. 9.7/10

• Mar 25, 2021

I thought was very well done

I thought was very well done

• Mar 22, 2021

Artistic period piece, but at times the plot felt simple and not as substantive. It'll probably take a few more watches on my part to better dissect deeper meanings, though.

• Mar 14, 2021

Should have gotten an Oscar. Incredible cinematography, great acting, excellent screenplay. There's no music in pretty much the entire film, which, surprisingly, enhances the experience and further illuminates the brilliance of the acting, directing, and screenplay. This film will give you chills. A masterpiece in every way.

• Mar 11, 2021

Some elements of the film are nice enough, but ultimately not much happens. Real case of style over substance, and the good acting can't really save the sinking ship.

• Mar 10, 2021

Auteur cinema at its best. Not sure if it is tasteful to specifically label the movie as "gay/lesbian". Are other films categorized as "heterosexual"?

• Mar 01, 2021

Visually splendid but small-scale and quiet period piece absorbs due to it's performances and the plight of it's characters.